Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:46 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: The English Name of this Project
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:13 am 

Quote:
All of my work is hereby provided in the public domain. Do whatever you want with it. The only exceptions are:

1) battleicons.bmp was created by Derrick Sobodash.
2) title.bmp was created by ghettoyouth.

Please credit the two above files to them under a Creative Commons license, eg full credit to them for their work, don't claim you made it. Feel free to change them as you like, as long as you stick to the before mentioned requests.

If I'm reading this right, byuu doesn't mind if you change them, you just have to credit them for their work.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:21 am 
Site Admin

Garrett wrote:
Quote:
All of my work is hereby provided in the public domain. Do whatever you want with it. The only exceptions are:

1) battleicons.bmp was created by Derrick Sobodash.
2) title.bmp was created by ghettoyouth.

Please credit the two above files to them under a Creative Commons license, eg full credit to them for their work, don't claim you made it. Feel free to change them as you like, as long as you stick to the before mentioned requests.

If I'm reading this right, byuu doesn't mind if you change them, you just have to credit them for their work.
If these are the exact and only words driving all of this name-of-the-game business, I concur. It seems to me we could maybe have two splash pages, put this ghettoyouth Romaji graphic on the first one, credit the Romaji graphic to him there, followed by our usual D-D splash with a localized title that matches the language we're using to create our patch, then replace the real Japanese ROM title page with one we localize the same way we do just about everything else around here.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:46 am 
Site Admin

I still think we should keep the beautifully done graphic that was provided to us. With that said, I also think we should add a subtitle that translates it into English. If we need to discuss this further, then let's do so in the private forum or through e-mail.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:14 am 

Hey, thanks for picking this project up though I'm not sure if you started from scratch or not. I haven't really focused on any work in several years now, and I was wandering around searching for old things as I sometimes do. This is a game that I really wish DMM finished the hacking on.

But I digress...

Originally I thought Greater Shell Monsters Tale or Greater Tale of Shell Monsters to contrast with the previous title. Or rarely I'd extrapolate out The Great Shell Monster Escapade :P

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:55 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Gerb,

Nice to meet you! Had some questions. Bongo` and I have PM'ed you.

gerb wrote:
Hey, thanks for picking this project up though I'm not sure if you started from scratch or not. I haven't really focused on any work in several years now, and I was wandering around searching for old things as I sometimes do. This is a game that I really wish DMM finished the hacking on.

But I digress...

Originally I thought Greater Shell Monsters Tale or Greater Tale of Shell Monsters to contrast with the previous title. Or rarely I'd extrapolate out The Great Shell Monster Escapade :P