Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: "Sacred Age Odysselya-II" Work Resumes
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:16 pm 
Site Admin

Image Image

Current status may be found at the link below.

http://dynamic-designs.us/odysselya2.shtml

Post subject: Re: "Sacred Age Odysselya-II" Work Resumes
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:57 am 
Site Admin

I really did enjoy beta testing this one, so thanks again for the opportunity Wildbill! The gameplay and various other elements used in this game felt like a cross between Rudra no Hihou's split chapters and Lufia II's familiar/NPC ally system. There's only a few floor/tile based puzzles in this one, so there's no need to worry for anyone that was overwhelmed by the ones in Shiki Eiyuuden. I won't spoil any details pertaining to the story line, but I will just say that it is indeed very good and also based largely on actual world history (mixed with a bit of fantasy as well). Along with the story and gameplay, the characters, graphics and music were also very nice, along with a "dynamically designed" script, so you can all look forward to that when it's released. ;)

Edit: I just realized something a bit disturbing in the story line that wasn't really resolved. For everyone else reading this, please avoid the following segment below if you don't want any spoilers.

Spoiler! :
If I remember correctly, that Solo guy who teamed up briefly with Ilia in Story III also seemed to have some feelings for her that he never quite revealed. Seeing her being dragged away by that cyclops Tug into a dimensional time portal and then disappearing forever from his life is a bit too much for a young lad such as him to handle. I mean, I know that she ends up with Argo which is nice, but jeez... How about some closure at least that she's safe for the poor guy! The same goes for Argo's friends in his timeline as well. I hope that they can at least visit them all some time. And is Ilia really stuck in the Netherworld forever? Sure they can visit her which again is nice and everything, but just the idea of always being there is quite sad. I didn't even stop to think just how bittersweet this game was after I first beat it. I was simply in "beta test" mode, looking for bugs and errors. And what becomes of Lara exactly? Does she remain with the Ground Guardians or with Tark? Or does she go back to her own original time line alone? There's just so many unanswered questions with this game... And that's not even mentioning the ill fate that befell Marc's two precious companions at the very end of his story! Did that corrupt bishop get away unpunished? I certainly hope not...

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:53 am 
Site Admin

tcaud wrote:
Doesn't SAO I come first in the story? Might be a good idea to wait until that game is done and then release II at the same time.

I'm going to be straight here because we want to be totally transparent. The problem with that is we don't have a translator for SAO1. That means there is no guarantees that one will ever be finished. We've been looking but no takers. Wildbill is going to give it another go later but it is a MUCH harder game for a novice translator to take on compared to the second. The plan was to wait until it was done but with the status of the group at this time, we're just going to put two out there and those that want to play it can. Those that don't want to play it before the first can wait and hope we (or if we can't someone) gets the first one released at some point. We don't want to abandon SAO1 and that definitely isn't the plan, but it is also true that we have issues that we may not be able to overcome at this time.

Oni II is also a direct sequel (separated by a lot more time though) so it won't be too much worse than playing it out of order (or never playing 1 at all) as we have no plans to do Oni I.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:21 pm 

Thanks.