Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:13 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Wildbill, do you have the Burning Heroes manual?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:56 am 

I was going to ask the same thing Wildbill asked if this was the same Ritchie that contributed so many FAQs to old RPGs so I know how many thank you's I should say to you. :)

Thank you for the BH guide, I'm sure its pretty rare to see something like that in the present day considering how old the game is. And more importantly, if you are the same Ritchie that contributed so much on GameFAQs, thank you for all your hard work.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:02 am 

Yes, I'm that crazy guy who writes those FAQs that you see on GameFAQs, and there will be more to come. I wrote those FAQs to help those people who were having difficulties playing the games in Japanese. Currently, I'm translating a script dump of "Gokinjo Boukentai" (The Neighborhood Adventure Group or The Neighborhood Expedition) which is a RPG/simulation for Kingmike.

By the way, the English version of "Mystic Ark" has now skyrocketed to the number 1 spot on my contributor list with the most hits (10830). The other English version of SNES games didn't even come close with such hits are "Metal Max Returns" (6879), "Lennus 2" (4690), "Famicom Tantei Club Part" (4552), "Wozz" (4266), and Madou Monogatari (3975). Even though there are no English versions of "Albert Odyssey 1" (4484) and "3x3 Eyes: Seima Kourinden" (4547), those two games are doing well.

What dialogue bank is that Wildbill?

World Map

1st Capital or 1st City or 1st Metropolis
01. Flamy City or Fire City
02. Hellfire Valley or Fire Valley
03. Water City
04. Old Trail or Old Mountain Pass (Path) or Ancient Trail or Ancient Old Mountain Pass (Path)
05. Astral Ruins or Star Relic
06. Tide Town or Tidal Town
07. Whitecap Sea Route
08. Rainy Port
09. Rainy City
10. Sandy Town
11. Quicksand Tower or Sand Tower

2nd Capital or 2nd City or 2nd Metropolis
01. Trade Capital or Trade City
02. Rouge Trail or Rouge Mountain Pass (Path)
03. Sky Castle or Castle in the Sky
04. Rouge Barrier or Rouge Checking Station or Rouge Checkpoint
05. Shield Town
06. Devil's Road
07. Dark Tower
08. Ash Fort
09. Ash Barrier or Ash Checking Station or Ash Checkpoint
10. Sword Town
11. Sword Port
12. Tide Town or Tidal Town
13. Blue Road
14. Rock Fort
15. Oasis
16. Green Village
17. Waterfall Trail or Waterfall Mountain Pass (Path)
18. Floating Road or Levitation Road
19. Sunset Town
20. Sunset Port
21. Village of Ruins or Relic Village

3rd Capital or 3rd City or 3rd Metropolis
01. First Town
02. First Dungeon
03. Fourth Town
04. Fourth Dungeon
05. Second Town
06. Second Dungeon
07. Third Town
08. Third Dungeon
09. Demon's Tower or Tower of Evil Spirits

Here is a link for "Burning Heroes" Japanese website: http://www3.to/bani/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:34 pm 
Site Admin

Ritchie wrote:
Yes, I'm that crazy guy who writes those FAQs that you see on GameFAQs, and there will be more to come. I wrote those FAQs to help those people who were having difficulties playing the games in Japanese. Currently, I'm translating a script dump of "Gokinjo Boukentai" (The Neighborhood Adventure Group or The Neighborhood Expedition) which is a RPG/simulation for Kingmike.

By the way, the English version of "Mystic Ark" has now skyrocketed to the number 1 spot on my contributor list with the most hits (10830). The other English version of SNES games didn't even come close with such hits are "Metal Max Returns" (6879), "Lennus 2" (4690), "Famicom Tantei Club Part" (4552), "Wozz" (4266), and Madou Monogatari (3975). Even though there are no English versions of "Albert Odyssey 1" (4484) and "3x3 Eyes: Seima Kourinden" (4547), those two games are doing well.

That's very heartening to see that some of your biggest hit lists include games we have done or plan to do.

Ritchie wrote:
What dialogue bank is that Wildbill?

Basically, I'm talking about most of the dialogue banks for Burning Heroes that are not menu-related. Recca and LostTemplar have already taken care of those, but noname345 is so busy with his own work (who is doing some of the banks), he has consented to the idea of us seeking another translator to help tackle the basic script dump. It's a big job, but Bongo` already has a package of insertion tools put together. The only holdup getting Burning Heroes English into serious production is those dialogue banks.

The total package numbers 69 banks. Some are quite short, but altogether I'm sure they add up to a story length the size of Lennus-II and other full-sized RPGs we've produced in English. I know you're probably quite busy with KingMike's project, but if you have time to take this on, I'm sure we can get Burning Heroes to shoot up there into your list of top 10 games! A lot of people appear to be very excited about our Burning Heroes translation.

Bank 3 appears to contain the opening dialogue of the Ryu quest. If we had that one in hand, we could at least get started with insertion.

http://www.dynamic-designs.us/burninghe ... lk-003.zip

Many, many thanks for the World Map translations! I'm sure one of our members or friends who is skilled with graphics will make good use of those to convert the maps into aids that will assist those playing our Burning Heroes patch someday, using your FAQ, of course!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:21 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
09. Demon's Tower or Tower of Evil Spirits

The official translation is "Evil Spirit Tower". You can find the spc sound track ripped from the game at snesmusic.org. They also have Mystic Ark there too! Burning Heroes is truly an awesome game in my opinion! I'm definitely looking forward to playing it in English. I've only understood a bit of the plot when I played it in Japanese. Darn, I should really find more time to study!
Quote:
01. Flamy City or Fire City

Official name: Flame Capital
Quote:
05. Astral Ruins or Star Relic

Official translation: Stellar Ruins
Quote:
10. Sandy Town

Officially: Desert Town
Quote:
02. Hellfire Valley or Fire Valley

Officially called: Valley of Flames
Quote:
03. Water City

I've mostly seen people in the game refering to it as the "Water Capital".

These are the names I've found people using on the web and in the game. Everything else seems fine to me.

Edit: By official translation, I mean the translation used by most fans in faqs and reviews on the web.

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:44 pm 

Wildbill, I send you an e-mail on Wed 11/18/09 1:37 PM with the attachment of Ptrblk-003trans.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:13 pm 
Site Admin

Ritchie wrote:
Wildbill, I send you an e-mail on Wed 11/18/09 1:37 PM with the attachment of Ptrblk-003trans.

WOW! Fantastic! I've got it in hand. Thanks, Ritchie! Bongo` was asking me about BH just the other day. He has scheduled a few days off, so maybe he can run his first test insertions after I format the block you sent.

I just read your e-mail. I will send you Bank-4 right away. I will also look into the missing Kanji issue you raised. Thanks again!

I know you're really busy, but this will give all of us Burning Hearts fans hopeful hearts to finally get this big project rolling with a bit of visual results. I will post a few early screen shots as soon as we have some.