Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Odysselya(-I) Alpha V0.99 Passed to Taskforce
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:16 pm 
Site Admin

Generally, I dislike bans. I believe in free speech. However, when a person who is occasionally negative intentionally and egregiously disrupts the fun by presuming to dictate how we construct a story, it's probably (as a last resort) appropriate for the greater good. Still, if someone attacks another's output and sways any number of people not to try a patch, that's no skin off my nose.

Personally, I don't care if a single person outside our folks who participate here ever plays anything I helped construct. I don't do this for the purpose of garnering anyone's definition of outside acclaim. I will admit that I do strive to gain the support of my teammates, and I always read the words of someone who extends a positive compliment. Those and the silent ones from anywhere who enjoyed our English version are the only players who matter to me.

I think it's important that boards have one level-headed webmaster who performs the moderation task fairly. Once that person makes a decision, it's incumbent on the rest of us to trust and support his decision unequivocally. I know the story of a very negative individual who is about to be removed from a fairly high level position in a major company. That position may soon be filled by someone very close to me. I have told the prospective new hire that if and when he takes the job to learn from what he hears upon arrival and to quickly clean up whatever damage the former manager caused to the department.

Some people are just their own worst enemy, and they go through life never realizing that.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:58 am 
Site Admin

Well, lo and behold. I'm very deep into my 2nd pass with this game. I approached the scenario containing the last two crash points that I encountered while writing the game.

And yes, I just completed that entire dungeon without any problems. This means that no known crash points exist anymore (that I know of) until the very final ending credits. Now, if only we can fix some of the most important remaining menus.

Edit: The one small exception (that I forgot) to what I stated above (other than the finale of the ending credits) is one avoidable "healing fountain" crash in Chapter I (Ice Age). I just completed Chapter VII of XIV (halfway point of second pass).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:10 am 
Site Admin

Wildbill wrote:
And yes, I just completed that entire dungeon without any problems. This means that no known crash points exist anymore (that I know of) until the very final ending credits. Now, if only we can fix some of the most important remaining menus.
I've just sent a private message to a romhacker at RHDN named RodMerida who specializes in bug fixes to see if he could help us out with these last few remaining bugs. Like us and DDS Translations, he's also been unfairly targeted by the many snowflakes and trolls over at RHDN. This time, over something as trivial as having a splash page featured in his Dragon Quest I+II bug fix patch. Not only did they harass him about it, but some also resorted to throwing insults for no reason. I honestly don't know what's wrong with these types of people. Here's the links to where the bulk of these conversations took place:

https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=32909.0
https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=32875.0

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:54 pm 
Site Admin

Recca wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
I've just sent a private message to a romhacker at RHDN named RodMerida who specializes in bug fixes to see if he could help us out with these last few remaining bugs. Like us and DDS Translations, he's also been unfairly targeted by the many snowflakes and trolls over at RHDN. This time, over something as trivial as having a splash page featured in his Dragon Quest I+II bug fix patch. Not only did they harass him about it, but some also resorted to throwing insults for no reason. I honestly don't know what's wrong with these types of people. Here's the links to where the bulk of these conversations took place:

https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=32909.0
https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=32875.0
What would make our English port almost perfect would be fixing the shop menu commands and Orb Magic manipulations deep inside the menu page selections that we use away from shops. I may have encountered another healing fountain bug in Chapter 14 in the final adversary's castle. The position was to the right middle of the main lobby, deep inside that labyrinth of dark hidden passages. If you go searching for it, just save each time you pick up a treasure or whatever. It would be good to pinpoint it for players. So, if we could fix the healing fountain bug in Chapter 1 inside the east entrance of Pot's Cave, It would probably solve the Asula Castle healing fountain bug in Chapter 14 and any others I may have never discovered. This game is loaded with hidden places and items.

As for that other matter you revisited, I recall in the early times of doing this, late 90s, we always had a few of negative, disagreeable people around, those who invariably sounded a discordant note over virtually everything. The toxic types of today are a whole quantum leap more egregious in their possessed opposition to anything they target because that is the way of life they have adopted and the type of person they have chosen to be.

The worst part of this is the frustration of insecure people who allow such villains to suck the fun out of virtually everything. The people that allow this to happen to them become as miserable as the wretches who spread the poison. The solution for some of us is to simply detach from the places those toxic types inhabit, but this is not so easy for many younger folks who still have several rites of passage to traverse through shark-infested waters, figuratively.

High schools, for example can be the most oppressive venues in the United States. My two sons bumped around a little, but I stayed on top of things with them until one served a hitch in the Marine Corps, earned a college degree, and rose to senior manager in a good company. The younger son wanted to become a musician. Today, he is conservatory-trained and tenured with a major symphony orchestra.

People who work hard to achieve goals, raise children, and advance in their careers don't have the time and energy to try to ruin the world for everyone else. We will put a hobby product out in the best form we are able to achieve and go forward with the knowledge that you and I were the first two persons on Planet Earth to beat Odysselya-I in English!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:11 pm 
Site Admin

Update: The major crashes are fixed. We have identified three additional crashes, but these are either avoidable or do not impinge on gameplay. Recca will do the first test run. Depending on what he finds, we will either go with the earlier discussed plan for additional testing or release. A few small dialogues in the story were not dumped, as well as the intro and a number of menu labels. These did not impede us from understanding the story or menu options, but we are still looking into them. If we cannot load the intro into the English patch, we will publish a translation of it in the readme.txt.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:15 pm 

Just wanted to stop by and thank you guys for your hard work and hours upon hours of fun I had thanks to your translations. Really looking forward to both Sacred Age Odysselya games and any other thing you guys are working on.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:09 pm 
Site Admin

Darth Link X wrote:
Just wanted to stop by and thank you guys for your hard work and hours upon hours of fun I had thanks to your translations. Really looking forward to both Sacred Age Odysselya games and any other thing you guys are working on.
You are very welcome.Thank you for dropping by! Right now, I am making a few adjustments in both games to standardize names and such. Both games are playable. We are just trying to tune up a few final details.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:41 pm 

really look forward to this. I have assisted with translating games and manga from english to spanish myself so I understand how tedious it can be. I have also beta tested for the Metal Max translations in the past and most recently 3 for the DS so if you need another eye I would be glad to give it a whirl.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:37 pm 
Site Admin

tobasoft wrote:
really look forward to this. I have assisted with translating games and manga from english to spanish myself so I understand how tedious it can be. I have also beta tested for the Metal Max translations in the past and most recently 3 for the DS so if you need another eye I would be glad to give it a whirl.
I will certainly write you on my short list. We haven't decided whether to expand testing yet. After Recca finishes with it, we may put out an incomplete beta if we can't flesh out the menus completely. Thanks for offering and dropping by.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:49 pm 

I'm up for beta testing later this year when I have a few weeks off too if you need an extra pair of eyes. I helped with Slayers and Shell Monster Stories in the past.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons