Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:31 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Princess Minerva Sanctuary
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:13 am 

MariusB wrote:
This year I guess probably 4 or 5 new RPGs will be finished.

I think 3 or 4 of those could possibly be D-D releases.. *Uses Bill's cat 'o' nine tail and cracks the whip on the Aretha games project leader* HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!

*sylardean runs off and hides in a cupboard*

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:48 am 

Hey, in your FAQ you state "Okay, so I recommend that you level up on this mountain path until ALL your characters are level 15+.. DO NOT enter the cave yet whilst doing this as the monsters in there are all tough and have to be killed in a certain way"

I actually entered the area around level 7 or 8. Getting to 12 was rapid but now levels have slowed to a crawl and now that the ladies are at 13, many battles only give 1 EXP. Are you sure 15 is needed? Is it going to be super hard at 13?

Also, is it just me or is the weapons and armor system super clunky and stores are not helpful? I have no idea who can equip what, even when looking at the "look" function.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:07 am 

DoubleDvideogames wrote:
Hey, in your FAQ you state "Okay, so I recommend that you level up on this mountain path until ALL your characters are level 15+.. DO NOT enter the cave yet whilst doing this as the monsters in there are all tough and have to be killed in a certain way"

I actually entered the area around level 7 or 8. Getting to 12 was rapid but now levels have slowed to a crawl and now that the ladies are at 13, many battles only give 1 EXP. Are you sure 15 is needed? Is it going to be super hard at 13?

Also, is it just me or is the weapons and armor system super clunky and stores are not helpful? I have no idea who can equip what, even when looking at the "look" function.

OMG! thanks for pointing that out.. I was meant to change that little group of text like weeks ago about that cave. I recommend level 15 because the monsters in that cave can't be damaged by melee attacks so you rely on magic.. so levelling up higher outside the cave will ensure you have decent enough magic for inside the cave, but it IS true enough that you can go in there at lower levels and at level 7 or 8 really IS suicide if you battle on the bottom floor even though you can use stuff bought off the guy at the top of the cave to kill them.

I'm not sure why you are only getting +1 exp in battles up on that mountain at level 7 or 8, one thing is for sure.. as soon as your teams are only getting 1exp you should move on, at the top of the page of my guide, Things to remember whilst playing... (3) - it states there that if your team are getting only 1exp then it's time to move on. My guide really takes the grindy(ish) road for this game to make sure battles you have are much easier and that your not underleveled when you come to later areas. So just following rule 3 it's then just left up to you to move on when you feel more comfortable and that you will be safer in battles.

In the 'LOOK' shop menus all the characters are shown on the top-right.. if an item can be equipped they will face you, if the item can't be equipped by someone they will turn around and show you their back.

Anyhows.. hope this helps and you're enjoying the game.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:29 am 

Thanks for the help! I am just about to start chapter 4 at levels 27/28. I am curious, what level would you recommend by the time I hit chapter 5? Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:07 am 
Site Admin

DoubleDvideogames: Best thing to do is build in a new area until most monsters (not necessarily all monsters) are giving you 1 exp, then move on. That is the easy way to tell you're at the proper level. Some monsters in an area may be slightly higher than others and will give more than 1 exp, but when the majority of them are giving 1 exp, it is time to move forward. Glad you are enjoying the game. It does get a little tougher but is still fairly easy.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:52 pm 

taskforce wrote:
DoubleDvideogames: Best thing to do is build in a new area until most monsters (not necessarily all monsters) are giving you 1 exp, then move on. That is the easy way to tell you're at the proper level. Some monsters in an area may be slightly higher than others and will give more than 1 exp, but when the majority of them are giving 1 exp, it is time to move forward. Glad you are enjoying the game. It does get a little tougher but is still fairly easy.

@taskforce - thanks man :)

@DoubleDvg - I agree with taskforce, just do what he recommends and that will certainly steer you on the right path to a relatively easy last boss fight, keep in mind that you will not be able to use your group joint attack on the last boss so your relying more on each person attacking or using magic, so i think the higher the level you are the better chances you have for surviving the last battle.

Spoiler! :

Last edited by SylarDean on Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:36 am 

Finally got around to finishing off that game+ Goddess Shrine place page on the Princess Minerva Sanctuary, all I had left to do was add in the chapter 6 monsters/bosses on there but it seems for some reason.. as I was looking through the chapter guide pages I noticed that all the boss battle pictures have changed >.< so for my day off from college I now have to replay through PM to get screenshots of all what has been changed, stupid Weebly, dunno why the hell that's happened.

NOT happy about that !!

Spoiler! :

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:55 am 

My end game stats in PM, before fighting the last 3 bosses. They were all really...easy actually.

I thought Navi Of Dreams was actually the hardest boss in the game because I was super unlucky and in both the first battle that I lost and the second which I was able to win, she KEPT spamming World Change and there is no equipment I could find to protect against that. You could probably grind to higher levels before her. But other than that, the other bosses that came after were cake and I do not think you need to go even to level 45, nevermind 50, as long as you get lucky, are patient and get past Navi. If you want to make a really hard final boss in this game, I would combine Navi's skill set with the last bosses stats and that would be hard. Oh well!

Decent game overall.

Attachments:
File comment: End game stats
end game stats.jpg
end game stats.jpg [ 88.04 KiB | Viewed 16935 times ]
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:08 am 

yeah.. I think I was around level 44 on Minerva's team at my first playthrough so I certainly think the lower end of the 40's is about right to finishing the game, it's just the case of making sure you have enough TP, SP, and MP that you dont run out of skills to use.. unless your just gonna spam FIGHT all through them.

I totally agree with you as far as bosses go.. NAVI was a cow with her spam World Change with me also, all the other bosses were easy, and what a joke Dynastar was. I think the game producers were maybe trying to show that PM and her girls had gotten a lot stronger by making the bosses weaker at the end.. maybe? I actually found it a little underwhelming the last couple of boss fights to be honest.

Spoiler! :

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:34 pm 
Site Admin

Let's just be honest, the ending overall was a letdown on all levels :) Eien ni Hen also thought the ending was a letdown as well. All in all, it was still a fun game none the less.