Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:01 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Your version of the rom...
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:51 pm 

Hi. I'm having some problems with patching this game with BPS patch.
The reason why is because it checks for the correct version before patching.

The problem is the version that you guys used (crc BA9C98D3) is very elusive. Can't find it anywhere.
Did you guys used the gooddump version? NSRT says my version is a gooddump with crc 6713835E but the patch don't work...

Post subject: Re: Your version of the rom...
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:00 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, I see that other rom most places, I'll talk to Bongo` and see what he says.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:38 am 
Site Admin

Did you try turning off crc check before patching? I know that some patching programs allow you to do so, but some do not...

On a side note, here's some higan details from RHDN:

Quote:
If anyone wants to get this running on newest Higan, you will need to change the byte at this address:
$7FD5 (Header ROMSPECS)
Using a hex editor, change it from $FC to $20 to make the game run on Higan & older copiers.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:56 am 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:
Did you try turning off crc check before patching? I know that some patching programs allow you to do so, but some do not...

On a side note, here's some higan details from RHDN:

Quote:
If anyone wants to get this running on newest Higan, you will need to change the byte at this address:
$7FD5 (Header ROMSPECS)
Using a hex editor, change it from $FC to $20 to make the game run on Higan & older copiers.

Good call, Draken. I have confirmed that the rom you found does work, try using the IPS since it doesn't do a CRC check or disable crc checking in xdelta and use it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:30 am 

Thanks everyone. IPS does indeed work. :D
My doubt is if it will work 100%.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:18 pm 

I have the exact same dump as yours with the same CRC32 #, piau9000. But I've only been able to run it in both Snes9x and mednafen (with mednaffe frontend). I have never been able to boot it up right in bsnes or higan. Maybe this different CRC number which the team has never tested is the real culprit? Also the NSRT tool says the Revision number is 1.1. Maybe the one the team was using was the older Revision 1.0 version? When I patched the .sfc formatted ROM file with the IPS patch the new CRC # now comes out as 58A9FB4B and expanded to 1.5MB. But the checksum now became bad and even the type had been changed from 'BS' (Meaning the BS-X format) to 'Normal'. Is this proper?
EDIT: Yes, that's right, the team was referencing the Revision 1.0 variant of this game data file when building their patch for it. Perhaps they could create a patch specifically for Revision 1.1 and we could try to run it on bsnes/higan? Oh wait, I cannot run the unpatched Revision 1.1 file on these emus...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:33 pm 

ObiKKa wrote:
I have the exact same dump as yours with the same CRC32 #, piau9000. But I've only been able to run it in both Snes9x and mednafen (with mednaffe frontend). I have never been able to boot it up right in bsnes or higan. Maybe this different CRC number which the team has never tested is the real culprit? Also the NSRT tool says the Revision number is 1.1. Maybe the one the team was using was the older Revision 1.0 version? When I patched the .sfc formatted ROM file with the IPS patch the new CRC # now comes out as 58A9FB4B and expanded to 1.5MB. But the checksum now became bad and even the type had been changed from 'BS' (Meaning the BS-X format) to 'Normal'. Is this proper?
EDIT: Yes, that's right, the team was referencing the Revision 1.0 variant of this game data file when building their patch for it. Perhaps they could create a patch specifically for Revision 1.1 and we could try to run it on bsnes/higan? Oh wait, I cannot run the unpatched Revision 1.1 file on these emus...

Yeah. The unpatched 1.1 version don't run on any emulators (even with the BS-X bios). It shows up as a grey text in snex9x (good dump) but it don't load.
If I patch it with the "IPS" translation it shows as a bad dump (yellow text) but loads fine (wich is normal in almost all translations).
I even managed to play a little bit, but due to the fact of it being a different version I don't know if it's working 100% or not.
Another crazy fact is that the unpatched rom have a different crc if checked in NSRT or Winrar.
In 7z, winrar, etc, it shows as 7B1A2E4D. In NSRT it shows as 6713835E. It's the first time I saw something like this happen. I think this may be something wrong with revision 1.1.

I think the best way is to create a extra patch, using the clean revision 1.1 as a "original unmodified" and the already patched 1.0 version as "new modified".
It can be done in Lunar. I don't know about the others patchers.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:46 pm 
Site Admin

Here is a patch in case you can't find our rom on the net. This will make the standard one on most places in the net match ours before patching.

Golf Fix makes Rom with CRC 6713835E the same as ours

From what I can tell, there is very little info that is different between the two and the patch should work absolutely fine without even using this IPS.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:16 am 

Spoiler! :
taskforce wrote:
Here is a patch in case you can't find our rom on the net. This will make the standard one on most places in the net match ours before patching.

From what I can tell, there is very little info that is different between the two and the patch should work absolutely fine without even using this IPS.

I quickly patched this tiny fix onto a fresh Revision 1.1 .sfc ROM not knowing what had happened next. Then I'd checked in the NSRT tool that it had been changed to Revision 1.0 and a different but 'good' checksum (The same as this one shown at the RHDN page: BA9C98D3). So I thought to then apply the official patch over that newly revised ROM and while I'd gotten a bad checksum like usual this time around (00CE10AC) I did the next steps. I first booted it up in Snes9x just to make sure that it did work. Then I tried bsnes 0.80 and after a brief burst of slow bootup it WORKED! It booted to your team's splash screen though like you said previously that screen was weird (with opaque line-based garbage over it) the game's intro and menu screens were all intact and I got into the game! It is working all fine! Wow! THANKS so much for your help and all of the advice from everybody here!
I've noticed that the menu transitions in bsnes were much more solid and smoother in bsnes than Snex9x and after the bootup the framerate would seem to always stay at a solid 60fps. Now I can really appreciate byuu's 'magic' at work! ;)

Additionally, I have also tried it on higan 0.95 just as a guide. Firstly I had to 'import' the TWICE-patched ROM with the related icarus tool. It worked (unlike with the Revision 1.1 ROM file, whether it's patched or not). And, well, loading the game folder WORKED too! I'm serious! Also it's got the same vertical lines error on DD's splash screen exhibited in bsnes 0.80.

New questions: Would you be able to add that little ROM Revision fix into the zipped file and upload it to RHDN or do they not allow that (re. changing the ROM to work with the official patch or not accepting two files in one archived file)? Will the splash screen's visual error be fixed in an upcoming patch?

Spoiler! :
Attachment:
File comment: higan 0.95 & bsnes 0.80 emulators garbled splash screen
Emulator_BS-Golf_Garbled-Splash_(higan-v095).png
Emulator_BS-Golf_Garbled-Splash_(higan-v095).png [ 461.63 KiB | Viewed 65274 times ]

Attachment:
File comment: higan 0.95 emulator load proof
Emulator_BS-Golf_(higan-v095).png
Emulator_BS-Golf_(higan-v095).png [ 139.83 KiB | Viewed 65274 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:29 pm 

taskforce wrote:

Thank you. :D
It worked fine.