Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:24 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Feedback and Bug Reports
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:29 pm 
Site Admin

Please feel free to post any feedback or bug reports in this thread! Hope you are enjoying the game!

Post subject: Re: Feedback and Bug Reports
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:17 am 

Wednesday (At least here) at last!

Now I can try this game a little! I'll get back here as I play to report or just comment if everything goes well.

Let's kick some mecha-asses.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:53 pm 
Site Admin

Hehe! There definitely is quite a bit of mechanical mayhem (kicking robot butt) in the game ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:21 pm 

Okay, i've been playing up to SCENARIO 3. The difficulty ramps faster than i thought (Is not like it's hard, but I thought the game would be a little soft during the first few chapters, lol). The dialogues and descriptions are fine and I haven't find any issues.

But I have a small question. Very silly and not important at all.
Sometimes, a robot will get their legs damaged (they show yellow in the status picture), yet while fighting it shows "RE-Triangle".

When is the arms, it shows AR, for example. Which brings me to the question: Is RE supposed to be LE?
I'm not good with japanese by any stretch of the imagination, but I know how confusing the R vs L thing can get.

Besides that no problem so far. And I love how EVERYBODY has a giant chin to go along their giant robot. Even the smallest one would put Jay Leno to shame.

I'll continue playing!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:53 pm 
Site Admin

I was hoping it would take a bit longer for this question to pop up, but to be perfectly honest with you, I have no idea what the RE and AR are referring to... There was no Japanese indication as to what the letters were supposed to represent (though your interpretation makes sense). There was another set of status abbreviations (A-H) that I interpreted as "Avoid Hit" and had changed to "EVA" for Evade. I leave this all open to discussion, but I think you are probably on the right tract, and this is precisely a talk I was hoping to have so that I can update the letters (hopefully ARM and LEG; though I don't quite get the triangle. Could it be Delta? Delta meaning "change"?) for the eventual 1.01 patch.

Edit: Haha, the characters portraits for the ladies aren't the most flattering. I even joked to Filler at one point that we should also do a graphical hack to make them look more feminine ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:58 pm 
Site Admin

I did notice that unit's movement can be severely reduced after taking damage, but I don't know if it correlates to the RE/AR/AH statuses. I hadn't thought about legs and arms. I wonder if range is affected when AR is active? Strangely, RE has two states, the triangle, and an X. I don't know if the other two have more than one state. If you can figure out what exactly those mean I'd love to know.

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:16 pm 

Well, then I'm sorry for bringing up the exact question as the first comment on this translation!

The R and L is something I tend to put a lot of interest with fan translations, mostly because I could learn when to use one or the other. I personally have no problem with letting it be RE-, as it makes little difference once you know what it means.

I'll take a deeper look at these "altered stats" and see what change when I get back to the game.

Maybe "Triangle" means "Damaged, but it can still be used partially" and X means "It can't be used at all".

With the legs could be lowered movement and unable to move, and for the arms is lowered damage and unability to use weapons/attack.

But of course, I'm still in Scenario 4, so I may as well know nothing at all. Except that I never like sand in Strategy RPG's. Nor in romantic dialogues. DAMN you!

About the chins and art style, I'm okay with it. The ladies look kind of weird, comparing to pretty much every other game with "anime" girls trying to be the prettiest thing possible, but weird is not bad! The chins make me smile, so it's a good thing in my book.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:16 pm 

Maybe it is as I thought!

One of my units got WI-Triangle when it was hit.

So it's wings didn't work that well, because even if it has a move range of 6...

...He could only move 3 with WI-Triangle...

But then, I moved one of those robots that heal and recharge others and it was fixed.

Maybe it's as simple as Triangle meaning "Warning/Danger" and X meaning "Disabled".

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:47 pm 
Site Admin

Sounds like you're on the right track! Keep an eye on it as you play. It will be nice to confirm all the status states.

Jay Leno's extended family. :) I thought the designs were odd at first, but they work quite well in the couple of illustrated cut scenes. I think it grows on you.

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:42 pm 
Site Admin

I was going to ask if anyone has found a strategy guide or a booklet for the game itself because I have been unsuccessful in my searches. Maybe the answers to those questions will be in back but we have to find one.