Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:26 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: There!!
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 3:12 pm 
Site Admin

Recca wrote:
Sadly, this seems to be true with just about every hobby and passion on the internet these days. There's always some group of complete utter losers (especially online) who seem to exist only for the sole purpose of attempting to sabotage and destroy other people's creative hobbies and interests. These can either be easily triggered and offended liberal snowflakes or simply moronic trolls that have absolutely nothing better to do in their spare time. Many sites such as Gamefaqs, ResetEra and RHDN (quite ironically) have many users which purposely try to bring down translation/romhacking groups and projects because of their narrow minded left-wing political views via the modern phenomenon known as "cancel culture" which unfortunately seems to be the "new normal" these days.
It helps to get things off one's chest occasionally.

Just to reinforce a bit of perspective, I scanned a few of your linked threads. The one recurring theme I've noted over the years by a handful of players is something to the effect: "When I play an RPG, I don't want any brushes with modern reality." Then, I've read extensive lists of rules and regulations that random players want to set down and basically dictate how people engaged in the translation hobby should write English patches. This has always bewildered me, that a few people would waste considerable precious leisure time talking and writing about games instead of playing games.

In a nutshell, my position has always been the same. If a player encounters a localization theme or approach I've taken in writing a story for a patch I've helped construct, and he and she becomes highly upset concerning the subject matter, he or she is free to set the work aside and move on to something else. On the other hand, I will discuss any work we've done with anyone if the discourse remains congenial throughout. End of story.

Speaking of controversial themes, regarding Odysselya-I, even a Japanese website advises this game can become quite randy in spots. Ha, I've seen a fair number of them already, and it's true! In a way, I like these scenes because people are people, and real folks have many sides, some checkered! Thus, I have left these in.

A bit of sexual innuendo and slightly more explicit imagery sprinkled into any story burns the cardboard out of characters. Even various machine softwares spit out highly profane words that we never use in our translations. I softened those considerably but kept the meanings clear. The most hilarious scene (so far) takes place with Cyrus-II (the Great), Emperor of Persia - 550 B. C. The aftermath is a bit ambiguous as to what actually happens (off camera - so to speak), and that's the beauty of it. Let the player's imagination run wild!

So, with these thoughts in mind, happy gaming, Recca!

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 11:07 am 

Recca wrote:
Sadly, this seems to be true with just about every hobby and passion on the internet these days. There's always some group of complete utter losers (especially online) who seem to exist only for the sole purpose of attempting to sabotage and destroy other people's creative hobbies and interests. These can either be easily triggered and offended liberal snowflakes or simply moronic trolls that have absolutely nothing better to do in their spare time. Many sites such as Gamefaqs, ResetEra and RHDN (quite ironically) have many users which purposely try to bring down translation/romhacking groups and projects because of their narrow minded left-wing political views via the modern phenomenon known as "cancel culture" which unfortunately seems to be the "new normal" these days.

But anyway, I seem to have gotten quite off topic already to say the least... So Sherkel, are you planning on releasing a full playthrough of the complete game or just a sample video of the intro and opening gameplay? Regardless, good work so far and thanks for the feedback once again as always!
I'm not too keen on assigning virtues and vices to particular political factions as I don't see them as intersecting. That said, I've never seen someone called out for being "too left", so I get where you're coming from with some of that. There are multiple such sites and groups I've begrudgingly chosen to avoid because a good crowd is more important than a common interest. To you all's credit, I'm instantly much more comfortable with someone who's made enemies, intentionally or not.

The video was mostly an experiment. I've never made one like that before, but since this game deserves as much coverage as it can get I decided to gopher it and see how it went. Also, I'm uneasy about how high my voice is, so all the more reason to put it out there. Covering later parts of the game would certainly be good toward the goal of advertising it, and toward reliving the most memorable scenes (still waiting on that script, Wildbill!) I'm burnt out on it currently, though, I gotta admit. Whenever I haven't been playing or listening to it, I've been tearing through articles and videos on Chinese history. :)

Oh, and a bit of a gameplay update: levels seem to "naturally cap" (i.e. through playing normally) around 50. A few encounters in the palace give a few hundred EXP, which is minuscule at this level, and the rest only give 1 EXP per enemy. The level 70 dragon is much too tough to use the conventional strategy on, and I'm not sure I want to spend the time figuring out and applying a more robust (and slow) one. But even the level 80 one is possible with such a strategy!

