Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:31 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Post subject: Re: Burning Heroes Production and Storywriting Status
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:29 am 
Site Admin

KingMike wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
I just picked up this little jewel for $10 + shipping. I will scan it and upload after it arrives in a month or so.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &viewitem=

In a month? I bought from that seller before, I'd be surprised if it takes more than a couple weeks. :)
He says 4 to 6, but you're right. In the past, I've taken shipment in as few as 10 days. I also got these and reduced shipping...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWNX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWNX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... MEWNX%3AIT

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:53 am 

How is that ebay seller geting so many copies of Princess Minerva and Silva Saga 2, especially with the box and instructions? Those games must be close to 20 years old. But I guess as long as the seller has been reliable in the past. Maybe people in Japan take better care of their older games than people in the United States. Many people in the US can't even keep their XBox 360 games in their original case which makes me wonder what in the world are they are doing with their game disks. Do they just have a pile of them sitting on a counter?

I still have all my old SNES and N64 games in their original boxes in good shape, thats probably worth more than the game itself in many ebay auctions.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:35 pm 
Site Admin

So, after taking off a few weeks here in late August to work on games, I suddenly found myself with nothing to do. Therefore, I resumed part of my (real) work schedule that was planned for early September and decided to use my remaining time to practice my meager and slow translation skills. Now, if Ritchie is reading this, by no means am I doing this because I'm in a hurry. I was just all primed up to be writing game stories at this time, and for various reasons, all my laid out work just sort of "dried up" suddenly.

The game, of course, is Burning Heroes, and I'm finding the Japanese quite tough, especially the long strings. I picked Block 22 (Sky Castle), because it lies between where Ritchie's work left off for Heroes Mevius and Naga and the already finished Green Village and Trade City. At least four heroes must pass through Sky Castle, which just happens to be the Empire's capital in World-II. The Block is quite long because it includes dialogue for the town, at least half of the heroes passing through, and inside the castle itself, rather unusual, given the pattern of many other blocks. Emperor Harudo lives here, and at least two heroes must deal with the emperor (Gaou and Chocolate), then proceed to Trade City via Dark Tower, the repository of a legendary Sword needed to unlock future chapters in the game.

As I said, Ritchie (if you see this), I'm doing it just for my own training and to scratch an itch to be writing. I know this story so well now, I feel I must be fairly close. The key words and phrases in the Japanese seem clear on these and other strings. If had my "druthers", however, I'd like to see the three "roads" come in before Sky Castle and Dark Tower, but really, only a handful of World-II blocks remain:

Block 022 - Sky Castle

Block 025 - Floating (Levitation) Road
Block 026 - Devil's Road
Block 027 - Blue Road

Block 029 - Ruins Village
Block 030 - Ruins - Buried Shrine
Block 031 - Rock Fort
Block 032 - Waterfall Mountain Path

Block 034 - Dark Tower

At any rate, all of you fellow Burning Heroes animals out there, here's part of the new "Sky Castle" English - subject to change when I receive Ritchie's real translation.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:04 pm 

Looking good, Bill!
I'm pretty sure Ritchie will find your translation
agreeable. If you can spare the time, I'd like some feedback
on the fixes I did on the blocks I sent you, just to make sure we are on the same track, thanks ^.^

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:09 pm 

The more I see of it, the more eager I am to play... Thanks, as ever! ;)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:32 am 

You guys are incredible.

I can't fathom the effort and scope of what you do! But in the same sense, appreciate it so much! Nice going!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:35 am 

Thank you both for the cheering on, it pushes us forward!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:46 am 

nice work wildbill and the others on this project keep up the updates and all the fans will greatly be ready to play the game when its done just like me:)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:26 am 
Site Admin

So, while Bongo` is fixing a pocketful of issues with the Silva Saga-II V0.99 beta I just sent to him, I decided to stop surging on that game and decompress with a little Burning Heroes!

Actually, I picked up a week-old e-mail from Recca, witnessed his test play through the final boss fight in the Ryuu scenario, decided to bridge over an untranslated gap (Block 059), and refine the translated story as far as I could go from there into World-III. Well, I have more to do with this plan than I was able to finish tonight, but here are some first progress reports for World-III.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:58 pm 
Site Admin

Do they speak with Astralian accents? :D Looking awesome WB.

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next