Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:00 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Basic Insertion System in Place - A Huge Milestone!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:52 pm 
Site Admin

This is just to illustrate a sample of the first insertion of Ritchie's translated English dialogue script from Block 003, the Ryu chapter. Bongo` has not made any refinements to the display yet. This is just the inserter's virgin run we want to share with you, within minutes of me seeing it for the very first time, slightly reformatted.

1. At this time, two of the 69 script files are 100% translated, received, and inserted into the working ROM.

2. None of Recca's and LostTemplar's menu files are inserted at this time.

3. The basic font you see is a non-proportional test font only.

4. It's time for Taskforce to start thinking about an appropriate "Burning VWF" (32 CPL, maybe)!?

5. We look forward to inserting additional dialogue files!

Image Image
Image Image

Post subject: Re: Basic Insertion System in Place - A Huge Milestone!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:34 pm 
Site Admin

Ah, it's nice to see that progress via script insertion is under way for Burning Heroes. It's interesting to see the different translation of Ryuu's intro compared to Deltaflame's. Here's how he had it:

(4 years ago...)

Ryuu
Dad!! PLEASE!!

Dad
Ryuu, you
are 10 now, Hmm?
So I'm Leaving.

Ryuu
NO DAD!! DON'T!!
I'm too young!!

Dad
Just stay away
from me, Ryuu.
Don't make me
USE FORCE!! NOW,
When you grow
up, look for
me..

Ryuu
I'll kill
you DAD!!

Ryuu!! HEY!!

Hey. WAKEUP!!

Ryuu
AAH!! Oh, uh, I
was thinking.

YEAH right!
You were asleep
man. You liar.

Ryuu
Shut up!
He abandoned me.

Go kill him!

Ryuu
Yup, I will.

Interesting as the Japanese text seemed to say "6 years ago", not 4... Adam was translated as Dad, I wonder why...? Ah, well, I guess I should be commenting on the progress made now and not ten years ago...

Anyways, about the current progress. Picture 3 seems to have too many periods. Isn't the actually translation a little more like:

Ryuu
Father!
Please don't leave me!!

Shot 3 also seems to have the letter "e" cut off in "please". I guess there was a space issue which cut off the letter? The word "it" seems to be displayed at the beginning of the second line in the first three screenshots. Aside from those three things, the test font and insertion is great! :)

By the way, it might be better to save images as .png instead of .bmp. It has the same high quality, but takes much less space. My Record of Lodoss War pic took 5.00MB as .bmp and only 137KB as .png. Great quality and low space.

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:45 pm 
Site Admin

Recca wrote:
Ah, it's nice to see that progress via script insertion is under way for Burning Heroes. It's interesting to see the different translation of Ryuu's intro compared to Deltaflame's.
This was just a simple first insertion test using Ritchie's raw translation. Screen anomalies will be addressed in due course, and the story will be rewritten and polished several times but always follow Ritchie's plot elements and tone. Nothing from Deltaflame's story will be introduced unless it just happens to coincide with Ritchie's interpretation exactly. One aspect I admit I did examine very closely in this chapter was any hint of Ryu vowing to murder his father or being encouraged to do so. That element just flat does not exist, thankfully, and I can't imagine any Japanese writer working for Enix would introduce such a theme for any character except maybe an arch-villain.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:12 pm 
Site Admin

Wildbill wrote:
Nothing from Deltaflame's story will be introduced unless it just happens to coincide with Ritchie's interpretation exactly. One aspect I admit I did examine very closely in this chapter was any hint of Ryu vowing to murder his father or being encouraged to do so. That element just flat does not exist, thankfully, and I can't imagine any Japanese writer working for Enix would introduce such a theme for any character except maybe an arch-villain.

Indeed, I haven't seen anything to suggest that Ryuu wants to kill his father either. I have a feeling that Deltaflame may have either made up most of Ryuu's intro or used a bad online translator...

His character screen in the misc files made mention of him despising ill tongued people like his father. He wants to surpass his father and show me what a fine warrior he has become. It doesn't seem as though he wants to kill him though, just to show off his strength.

