Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:44 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Dark Half by Klepo - Game Manual Upload (Japanese)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:54 pm 
Site Admin

Sir Yoink dropped by and visited on the old board a while back, announcing that he was resuming work on Dark Half by Enix. We haven't heard from him since, so we hope all is going well. http://www.klepto.r8.org/

Some years ago, Sir Yoink was a member of the Confederated Translation Company (CTC) the structure under which most of us here at D-D have our origins. As such, the Dark Half team back then consisted of Sir Yoink, myself, and a few others, sort of the same structure that Deltaflame and we had going with Burning Heroes. For a time, Bongo` and I considered picking up Dark Half again under the D-D banner, but I was able to contact Sir Yoink, and he indicated that he would be proceeding alone at this time.

Two things I did with Dark Half, however, (10-years-ago) was build a Kanji table file for a script dump and order a Dark Half cart from Japan, which I recently discovered in a lost box that also contained my SNES copier (SWC-DX2 64 Mbit) and a vintage SNES console in perfect working order! Therefore, I just completed a task I started back then, and that was to scan the Dark Half manual and upload it for the benefit of the video game-playing world.

I understand that Sir Yoink achieved a script dump a few months ago and was searching for a translator on another web site. I wish him the best with Dark Half and offer him this long overdue manual in further assistance, and I also want him to know that he is welcome to make Dark Half a joint project with us again, if he so desires.

http://www.dynamic-designs.us/darkhalf/ ... Manual.zip

Dark Half World Map

Post subject: Re: Dark Half by Klepo - Game Manual Upload (Japanese)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:45 pm 

Well, everything should be going well seeing as how he now has a translated script to insert or at least from what I hear.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:54 pm 

Well I always look forward to new Enix games to play. Sometimes I wished they hadn't merged with Square although I read somewhere oddly enough that it was Enix that bought out Square.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:43 am 

ultpaladin wrote:
Well I always look forward to new Enix games to play. Sometimes I wished they hadn't merged with Square although I read somewhere oddly enough that it was Enix that bought out Square.

Yes, I believe Square was somewhat strapped for cash after the final fantasy movie fiasco. (pfft, a final fantasy film without chocobos? what were they thinking!!)

http://hollytron.etsy.com

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:59 am 
ultpaladin wrote:

I agree with you, Square games were much better before merging with Enix.