Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:30 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: What are we to do with these translations?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:05 am 
Site Admin

We have games that are translated, but they aren't moving. I have atleast two or three completely hacked games with no translation support, and I'm not sure they will ever be translated. Even if they were, I doubt we have the resources to complete the games in our current state.

Post subject: Re: What are we to do with these translations?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:26 am 
Site Admin

Yeah, we definitely have slowed down... A LOT. I keep hearing about a certain someone who's in charge of several projects coming back, but I've been hearing this for quite some time now... I'm assuming these are the projects you are referring to Bongo`(?) If you're reading this, WB, please let us know what's going on.

What are the untranslated games you've got on the back-burner? Have you tried reaching out to any potential translators? I can't imagine that having several "stalled" projects helps with attracting new people to help translate those scripts.

I believe you know that status of Xak (almost done), and G.O.D. is STILL awaiting a fully translated script. Filler sent me a message back in early October that he was working on it again, but that was the last time it was brought up. Once the full translation comes in, I've still got a HELL of a lot of work to do on that game. I'd be happy to move on to another game once G.O.D.'s done.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:24 pm 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:
Yeah, we definitely have slowed down... A LOT. I keep hearing about a certain someone who's in charge of several projects coming back, but I've been hearing this for quite some time now... I'm assuming these are the projects you are referring to Bongo`(?) If you're reading this, WB, please let us know what's going on.

What are the untranslated games you've got on the back-burner? Have you tried reaching out to any potential translators? I can't imagine that having several "stalled" projects helps with attracting new people to help translate those scripts.

I believe you know that status of Xak (almost done), and G.O.D. is STILL awaiting a fully translated script. Filler sent me a message back in early October that he was working on it again, but that was the last time it was brought up. Once the full translation comes in, I've still got a HELL of a lot of work to do on that game. I'd be happy to move on to another game once G.O.D.'s done.

The games we have that could be released would be a nice start, but we all know what WB is going through now. I really don't see a need to rush things along. I get bored easily and need a little action every once in a while. Xak has helped with that. I almost feel as if my skills will fade. :) As for the games I already have hacked, I would like them translated, but we already have a lot of games that aren't out the door yet. :( No need having other games translated with nowhere to put them. That is why I have not asked any one for help. :)

Benkei Gaiden: This game turned out to be pretty damn cool. A traditional RPG that is well done, code-wise. The battles are nicely done, and the game engine has some features that caught my attention. I like how they coded the game for the most part.
Attachment:
File comment: Benkei images. Title hack, Character select, Status, and Battle screens
Benkei.png
Benkei.png [ 40.32 KiB | Viewed 33059 times ]

Power of the Hired: This game is a classic strategy game. I have yet to see any town exploration. I believe this is an all battle type game; very similar to how Galaxy Robo is. Seems to be a nice game.
Attachment:
File comment: Power of the Hired images. Title ( not hacked ), Name screen ( incomplete ), Mission Objectives, and Enemy info.
Power.png
Power.png [ 84.98 KiB | Viewed 33059 times ]

Shiki Eiyuuden
: This game is a traditional RPG that I noticed a while ago. The town exploration was one of the slowest walking games I have ever seen. I had to fix that immediately! I did a few other speed ups in the game that I hope players will appreciate.
Attachment:
File comment: Shiki Eiyuuden images. Status menu, Battle menu, Main menu, and Item menu.
Shiki.png
Shiki.png [ 45.67 KiB | Viewed 33059 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:21 pm 
Site Admin

I'm down for taking a look at "Power of the Hired". You say it reminds you of Galaxy Robo, and I had a lot of fun working on that title :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:34 pm 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:
I'm down for taking a look at "Power of the Hired". You say it reminds you of Galaxy Robo, and I had a lot of fun working on that title :)

Translation support will surely be needed for at least the main 18 files.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:15 pm 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:
Filler sent me a message back in early October that he was working on it again, but that was the last time it was brought up. Once the full translation comes in, I've still got a HELL of a lot of work to do on that game. I'd be happy to move on to another game once G.O.D.'s done.
Yeah, I got bogged down editing what I'd done and checking the other translator's work. If you don't mind it not being spell-checked and fully edited I can send along the current work.

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:17 pm 
Site Admin

BTW, how big is the script for Power of the Hired?

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:35 pm 
Site Admin

filler wrote:
BTW, how big is the script for Power of the Hired?

The game has 18 scenarios. Using RAW character data in all files ( control codes, dual byte kana, etc ), 18 files come out to 137 KB in RAW file size. I actually translated most of the Misc text files.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:49 am 

:O well.. being the fact I don't like tactical/strategy rpgs MY choice would be Benki, it looks really fun. Realistically, I guess it'd be better to get a few tactical rpg games out as there's not that many in English for the Snes released.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:41 am 
Site Admin

@Filler - You don't need to worry too much about spelling/editing on G.O.D. That's why I'm here! ;) The scrips that I have for that game have already gone through heavy editing with the permission of Melonseller, so don't feel like things need to be perfect. If you think you've got the translations pretty accurate, then I say send them over!! (/me says, but then remembers FFXV coming next week... Oh, no! Where will I find the time!! ARGH!!)