Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:33 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: This and its predecessor are the greatest games of all t
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:09 am 

When it came to SNES PSP emulators, I was always so confused as to which one to use. I've tested out so many and I'd easily go with snes9xTYL, but...here's something which I can never get my head around.

I have "Snes9xTYL 0.4.2ME" on my PSP, that's what I've been using for about a year now. It's a version made on 27/11/2009.
I actually lost my card that had the emulator, so I just quickly searched the exact name of it and downloaded the same build, but it just wasn't ever as good as the one I had (I tested tens of different versions of that specific emulator). I eventually found it again, but not online, I just found the card (hidden under the monitor for some odd reason).

Anyway...what confuses me is that I've played Tales of Phantasia, Final Fantasy 6 and even Terranigma on the emulator without any problems or hardly any slowdown, yet it runs okay with pretty heavy slowdown on the same build just downloaded elsewhere (even with really optimised settings). I don't get it, they should be the same!

Out of every single SNES emulator I've tested, the one on my PSP runs the best, yet...I can't actually find it online anymore (maybe I'm just terrible at searching for it, or maybe I've been searching the wrong one...). I'd upload it if anyone is interested. :lol:

Ah. Sorry, what I posted isn't really relevent to the topic. :?

Backloggery :: Youtube

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:09 am 

Wildbill wrote:
Amon_Re, do you recommend executing the CIPL flasher that makes the patch permanent?

I didn't flash the unit permanently since it's still under warranty. Also, the effort needed to activate the patch after a power-down is minimal so I don't see much gain at the moment.

PS: If you like handheld gaming and are into emulation, you might want to check out the GPH Caanoo, it runs quite a few emulators as well (and doesn't require hacking). Also, once they get their production issue's ironed out, the Open Pandora looks like something useful ;)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:35 am 

I'm gonna get for myself a PSP and I'll definitely take a good emu that can runs DoaE real well.

To Zetshiro : Which game did your avatar character appear in ?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:06 am 

Wayne wrote:
To Zetshiro : Which game did your avatar character appear in ?

He's Vayne Aurelius! The protagonist from a PS2 game called Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis, which is one of my most favourite games of all time, as well as having some of my favourite characters. :D

Backloggery :: Youtube