Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:15 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Wildbill, do you have the Burning Heroes manual?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:35 am 
Site Admin

ultpaladin wrote:
Does this game have a lot of hacking issues that have to be dealt with or is the primary issue only the translation needs? I hope this game doesn't pose as many problems as Mystic Ark. I hope you can find another translator or two, I'm sure this game has a lot of text and Noname345 has his own projects that he is working on too so he must be a very busy person.

He is, as all of us are, but many have a special itch for this game - I included - that I can no longer put on hold. The only way to get things done is to keep moving in a forward direction, not stand still but for so long. Moreover, when (the normally reticent) Bongo` expresses that itch, too, I become even more motivated!

No, the big holdup for significant progress is translation support for the main dialogue. Recca jumped on the misc files in quick-time and (with critical help from LostTemplar) churned them out in nothing flat. We need someone similarly motivated to work on the dialogue files. As for hacking issues, of course we'll have some of those to deal with - always do - but when Bongo` becomes motivated with a game, I worry about them less!

I am also wondering about the status of the title page hack request that Draken posted on another web site.

Anyway, that's what I do partly - fret over every little detail!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:43 am 

If I remember right in the past, DD put up an advertisement for translation help on another site for Aretha 2 and found someone. Maybe you could put up another ad for this game there too since a lot of people have asked for it in the past. Maybe you could also put up requests for help on this topic too. Its too bad Lost Templar hasn't been seen lately.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:53 am 
Site Admin

ultpaladin wrote:
If I remember right in the past, DD put up an advertisement for translation help on another site for Aretha 2 and found someone. Maybe you could put up another ad for this game there too since a lot of people have asked for it in the past. Maybe you could also put up requests for help on this topic too. Its too bad Lost Templar hasn't been seen lately.

He hasn't? Is he "lost" again? (Hee-hee...!) I don't have much time for browsing other sites, but I do have a specific person in mind who may be willing and available right away. Actually, my second thought was to appeal to LostTemplar for his help on at least the beginning of this thing. Yep, I definitely got the itch since Bongo` brought it up, but I don't want to distract him from Slayers menu support until I can completely write the story of the four locations on the first island. I finished polishing the 2nd intro of Slayers tonight. That took a grand total of about 30 minutes. I will put together a lengthy animated video of that intro later so I can get people's feedback on it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:12 am 

Burning Heroes Official Guide Book (81 pages) from a Japanese website.
It includes the WORLD MAP of the 3 capitals,
the 8 characters' english names in the STORIES section, etc.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ts0xst

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:09 pm 
Site Admin

Ritchie wrote:
Burning Heroes Official Guide Book (81 pages) from a Japanese website.
It includes the WORLD MAP of the 3 capitals,
the 8 characters' english names in the STORIES section, etc.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ts0xst

Wow, thanks for the link, Ritchie!

BTW, are you THE Ritchie who has written so many FAQs of Japanese RPGs, including some of our translations here? If so, we really appreciate your work. It has helped us greatly.

Right now, we are looking for more translation support with Burning Heroes. Would you possibly be available to help us do the dialogue banks?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:17 pm 
Site Admin

I have refined the map pages in the guidebook Ritchie told us about into map graphics and data graphics. Here is the download link for the package with the separated maps and map data:

http://www.dynamic-designs.us/burninghe ... d_Data.zip

Here are just the maps of the three worlds in Burning Heroes. Don't they literally cry out for annotations of place names next to the numbers, printed directly on the maps?

World 1

World 2

World 3

Last edited by Wildbill on Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:45 pm 
Site Admin

Awesome, thanks again! They look very interesting. I've always wanted to see the maps for Burning Heroes. I'll try to translate the easier text on World Map 3B (data):

Map 1. Fayaasutotaun (Fire Town / I've also seen it refered to as "Flame Captital" in the game.)
Key 2. Fayaasutodanjiyon (Perhaps this is the Flame Capital...?)
3. Foosutaun (Water Town / Not entirely sure...)
4. Foosutodanjiyon (Water Capital...?)
5. Sekandotaun ("Something" Town / Shield Town maybe?)
6. Sekandonjiyon (Not sure, perhaps the captial of Sekando Town?)
7. Saadotaun (Sword Town?)
8. Saadonjiyon (Sword Capital?)
9. Tenmasau (Why did they write this in Hiragana and not Katakana?)

Well, that's it for now. I'm kind of tired right now since I just came home from work. I think that it would be a good idea to have someone whi is 100% fluent in Japanese to double check it.

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:06 am 
Site Admin

Recca wrote:
Awesome, thanks again! They look very interesting. I've always wanted to see the maps for Burning Heroes. I'll try to translate the easier text on World Map 3B (data):

Map 1. Fayaasutotaun (Fire Town / I've also seen it refered to as "Flame Captital" in the game.)
Key 2. Fayaasutodanjiyon (Perhaps this is the Flame Capital...?)
3. Foosutaun (Water Town / Not entirely sure...)
4. Foosutodanjiyon (Water Capital...?)
5. Sekandotaun ("Something" Town / Shield Town maybe?)
6. Sekandonjiyon (Not sure, perhaps the captial of Sekando Town?)
7. Saadotaun (Sword Town?)
8. Saadonjiyon (Sword Capital?)
9. Tenmasau (Why did they write this in Hiragana and not Katakana?)

Well, that's it for now. I'm kind of tired right now since I just came home from work. I think that it would be a good idea to have someone whi is 100% fluent in Japanese to double check it.

#9 might be Demon Tower.

Last edited by Wildbill on Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:15 am 
Site Admin

There's something which is a bit strange. World map 3 is filled with dungeons. The town names on world map 3B (data) seem to fit better for world map 1... World map 1 and 2 (data) are Kanji heavy which is hard for me to translate. I'll try to take on the bits of Hiragana which appears over some of the Kanji and try to make some sense out of it.

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:20 am 
Site Admin

Recca wrote:
There's something which is a bit strange. World map 3 is filled with dungeons. The town names on world map 3B (data) seem to fit better for world map 1... World map 1 and 2 (data) are Kanji heavy which is hard for me to translate. I'll try to take on the bits of Hiragana which appears over some of the Kanji and try to make some sense out of it.

Check the raw manual and make sure in my naming operation I didn't accidentally switch data with the corresponding map.