Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:16 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next
Post subject: Re: Status Update
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:49 am 
Site Admin

Yay! Great to hear that the ROM expansion went well. The fonts look great!

BTW: Have you gotten to the stuff with the
Spoiler! :
old lady(s?) at the hot springs?
I'm hoping that all makes sense in-game.

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:57 am 
Site Admin

Thanks Filler!

As to your spoiler, I read through your work (and played through it in Japanese), and it's looking pretty spot-on! This game certainly does not shy away from being a little perverted at times (heck! you should read all the lines of dialogue for when you speak with a nurse in the game! I'm sure you can imagine... "Helllllooooooo nurse!")

Also, I get the feeling I'm going to have a few more text blocks for you soon from the games cut scenes. I think they'll be dumped soon.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:27 pm 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:
Thanks Filler!

As to your spoiler, I read through your work (and played through it in Japanese), and it's looking pretty spot-on! This game certainly does not shy away from being a little perverted at times (heck! you should read all the lines of dialogue for when you speak with a nurse in the game! I'm sure you can imagine... "Helllllooooooo nurse!")

Also, I get the feeling I'm going to have a few more text blocks for you soon from the games cut scenes. I think they'll be dumped soon.

It would be nice if those cut scenes where in some particular order that I could just rip them all out. But Nooooo! This game likes to keep you all confused and stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:29 pm 
Site Admin

Have we come to an agreement on the title and intro text translations? I would like to get that all finalized as well as the "Game over" text at the end, so that we can ask TF to draw us up some thing for an insert.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:36 am 
Site Admin

So, how goes lately?

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:04 am 
Site Admin

@Filler: Hey! Progress continues! Same old editing and bug squashing! This game is so huge that I wouldn't expect it to be finished any time soon, sadly. I'm happy to say, though, that with Bongo`'s help, things are starting to look a lot more polished.

@Bongo`: To reply to your previous comment, if you check the graphics post on the tracker, you'll see many of the final text selections from the "Description" section.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:34 am 
Site Admin

It is huge. :D

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:58 pm 

The game's super interesting, I've played several hours into the japanese version. Pacing in the beginning could've been better but starts picking up right as you get more party members. Godspeed on the translation 8-)

By the way, did you choose to incorporate any changes they made in the PSX remake GOD Pure into your translation? It seems the script is more elaborate and expanded in that version. Naturally scenes cannot be added or extended for the SNES but should the remake contain better lines or explanations, would you change to reflect those in your translation, even if the end result would be much different than the creators originally envisioned for the SNES game? Or are you trying to remain faithful to the SNES version's script as a rule?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:30 am 
Site Admin

Hi Hausen! Right now, we are working solely with the SNES script. Melonseller, who was initially translating the PSX script before he came on board to help with the SNES project, told me that there were definitely small differences between the two games' text (a bit more dialogue here and there), but that it was overall the same game (text-wise of course). Going through and adding things from the PSX game would be possible in some cases, but it would require yet another mass translation effort to catch all instances, which would chew up too much time and resources, I'm afraid to say. In addition, we have already had to expand the ROM to make room for all of our work, so I'm not certain it would even be possible to cram all the extra text goodness into the game.

I will tell you that this game will NOT be a 100% Japanese to English translation as it would be nearly impossible to do so (due to the way numerous NPCs speak English using Japanese accents, etc.). The game incorporates SO MANY puns that really forced me to do a lot research and come up with fun English alternatives. Also, the dialogue between the party members can be SO VERY dry and boring at times. (Example: Gen: Hi! Heath: Oh!? Mina: What is it? Heath: Huh? etc. etc. etc.) I was given permission by Melonseller (and hopefully by Filler) to write much better dialogue. Note, that this does NOT mean I am changing the entire dialogue to make it suit what I want it to say, rather I am writing in something to better convey the intent that is already in the game.

Work continues on the game (just put in another 1.5 hours), so stay tuned, and feel free to ask more questions!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:18 pm 

I'm kinda curious. For someone going in completely blind, what all can be said about the gameplay and story, without spoilers? A lot of games that have been fan translated, I'm only just now discovering, so I'm really curious to know as much as I can.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next