Edit: From MenuText3:

; " オレは とうさんを こえてみせる!!"
.TEXT
I will surpass my father!!
.ENDT

; " ちちおやに すてられた こどくなしょうねん"
.TEXT
A lonely boy abandoned by his father.
.ENDT

; " そのトラウマにより ちちおやのような"
.TEXT
Due to this trauma, he despises ill-tongued
.ENDT

; "どくぜんてきなにんげんを ぞうおしている"
.TEXT
people like his father.
.ENDT

; " ちちおやをこえるヒーローをめざすため"
.TEXT
To become a hero surpassing his father,
.ENDT

; "たたかいのなかに みをとうじる"
.TEXT
he throws himself into battle.
.ENDT

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:14 am 
Site Admin

Recca wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
Nothing from Deltaflame's story will be introduced unless it just happens to coincide with Ritchie's interpretation exactly. One aspect I admit I did examine very closely in this chapter was any hint of Ryu vowing to murder his father or being encouraged to do so. That element just flat does not exist, thankfully, and I can't imagine any Japanese writer working for Enix would introduce such a theme for any character except maybe an arch-villain.

Indeed, I haven't seen anything to suggest that Ryuu wants to kill his father either. I have a feeling that Deltaflame may have either made up most of Ryuu's intro or used a bad online translator...

His character screen in the misc files made mention of him despising ill tongued people like his father. He wants to surpass his father and show me what a fine warrior he has become. It doesn't seem as though he wants to kill him though, just to show off his strength.
Yep, he's just a hurt kid who grows up driven and - ahem - becomes a burning hero. Have I sent you Ritchie's translated Block 004? I seem to recall more mention of the father. Don't get me wrong. I am very proud of Deltaflame for what he accomplished. We all did the best we could back in those days.

I will want you backstopping me on the BH story creation, you, Draken, and Red Soul, as we proceed. This is gonna be a good one! I need folks helping me who have a passion and love for this specific game - Enix works in particular - to make it all it can be. It already has that special "feel" for me, the same as Mystic Ark did in my very first battle with a lowly Crow! The same as Dragon Warrior-I when the first Slime drew near - what hooked me in the first darned place!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:23 am 
Site Admin

Yay! Looking nice! I'd love to help after I get CS finished... Or at least get my dialog sections nailed down.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:09 am 

The screenshots look great, I think a lot of gamers will be very happy that DD picked up this project.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:30 am 
Site Admin

Wildbill wrote:
Yep, he's just a hurt kid who grows up driven and - ahem - becomes a burning hero. Have I sent you Ritchie's translated Block 004? I seem to recall more mention of the father. Don't get me wrong. I am very proud of Deltaflame for what he accomplished. We all did the best we could back in those days.

I don't seem to recall seeing Ritchie's translated Block 004 text file. If you could send it to me, that would be great, thanks! It's a bit hard at times to understand what's going on when there's bits of pieces that I can't fully read and understand. I'm certainly curious about why Ryuu's father left him.

Ah, I hope my post wasen't misinterpreted. I'm quite fond of Deltaflame's early work on Burning Heroes as it got the project to where it is today. We might not be here working on this today if not for him. Deltaflame has my sincere thanks. Heck, my Japanese was worse back than now! :P And so, my studies continue! :)

Quote:
I will want you backstopping me on the BH story creation, you, Draken, and Red Soul, as we proceed. This is gonna be a good one! I need folks helping me who have a passion and love for this specific game - Enix works in particular - to make it all it can be. It already has that special "feel" for me, the same as Mystic Ark did in my very first battle with a lowly Crow! The same as Dragon Warrior-I when the first Slime drew near - what hooked me in the first darned place!

Thanks, I'll be glad to help out with the BH story! Being a member on the team is an honor! :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:22 pm 

All of us that will help mold this project, - as well as other projects in the future - may not be heroes
but all of us can account for the "Burning" bit of the title for the much needed passion to realize
anything of worth in life; that much, we all have, I'm sure, and we'll see this project and many
others to completion

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:16 am 

Hey the pictures in the update look great, considering what you said with the font, are you trying to translate this game into several languages like Portuguese and Romanian?

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons