Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:28 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: <3
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:18 am 
Site Admin

rwthw wrote:
While true it was a very old patch and it came out right about the time we started getting into everything, there's literally 70 different versions of my BH rom with at one point a backup of changes, and some where I experimented with different things, I believe one of them I stole the equipment icons from final fantasy in a way to figure out how to put in item names (there's a weapon on there literally called Sword of the Kings, and with a current 8 letter limit on items, made it pretty hard.

As I said before, I'll look around on my computer to see what I can dig up on translation progress. I know I have the first 10 blocks somewhere translated, and about a total of 12 perhaps if I remember right, along with the item name and descriptions, quest outlines, etc.
Heh, we're gonna fool around and get you involved again, Deltaflame! After all, you promised Takashi, neh?

Sword of
Kings

...should work in an 8X8 two-line format...

If you remember or find some notes on the stories, I hope you can confirm that Asuka is a woman and Gaou is a pariah in the first village. Also, do you recall if another route exists between Dawn Town and the second destination, other than the Whitecaps Sea Route? If so, does both the Ekurea party and Gaou find and take it as they advance the story?

If you locate those translated blocks, I hope Ritchie will find time to check them over for continuity. We plan to follow his FAQ conventions to a large extent, and standardization of scripts from multiple translators always helps us get on track, as we learned when Akujin performed similar checks for us in Mystic Ark (except for the unknown - at the time - Block 5). Later, Draken and I worked hard to mesh the "new" Block 5 into Akujin's, Shirley's, and Varkon's integrated styles, even though Mecha Gaijin's Block 5 work was literally on the mark perfectly - just 10-years later without the advantage of coordination between the whole translation team.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:05 pm 
Site Admin

Wildbill wrote:
If you remember or find some notes on the stories, I hope you can confirm that Asuka is a woman and Gaou is a pariah in the first village. Also, do you recall if another route exists between Dawn Town and the second destination, other than the Whitecaps Sea Route? If so, does both the Ekurea party and Gaou find and take it as they advance the story?

I've been a little confused about this myself too. Asuka is a girl's name, but the sprite looks as though it could be either male or female. Here's the description of Gaou's scenario:

; Length of current text string: 22
START = $CB7CDE
MAXPOS = $CB7CF5

; " ぼうじゃくぶじんを えにかいたようなガオウ"
.TEXT
Gaou is like a picture of arrogance.
.ENDT

; Length of current text string: 23
START = $CB7CF9
MAXPOS = $CB7D11

; " かれを りかいするものは あいぼうフローズと"
.TEXT
The only ones who can understand him are his friend Furozu and
.ENDT

; "アスカというなまえの ながれものだけであった"
.TEXT
a vagabond by the name of Asuka.
.ENDT

; " かけがえのないなかま・・・そのひとりアスカが"
.TEXT
Precious allies... one of them, Asuka,
.ENDT

; Length of current text string: 21
START = $CB7D4C
MAXPOS = $CB7D62

; "なにものかに ころされ ふくしゅうのたびへ"
.TEXT
gets killed by someone and Gaou departs on a journey for vengeance.
.ENDT

I'm not sure about Asuka, but I'm positive that Furozu (Froz) is a girl. Gaou must have been a pretty lucky guy to live with two girls in a house, heh! Well anyways... I guess since Asuka mentions Taiga, I suppose that Gaou must think that he is the one who killed her.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:36 pm 

I think it's noted somewhere that Taiga (Tiger) is the head of a gang/group and that it was assumed that Taiga/Tiger killed Asuka because it was her/his last words before he/she died. (Gaou's profile in the beginning is where it states this, where his main objective is to "Destroy the Tiger gang!")

One of the twins is engaged to Taiga/Tiger, I can't remember which one it was, either Chocolat or Eclair (Shokora- & Ekureia, respectively), which would be the reason why they are following/fighting each other.

(semi-spoiler?)
What I like most of this game is that each starting character's story is integrated with the corresponding hidden character and kind of gives an alternate view of some situations.
(/semi-spoiler?)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:27 am 
Site Admin

rwthw wrote:
I think it's noted somewhere that Taiga (Tiger) is the head of a gang/group and that it was assumed that Taiga/Tiger killed Asuka because it was her/his last words before he/she died. (Gaou's profile in the beginning is where it states this, where his main objective is to "Destroy the Tiger gang!")

One of the twins is engaged to Taiga/Tiger, I can't remember which one it was, either Chocolat or Eclair (Shokora- & Ekureia, respectively), which would be the reason why they are following/fighting each other.

Taiga is a gang leader?! I didn't know that... Why the heck is Ekureia; a priestess engaged to a gang leader...? Anyways, I'll try to dig up some more info on the game's story. It seems very interesting. Heh, I have a feeling that this is going to be a great year for translation releases! :)

For now, here's Chocola's story description screen:

; Length of current text string: 19
START = $CB7BEF
MAXPOS = $CB7C03

; " ふたごのあねエクレアのけっこんしきを"
.TEXT
Chocola was waiting for her
.ENDT

; Length of current text string: 17
START = $CB7C07
MAXPOS = $CB7C19

; "ふくざつなきもちでむかえるショコラ"
.TEXT
twin sister's wedding with mixed feelings.
.ENDT
; Length of current text string: 19
START = $CB7C1D
MAXPOS = $CB7C31

; " しかし けっこんしきのとうじつ・・・"
.TEXT
But, on the day of the wedding...
.ENDT

START = $CB7C35
MAXPOS = $CB7C4D

; "こんやくしゃタイガは あらわれなかった・・・・"
.TEXT
Taiga, the finance, did not appear...
.ENDT

; Length of current text string: 10
START = $CB7C51
MAXPOS = $CB7C5C

; "そのときショコラは?"
.TEXT
Where was Chocola at the time?
.ENDT

I guess that might explain Chocola's mixed feelings about the wedding. Gaou refers to them in the screen shot slide show at the front page as the "well known and celebrated sisters".

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:59 pm 

It's somewhat to that effect, I actually found a lot of my files, I'll post a few up when I get out of work. But if I remember right here's a little summary for the first four characters.

Ryuu:
His father left him to find the cosmeon power, Ryuu's vowing to surpass his father in strength.

Laila:
Laila is trying to win the heart of an important figure (nobleman?) through the treasures that she finds.

Gaou:
Gaou's best friend was killed by Taiga, he is swearing revenge

Naga:
Naga was a girl that was possesed by a cursed armor (my memory is shady on this)

---rest is completely from shotty memory----
Rouge:
Rouge's sister is dying from a sickness and requires a very rare plant to make the medicine

Shen:
Shen is the water guardian trying to restore something or other

Chocolate:
Taiga never came to the wedding, and she has some doubts (pretty much what you said Recca)

Moebius:
Seriously not too sure on this one. But I really liked his story, kind of comedic from the translated blocks I've had.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:19 pm 
Site Admin

Yep, those are also mostly what I have in my text files too. All the character descriptions and such are in the MenuText3 file. If your interested, I could post those descriptions here like I did with Gaou and Chocola to compare notes.

Here's the one for Mobius:

START = $CB7C61
MAXPOS = $CB7C78

; " こきょうをおいだされた しゅじんアイリスに"
.TEXT
Mobius is serving his/her master
.ENDT

; Length of current text string: 10
START = $CB7C7C
MAXPOS = $CB7C87

; "つきしたがうメビウス"
.TEXT
Iris who has been expelled from his/her homeland.
.ENDT

START = $CB7C8B
MAXPOS = $CB7CA2

; " しゅじんのワガママにふりまわされ かこくな"
.TEXT
He/she is leading a harsh life being tossed around by his/her
.ENDT

START = $CB7CA6
MAXPOS = $CB7CBE

; "まいにちをおくる  そのアイリスのワガママから"
.TEXT
master's selfishness. Eventually, he/she is involved
.ENDT

START = $CB7CC2
MAXPOS = $CB7CD9

; "ちょっとしたじけんに まきこまれるが・・・・"
.TEXT
in a little incident caused by this selfishness of Iris...
.ENDT

I think Iris is a girl judging from the name, but I'm not sure about Mobius. I only really beat this game with Ryu and Gaou. I have looked over a little of the other characters as well. Heh, this is one interesting game!

