Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:02 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Princess Minerva moves forward once again!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:20 am 
Site Admin

Hello fans, I finally have good news for you. Today, Wildbill finally found some time and got his work on Princess Minerva squared away and has once again returned it back to me. Once I've taken a few weeks to give it a final check and make sure everything is good, we'll be ready to enter beta. I'm hoping for a Christmas release but will make no promises. For those that I've contacted about doing beta, if you're still interested, please send me a PM on the board. For those that I haven't contacted about beta, you can politely ask to join it in this thread. If I don't call on you, please understand that I only need a few individuals and it isn't personal. If you are interested, make SURE you have the time to devote to this. You will need enough time (say 40-50 hours) to finish in about a months time. And make SURE you are motivated to return reports about anything you happen to find. It isn't just so you can play the game before anyone else, your job is to help us make the game as good as we can make it before release.

ImageImageImage

Post subject: Re: Princess Minerva moves forward once again!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:10 pm 

It's great things are moving along for these projects! Now that my work schedule has been less busier with four-five days a week off to focus on other things, I'd be happy to help as a tester if needed. My japanese isn't that great though so if you're looking for testers who know the language well then it's best to pass this job to other folks.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:25 pm 

hausen wrote:
It's great things are moving along for these projects! Now that my work schedule has been less busier with four-five days a week off to focus on other things, I'd be happy to help as a tester if needed. My japanese isn't that great though so if you're looking for testers who know the language well then it's best to pass this job to other folks.

Hi Hausen,

Long time no chat.. I think the translation is already complete, I think by "beta testing" taskforce means.. playing through the game, looking for bugs/issues/translation and spelling errors, potential game breaking stuff etc.. :) I'll be beta testing this also, I can't wait :) though I wont have as much free time throughout the week as i'd like as i'm back in college so YOUR free time will certainly allow to get things done and dusted for a release to the public.

hope your well fella.

SylarDean

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:58 am 
Site Admin

Yep, just as SylarDean said. You simply play the game and report any errors, typos, missing words or whatever you might see out of place to me via our bug tracking system to get fixed. Pretty simple stuff. I'd be glad to have you on board for beta. It should begin in roughly 2-4 weeks from now. Once I've finished my final checks of the game which I'm working hard at now. So, if you're interested, then welcome to the team, I'll contact you via PM when beta is ready with details of how to get the game to beta and where to report your finds.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:37 pm 

Great, this kinda testing is just up my alley. I've done similar work for other projects many times. Can't wait to get started 8-)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:24 am 

Awesome news! This could be the big SNES RPG translation this year, along with Tengai Makyo Zero. :)

If you still end up needing volunteers for testing, I could give it a go. I tested GoH IV for Nightcrawler and some other games in the past. Hopefully Princess Minerva doesn't have a hundred "bodies" to test, or a huge challenge dungeon at the very end like that game, haha. :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:07 am 
Site Admin

MariusB wrote:
Awesome news! This could be the big SNES RPG translation this year, along with Tengai Makyo Zero. :)

If you still end up needing volunteers for testing, I could give it a go. I tested GoH IV for Nightcrawler and some other games in the past. Hopefully Princess Minerva doesn't have a hundred "bodies" to test, or a huge challenge dungeon at the very end like that game, haha. :)

Sure, I could use the help, and since only SylarDean of my original guys I've asked has responded, I could use one more guy as well if nobody else does. So if anyone else wants on board and can meet the requirements, please ask. I'd like to keep the team to 4 as this game should not be hard to beta test at all. There are no branching paths and only one ending so its a pretty easy beta.

As for progress, I've finalized Chapter 1 and am now working through Chapter 2 of 5. Should still be on a timetable of 2-4 weeks before you guys get to get down to beta on this.

Oh, and I'd like to give you a piece of advice, when you enter a new chapter, visit all the towns before you start actually progressing the story, there is a lot of dialog that changes in these towns as the story progresses and I will need to have those initial dialogs looked over as well as the later stuff. This is especially important in chapters 1 and 2 as there are things in the first town that will make later towns change. My advice, visit the first town last (or just use the inn and church there until you visited all towns you can get to,)

And finally, please do not use cheat codes for beta. I need to know about any abnormalities that might happen in battle and such you might skip with cheat codes.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:23 am 
Site Admin

Just a quick heads up. Everything is coming along great. I'm just about to start chapter 5 of 5. This final play was a definite necessity. I've found and fixed several bugs, issues with text, item names and description issues and other things which should make beta a bit easier for you guys.

I could still use a couple of quality beta testers if you are committed and want in. However, as I've said, don't use it as an excuse to get the game early. I figure I'll be turning it over for beta around Monday if all continues to go well. Hope you guys are ready. :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:31 pm 
Site Admin

taskforce wrote:
I could still use a couple of quality beta testers if you are committed and want in. However, as I've said, don't use it as an excuse to get the game early. I figure I'll be turning it over for beta around Monday if all continues to go well. Hope you guys are ready. :)
Awesome! FYI: I made a Twitter post calling for beta testers and linked to this thread. Don't know if it will pan out, but hoping we get a good beta test in over the next few weeks.

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:27 pm 

Great news! Hopefully someone else drops by here before the beta commences. With 3 or 4 people, two or three weeks should be more than enough to get it polished substantially. I'm sure the same will be true of projects like La Wares in the future. :)