Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:51 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next
Post subject: Re: Status Update
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:28 am 

The manual is the longest of its sort that I've come upon yet, at 48 pages.

Notably there's a story synopsis on pages 6-7, character illustrations on pages 8-9, and a world map on pages 10-11. Game functions appear to be explained very thoroughly in this manual, perhaps it'll be helpful to you. The credits page at 40-41 is also striking.

A beautiful work to be sure. Makes one that more eager to play the game!

There's also a strategy guide published for this game, but that I don't have, not yet atleast :mrgreen:

Attachments:
GOD Manual.pdf [8.4 MiB]
Downloaded 852 times
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:42 am 
Site Admin

Wow! Many, many thanks! I'll get it hosted up here on the site eventually (with your permission of course).

One thing I spotted right off the bat was the alternative spellings for Heath and Basile (In the manual as Heith and Bajile)... At first, I thought, 'Oh! So these are the proper English spellings.' But then I saw the misspelling for "Weapon" (as "Wepon"), so I'm not so sure about "Heith" and "Bajile" ;)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:37 am 

Of course, feel free to host it!

I wouldn't trust their engrishzations too much and go with what feels the best, especially if it means not having to replace all instances of their names already inserted... ;)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:44 am 
Site Admin

How goes the editing?

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:43 am 
Site Admin

Hey Filler! I started pushing really hard to get back into the game a few months ago. I wanted to play through the game and edit (maybe for the last time or second last), all the while sending off bug reports to Bongo`. However, things came to a standstill here at D-D- as Bongo` has been out of commission. Instead of allowing the number of bug reports to get insanely high, i decided to take a break so that he could catch up when he got back. Unfortunately, this means that not much work has been done since you turned in all the great translations you did. The good news, however, is that just today I saw on our bug tracker that Bongo` is back in action. He's addressing the final two bugs with Xak first, and I'm sure that afterwards, he'll turn his attention back to GOD. Once he's tackled the little pile of GOD work I've sent him, then I'll continue on the game :)

BTW, have you ever played much into GOD? Like to the part where Gen...
Spoiler! :
wakes up after the apocalypse?
Just curious because there is a part of the script that I'm not sure about. When Gen...
Spoiler! :
wakes up, is he waking from a coma that he's been in since the aliens attacked? Or is he waking and remembering what happened in the past?
The original translations were very vague, and I've read information on the internet that conflicts with what I've put in place. Let me know if you need an SRM or anything.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:56 am 
Site Admin

I haven't really played the game at all except the intro. However I was under the impression that

Spoiler! :
He'd been in a coma or out of commission in some way and only just woke up to find himself 10 years older, and the world at war with aliens. There seem to be references to such throughout the script.

EDIT: Glad to hear that Bongo` seems to be back. We may be back to a fully functioning staff of members here at this rate. :D

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:09 am 
Site Admin

filler wrote:
EDIT: Glad to hear that Bongo` seems to be back. We may be back to a fully functioning staff of members here at this rate. :D

I know! I'm super-excited to have both WildBill and Bongo` active again! :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:04 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, this game is nice, and being that I have played the game up to a town or two, from the sounds of it, there will be an interesting plot to be experienced! Must get on this one as soon as possible because the text, and its size is the major issue with this one.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:55 am 
Site Admin

Bongo` wrote:
Yeah, this game is nice, and being that I have played the game up to a town or two, from the sounds of it, there will be an interesting plot to be experienced! Must get on this one as soon as possible because the text, and its size is the major issue with this one.
The size of the script? It's big so I wouldn't be surprised. :P

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:13 am 
Site Admin

Hey all! Just want to share the good news in a little update! Bongo` has expanded the rom allowing for much more space and ensuring that nothing in this massive script needs to be bastardized. Every single file (save one) is now totally inserting without any issues! This will greatly speed things along as I won't have to spend as much of time trying to think of clever ways to shorten things.

At the same time, Taskforce has drawn up some beautiful new fonts for the game. He has spent hours and hours of his time making up from scratch, so we hope you really enjoy them! Here are a few samples for your viewing pleasure:

Image Image

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next