A stamp for your book? Sorry, I don't have one.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 12:48 pm 
Site Admin

Sherkel wrote:
Recca wrote:

But anyway, I seem to have gotten quite off topic already to say the least... So Sherkel, are you planning on releasing a full playthrough of the complete game or just a sample video of the intro and opening gameplay? Regardless, good work so far and thanks for the feedback once again as always!
I'm not too keen on assigning virtues and vices to particular political factions as I don't see them as intersecting. That said, I've never seen someone called out for being "too left", so I get where you're coming from with some of that. There are multiple such sites and groups I've begrudgingly chosen to avoid because a good crowd is more important than a common interest. To you all's credit, I'm instantly much more comfortable with someone who's made enemies, intentionally or not.

The video was mostly an experiment. I've never made one like that before, but since this game deserves as much coverage as it can get I decided to gopher it and see how it went. Also, I'm uneasy about how high my voice is, so all the more reason to put it out there. Covering later parts of the game would certainly be good toward the goal of advertising it, and toward reliving the most memorable scenes (still waiting on that script, Wildbill!) I'm burnt out on it currently, though, I gotta admit. Whenever I haven't been playing or listening to it, I've been tearing through articles and videos on Chinese history. :)

Oh, and a bit of a gameplay update: levels seem to "naturally cap" (i.e. through playing normally) around 50. A few encounters in the palace give a few hundred EXP, which is minuscule at this level, and the rest only give 1 EXP per enemy. The level 70 dragon is much too tough to use the conventional strategy on, and I'm not sure I want to spend the time figuring out and applying a more robust (and slow) one. But even the level 80 one is possible with such a strategy!
Oops, I’m so behind with everything, such as mowing several acres and translation tasks! Part of my family just moved back east after a few years out west, and my daily life has been topsy-turvy ever since.

Send me a PM with an e-mail addy, and I’ll send you a link to the script. I’m a bit burned out with Odysselya-I, myself. Last evening, my wife told me she wanted a new self-cleaning oven, and I got right on it! Normally, I’d bury myself in a game that time of the evening and grunt “Don’t bother mes” just out of her audible range!

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 6:05 am 

Awesome, much thanks! :D (It's about time I cleaned mine, now that you mention it...)

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 8:05 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for the replies. Hopefully, I didn't go too far with that rant. I'm just fed up with constantly seeing these "SJW" types trying to ruin everything that they don't agree with. They apparently can't tell the difference between fiction and reality and are constantly trying to blame everything wrong in society on video games rather than addressing the real issues. It's funny how in the past liberals were the ones campaigning for freedom of free speech and now they're trying to censor the whole entire world. This really does seem like some kind of "new age liberal inquisition" that we're facing these days. Our translation group for instance is constantly being targeted by these types of people.
Urban Dictionary wrote:
Liberal Inquisition
The purging of conservatives and their ideology. Destroy anyone and their opinions that differ from a liberal ideology. Fascism.
We will have a Liberal Inquisition to gather names of conservative people, politicians and businesses that are against our liberal ideology and hold them accountable!

This pretty much sums it up right here. Most places and people on the internet are becoming increasingly irritating these days. For example, you can't post anything at all that is in disagreement with one of these snowflakes. Yet they don't hesitate to constantly harass others and demand that they take down any content or comments that they don't agree with by claiming that they're somehow "offended" by it. This is the reason I gave up on even trying to have a logical conversation or debate with anyone at RHDN.

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 11:57 pm 
Site Admin

Recca wrote:
It's funny how in the past liberals were the ones campaigning for freedom of free speech and now they're trying to censor the whole entire world. This really does seem like some kind of "new age liberal inquisition" that we're facing these days.

