Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:15 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: La Wares translation history
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 10:50 pm 
Site Admin

It might seem kind of strange to bring something like this up years latter after both translations were finished, but I thought that I might as well make use of this section for something. As most of you here already know, this game was first translated into English before I had completed my Romanian translation of it. But then why was my translation released first in 2015 and the English version took until 2018 to finally be released? For those few of you who might be wondering why, then you're in luck as I'll explain the history behind this game's translation into both languages.

Eien ni Hen was the one that translated this game into English back in 2015 with some spot translation support from Filler. Wildbill then passed this along to me to both beta-test and correct any possible mistakes in the script. After finishing both testing and correcting some minor typos in the script, I sent a few bug reports to Bongo` which he then quickly fixed. Two of these bugs that I still remember clearly were those of an NPC lady freezing the game when being talked to in a town and some random glitches that occurred after opening a treasure chest in a dungeon. I believe that there might also have been one that also caused an error of sorts when trying to start a new game after losing on the game over screen (not that I know why anyone would do this anyway).

After everything was finished on my part, Wildbill disappeared for awhile. As we get older, we find ourselves much busier than before, so it's not uncommon for a member of our team to take a leave of absence sometimes. During this time, I asked Bongo` if we should wait for Wildbill or release the translation as is. He said that it was up to me and I then opted to wait for Wildbill's return while I started working on my Romanian translation along with some technical support from Bongo`. After he returned from his absence, Wildbill and Bongo` fixed and finalized the last few remaining bugs and script corrections while I and the other beta-testers gave this game a final playthrough. So that's how my Romanian translation got released back in 2015 and why the English one took until 2018 to be released, despite being technically translated into English first.

If anyone has any questions regarding either translation, feel free to ask here in both English or Romanian. Though, if it's a specific question about the English version or a bug report pertaining to it, then it might be better to ask in the English forum project section instead. Well, I don't know what else to say, so as Wildbill would say, "happy gaming!"

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

Post subject: Re: La Wares translation history
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 11:38 pm 
Site Admin

Recca wrote:
It might seem kind of strange to bring something like this up years latter after both translations were finished, but I thought that I might as well make use of this section for something. As most of you here already know, this game was first translated into English before I had completed my Romanian translation of it. But then why was my translation released first in 2015 and the English version took until 2018 to finally be released? For those few of you who might be wondering why, then you're in luck as I'll explain the history behind this game's translation into both languages.

Eien ni Hen was the one that translated this game into English back in 2015 with some spot translation support from Filler. Wildbill then passed this along to me to both beta-test and correct any possible mistakes in the script. After finishing both testing and correcting some minor typos in the script, I sent a few bug reports to Bongo` which he then quickly fixed. Two of these bugs that I still remember clearly were those of an NPC lady freezing the game when being talked to in a town and some random glitches that occurred after opening a treasure chest in a dungeon. I believe that there might also have been one that also caused an error of sorts when trying to start a new game after losing on the game over screen (not that I know why anyone would do this anyway).

After everything was finished on my part, Wildbill disappeared for awhile. As we get older, we find ourselves much busier than before, so it's not uncommon for a member of our team to take a leave of absence sometimes. During this time, I asked Bongo` if we should wait for Wildbill or release the translation as is. He said that it was up to me and I then opted to wait for Wildbill's return while I started working on my Romanian translation along with some technical support from Bongo`. After he returned from his absence, Wildbill and Bongo` fixed and finalized the last few remaining bugs and script corrections while I and the other beta-testers gave this game a final playthrough. So that's how my Romanian translation got released back in 2015 and why the English one took until 2018 to be released, despite being technically translated into English first.

If anyone has any questions regarding either translation, feel free to ask here in both English or Romanian. Though, if it's a specific question about the English version or a bug report pertaining to it, then it might be better to ask in the English forum project section instead. Well, I don't know what else to say, so as Wildbill would say, "happy gaming!"
Yep, and now I need to get my Odysselya-I package put together and sent to Taskforce so we can try to make that crash-crazy patch a future happy play!