Edit: I'm not sure if Naga's armor is cursed or not, I think she just bought it from a guild or something (judging from the description).
-> Naga, a girl covered in an armor. Because she owes them a tremendous amount of money, she became the marionette of the guild. Where that debt comes from is shourded in mystery...

I guess from now on, I'll just post the translated English text to save space and make it easier to read.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:54 am 

Spoiler! :
(0004656C)-(000465DA) [ Bytes Availabe: 0110 ]
「南の砂ばくにある<CR>
 『流砂の塔』は
後ろの山から流れ落ちる砂に
たえずさらされてるんだ
あの塔を造ったのは
我々人間よりも前に
この大地にすんでいた者たちだと考えられている……
[It's in the southern desert..
The Tower of Streaming Sands,
where the sand flows from the
mountain behind it. I get the
feeling that the tower was built
before humans like us ever lived
on this continent...]

So I found some stuff, and I emailed some people to see if they have some of their stuff... from 5 or 6 years ago. It's not much...

Also, the thing about Gaou's enemy Taiga being a gang leader was prompted perhaps by the level of authority he was able to wield. It does sound like Taiga has a huge influence over the town, Gaou was more or less the gang-ish type (i'd have to look over the translated blocks I have)

But what I was able to scrounge up from the old dusty harddrive:
block 4 - Sandy Town/Sandy Street
block 5 - Dawn Town/Dawn Street (Gaou's starting point)
Block 40 - Crimson Barrier & Ash Barrier
Block 3 - Fire Capital (Ryuu's starting point)
Block 41 -First Dungeon
Block 2 - Rain Capital (Laila's starting point)
Block 43 - Second Dungeon
Block 1 - Water Capital (Naga's starting point)

Spell names and descriptions (roughly 98% translated)
Item names (roughly 95% translated)

I suppose since I reminded myself of my complicated filing system as an 17 year old kid, I can probably find the fully translated descriptions of each item as well.

I can zip these up and email them, I just forgot who to send it to (most likely you Wildbill)

Cheers!

Raymond (Deltaflame)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:37 am 

Wow, its great to have input from the original project starter!
Welcome to the boards, Deltaflame.
I'm pretty sure your files and translations will come in handy
and hopefully bring the end product closer to what you
had envisioned when you began.

And since we're talking about Asuka's gender and other such things
I'll say that one confused me also, I can't say I'm sure of the gender
even though Ritchie claims its male.

Another thing that's been bugging me is the whole
Rouge Party thing, it sounds pretty odd, isn't it meant to be
Rogue Party? what do you think?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:00 am 
Site Admin

Hi, Deltaflame!

Well, sure... I can take these files at my dynamic-designs.us addy.

Spoiler! :
BTW, when I left Gaou in English, he was on his way to Sky Castle to learn more about Asuka, directly from Emperor Hald (Harudo). Apparently, 20 years earlier, Asuka was about to deploy to Ash Fort with Hell Cannon on behalf of the Empire, where the rebelliously independent Esariaran merchants were eventually slaughtered, but he abandoned that battle and wound up in World-I, Mare Land - a friend and mentor of Gaou. In the present, Hell Cannon appears to be working with the Death Merchant, Dr. Emes, and that pesky phantom, Addom. The relationship between the Death Merchant (who wants to bring world commerce under his monopoly) and the Rouge Party (that wants to bring the world under a one government dictatorship - read: Rouge=Red=Communist) is fraught with deadly rivalry at this point.