Recca, unfortunately that is actually a myth that the left leaning liberal politicians spread that simply isn't true. You would think the liberals of the democratic party (talking US here) were the ones that were all inclusive. However, the KKK was started by a long time democrat. Many democrats staunchly opposed and fought fiercely against civil rights reform (as many as or more than republicans and they fought harder including our current US President.) The only time Democrats actually do get on board with these liberal agendas is when they can use it for political gain. You've seen what they've said of minority voters. They think they're sheeple that are a guaranteed vote and sadly it is unfortantely mostly true. Look at Biden telling the African American population that not voting for him means they aren't black. The border mess is a humanitarian crisis that rivals any major disaster and the liberals ignore it. Liberals have actually been a bigger supporter of doing away with the first amendment than conservatives over all. And this isn't recent. Most of them were perfectly fine with censoring things they didn't agree with. In fact, it was called for publications to do so quite regularly in the 60's for example. The difference was they didn't have the online community to coordinate things and be as globally vocal and as criminally harassing.

Now, I'm not saying liberals bad, all others good. The same thing has happened in all groups. However, the one thing liberal democratic officials actually care about is power. And they'll kiss whatever butt is placed in front of them to get it. They always side with the popular opinion of the time and then pretend they didn't when it goes up in flames. You need look no further than the disproportionate treatment of people who entered the capital as compared to the antifa and BLM rioters over the last year. They're throwing the book at the lot of people who entered the capital. Most of which the only crime they committed was entering the capital (The People's House). None of which had weapons. At the same time, a good portion of those caught Rioting and destroying businesses are let off without so much as a citation. Look at how they've treated the couple who stepped out with guns to defend their home in Missouri when the woman running (at the time) for the US House of Representatives led a mob to break down their gate and cause trouble. That woman has since went on to be elected to the House of Representatives with not one charge brought against her or any of the trespassers--some of which who were armed and brandishing their weapons as well--but the couple were having the book thrown at them by the liberal DA who was removed from the case for proving she had an agenda. Sadly, removing her didn't change anything, one of her underlings took up the cause.

Anyway, enough soap boxing but my point here is, research the democratic party and liberals and you'll find there is a whole heck of a lot more ugliness there than you might at first expect to find. And the majority is anything but inclusive. Now, the democratic party has had its issues and lots of them but it was never quite as insane as it has become since Hillary Clinton lost in 2016. Ever since then the party as a whole is just off the deep end and it won't be improving anytime soon, especially not with the woke vocal minority pushing them along. And just to be clear, I stand in the position that all people are created and should be treated as equals.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 12:05 am 
Site Admin

You're absolutely right about everything. After doing some more research, I too have also found various historical articles about these events as well. It seems that these liberals were acting as the thought police since the very beginning. Not to mention all the hypocritical things they've said and done and continue to do so even today. In the past, they were against abolishing slavery and now they use minorities only for their votes. It's absolutely incredible how these monsters managed to lie to so many people about the real truth.
Carol Swain wrote:
Since its founding in 1829, the Democratic Party has fought against every major civil rights
initiative, and has a long history of discrimination.

The Democratic Party defended slavery, started the Civil War, opposed Reconstruction,
founded the Ku Klux Klan, imposed segregation, perpetrated lynchings, and fought against
the civil rights acts of the 1950s and 1960s.

Sources:
https://assets.ctfassets.net/qnesrjodfi80/6bQdKPLDjyo2s0I8c60gA2/aec7a4feb53cdd469d9c59bc3dd5cc64/swain-the_inconvenient_truth_about_the_democratic_party-transcript.pdf

https://assets.ctfassets.net/qnesrjodfi80/7zgiKTNC8wkGKGig6u2EW2/57a9d2b5c724ca8be38a2e8f0fb51136/swain-the_inconvenient_truth_about_the_republican_party-transcript.pdf

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 2:19 pm 

Well, at least we can say Han Fei would still have a lot of fans today. Personally I prefer the Taoists...

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 6:16 pm 
Site Admin

Sherkel wrote:
Well, at least we can say Han Fei would still have a lot of fans today. Personally I prefer the Taoists...
Legalism influenced every dynasty, as the Confucian concept of rule without laws never gained traction. Anarchy will bring harmony to the world the day the communist state of China “withers away”

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 6:03 am 

Wildbill wrote:
Sherkel wrote:
Legalism influenced every dynasty, as the Confucian concept of rule without laws never gained traction. Anarchy will bring harmony to the world the day the communist state of China “withers away”

I was thinking more along the lines of the rejection of ethics for the sake of securing power by the people being discussed. Functional systems will always have elements in common. Not the best re-rail, ah well. :P