Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:33 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Seaman Temple bug, help needed
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:21 am 

Ive experienced a problem while playing that I dont know how to get rid of. I see that people are able to play and finish this game with ease and no bugs whatsoever, so I wanted to ask you if it's possible to solve my problem.

Iam using zsnes and havent used a single save state so far.
And right after defeating the ?Baba? fish in Seaman Temple and rescuing the tribe elder, he gives me the shell and leaves the screen, then my game stuck. I cant move with my characters, I can get in the menu, but there are no characters, just some statistics... Ive tried using dragon wing to warp from the dungeon, but then my characters disappear completely. Tried it three times, still the same result. I would love to finish the game, but I don't have enough time to start over from the scratch.... to face another similar problem would be stressful. So any tips guys? Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Seaman Temple bug, help needed
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:59 am 
Site Admin

This is one of those games that doesn't run well with Zsnes. Try using Snes9x and see if that fixes the problem. If not, maybe Wildbill or someone else here might come up with another solution to your problem. Unfortunately, our lead romhacker Bongo` retired from the scene quite some time ago, so our ability to provide actual bug fixes via patch updates is not likely to happen. I have played this game from start to finish perfectly fine using Snes9x version 1.51 without any bugs encountered. Even though it's a bit outdated, I prefer using both Zsnes and Snes9x (both of them, versions 1.51). The newer versions of Snes9x don't seem to run well on my old computer.

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:48 am 

Hi, TheBelGamer. I played this game again about half a year ago (the Spanish translation made by Semco, as I was curious about how the game's dialogs sound in my own language) and had no problems (although I know it's a problematic game so I kept doing backup saves, minimizing the use of savestates, etc).

I'm really intrigued about this error, as the only one I had was the first time I played it back in 2015, and i was a lot further in the game from where you are (in my case, though, it was due to using savestates. Resuming from where I had last made a normal in-game save erased the problem).

Would you mind sending me your save file (the srm file) so I can try it on my computer? I use snes9x, one of the latest version although not the most newest release. That way I can check if it happens the same to me. I'll give you my mail address on a private message if you don't mind.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:25 am 
Site Admin

There's also some other similar old school style emulator options available if you prefer: The ZMZ emulator which uses the Snes9x core and compatibility along with the Zsnes GUI and FuSoYa's Snes9x and Zsnes custom build emulators. SNESGT is also light on system resources, but it can be a bit glitchy at times on certain computers. Bsnes/Higan are probably the most accurate ones, but are quite taxing on system resources meaning that both of them will run slow on older computers.

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)