In the backdrop of this, we have the powerful Empire led by Lord Hald, the mysteriously shunned Esariarans who live on secluded Forgotten Island, System D (a potential all-powerful transmogrifying force that plans to end the world in order to punish all humans for their sins - A.K.A. "Deathwise" in his fully evolved form), some walking dead people (reincarnated by the Death Merchant as phantoms) such as Ryuu's "lost" father, Adam, who may also hold the Passion ability and still seeks the Cosmion Power. We also have the Star Key and Star Gate - portals to a stellar world made of stardust called Astralia, and finally, the eight young heroes with Passion abilities who are working at cross purposes toward the same ultimate goal. In sum, the game and it's major players are quite complex indeed!

Ritchie just sent me the translation for Sky Castle, so maybe when I update the Gaou and other affected scenarios, we'll learn more about Asuka, Taiga, Naga's armor, and Iris's mother (deposed leader of Trade City in the Mevius scenario). This approach is rather like an onion. Each time we peel away a layer of this game, we arrive closer to the secrets at the center of it's universe.

rwthw wrote:
Spoiler! :
(0004656C)-(000465DA) [ Bytes Availabe: 0110 ]
「南の砂ばくにある<CR>
 『流砂の塔』は
後ろの山から流れ落ちる砂に
たえずさらされてるんだ
あの塔を造ったのは
我々人間よりも前に
この大地にすんでいた者たちだと考えられている……
[It's in the southern desert..
The Tower of Streaming Sands,
where the sand flows from the
mountain behind it. I get the
feeling that the tower was built
before humans like us ever lived
on this continent...]

So I found some stuff, and I emailed some people to see if they have some of their stuff... from 5 or 6 years ago. It's not much...

Also, the thing about Gaou's enemy Taiga being a gang leader was prompted perhaps by the level of authority he was able to wield. It does sound like Taiga has a huge influence over the town, Gaou was more or less the gang-ish type (i'd have to look over the translated blocks I have)

But what I was able to scrounge up from the old dusty harddrive:
block 4 - Sandy Town/Sandy Street
block 5 - Dawn Town/Dawn Street (Gaou's starting point)
Block 40 - Crimson Barrier & Ash Barrier
Block 3 - Fire Capital (Ryuu's starting point)
Block 41 -First Dungeon
Block 2 - Rain Capital (Laila's starting point)
Block 43 - Second Dungeon
Block 1 - Water Capital (Naga's starting point)

Spell names and descriptions (roughly 98% translated)
Item names (roughly 95% translated)

I suppose since I reminded myself of my complicated filing system as an 17 year old kid, I can probably find the fully translated descriptions of each item as well.

I can zip these up and email them, I just forgot who to send it to (most likely you Wildbill)

Cheers!

Raymond (Deltaflame)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:19 am 
Site Admin

Oh hey, Deltaflame! Long time no see, thanks for stopping! You should come by more often, I think you'll be pleased to see the progress we've made so far thanks to the help of everyone and Ritchie in particular who's translating the script for Burning Heroes. This will surely be one great release when it's finally ready!

Like Wildbill said, this is one great and unique RPG. It's not the type that gives away the entire plot at the very beginning like other games where you automatically know full well who the enemies are and their entire agenda. BH is more of a puzzle to the heroes where more pieces of the story are revealed as you progress further in the game. The true enemy (last boss) is only known near the end of the game/scenario for the repective heroes. In matter in fact, there are different things which are made known in each of the eight scenarios...

Spoiler! :
For instance, in Ryuu's scenario, Killy says that Adam (Ryuu's father) killed him after defeating Demon Jacko so he could take full credit and glory. After becoming a Phantom, Killy wants to bring back Demon Jacko so he could defeat him, himself and become a hero. Whereas in Shen's scenario, Killy says that he killed Adam so that he could take full credit for killing Demon Jacko, but was defeated by him and wants to bring him back so he could defeat him instead. Which is the real truth I wonder...?