Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:50 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Galaxy Robo Progress Report!
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 8:18 pm 
Site Admin

For now, I will post this update here. Filler, we can all have a dedicated support forum for GR here if you want.

I have finished Chapter 1 (three scenarios) and begun Scenario 4 in Chapter 2. The game appears to have six chapters and 19 scenarios.

Having worked out the battle system finally, I find the game somewhat difficult, but maybe these are just tedious for me at the moment. At any rate, I can tell it will be a good play for SRPG-lovers. It's a nifty little game, and I am enjoying playing it immensely!

I am curious if my warriors will ever visit a town where I can buy healing items. Or, Filler and Draken, am I restricted to support vehicles only for "repairs" (Stock) in the field? Could this menu item be "Repair" if it fits, or even "Maint"?

Just wondering... should the Ancient Robo Warrior "Freet" be Fleet or Freet?

Couldn't find a FAQ or walkthrough for this game anywhere! But I do have a demo of the short intro and first scenario (with battle) in Chapter 1. As with La Wares, this demo is also silent due to the basic PC I'm using right now. Later, I'll do replacement demos with sound support, but this one will introduce the game to those who are curious.

The dialogue may or may not be in final form. BTW, this is an outstanding re-coding job!

Enjoy the silent demo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWJbwsYhJjI

Post subject: Re: Galaxy Robo Progress Report!
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 8:21 pm 
Site Admin

Wildbill, I've moved this topic because Draken wants this project kept as secret as possible until release. Or at least that was the plan the last I knew.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 8:40 pm 
Site Admin

taskforce wrote:
Wildbill, I've moved this topic because Draken wants this project kept as secret as possible until release. Or at least that was the plan the last I knew.

Okay, maybe internal only till they sort it out.

Oh, what about Youtube? The demo's there.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 2:15 am 
Site Admin

FYI: I'm fine with releasing some info on the game including keeping this thread in the public forum and leaving the YouTube video public. In fact, I think a little publicity might get people interested in the game, and be a nice lead up to what should be a fairly quick release at this point. A RHDN news post or some such might be nice.

I haven't played any further than you WB, but I don't believe there are any towns. I think it's strictly mission based.
Quote:
FYI: There is some info here from a fan http://hg101.proboards.com/thread/8049/galaxy-robo

It may be worth considering their take on the names. I did use "Freet" from their post since it fit better than "Fleet" in the context. I did take the liberty of calling the robots "Ancient Robo Fighters" rather than "Ancient Machine Soldiers" since I think it ties back to the game title nicely and has a good ring.

I was wondering about that name myself, but I'm rather fond of "Freet" at this point. I feel like Fleet is more confusing and probably just as odd sounding in the end.

BTW: I checked out the YouTube video. It looks good!

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 2:48 am 
Site Admin

Sorry if I made the topic different. I screwed up moving it and had to recreate it :(

Was it Draken or you Filler that was coordinator, either way I'll announce and give you guys the project pages and ect when whomever is coordinator is ready. I just know Draken told me that he wanted it to be a semi-surprise release. I mean I know there is a little info out there that we're working on it already anyway, either way, whomever is coordinator, please make up my mind :D

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 3:15 am 
Site Admin

filler wrote:
FYI: I'm fine with releasing some info on the game including keeping this thread in the public forum and leaving the YouTube video public. In fact, I think a little publicity might get people interested in the game, and be a nice lead up to what should be a fairly quick release at this point. A RHDN news post or some such might be nice.

I haven't played any further than you WB, but I don't believe there are any towns. I think it's strictly mission based.
Quote:
FYI: There is some info here from a fan http://hg101.proboards.com/thread/8049/galaxy-robo

It may be worth considering their take on the names. I did use "Freet" from their post since it fit better than "Fleet" in the context. I did take the liberty of calling the robots "Ancient Robo Fighters" rather than "Ancient Machine Soldiers" since I think it ties back to the game title nicely and has a good ring.

I was wondering about that name myself, but I'm rather fond of "Freet" at this point. I feel like Fleet is more confusing and probably just as odd sounding in the end.

BTW: I checked out the YouTube video. It looks good!
Okay, Freet it is - even though it reminds me of the sound a little pencil-neck fellow makes when he pinches off a fart! (Pardon me, ladies!)

How about "Maint" or "Repair" for "Stock" with the Cargo vessel menu? When I see "Stock", I'm looking for a soup line or a hatch that leads to a storekeeper, hee-hee...! I wanna buy some mega-potions or something so I can throw a unit at the enemies. As it stands, the safest way to fight is stay bunched up, creep forward, and let the baddies come to you.

Certainly, it's up to you and Draken on the public thing. Sorry if I jumped the gun with what you had in mind, Drake. But TF was all over my post like a mallard on a May beetle! Doubt two people saw it, if that. TF, whatever the team agrees on, but it was a good move on your part. Better safe than sorry.

Hey, this is a nifty game, just as I said. Nothing wrong with it being a little tougher than Feda and Shining Force.

BTW, Recca is about halfway through formatting La Wares. He has a few bug reports. Nothing Bongo` can't iron out, I'm sure. Can send them any time. Recca says he might have it back to me on the weekend, but no rush.

With GR, I'm shooting for one scenario a day on average. This means about three more weeks. Runs me up to my kid's wedding, if something unexpected doesn't bite my behind in the meantime!

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 5:15 am 
Site Admin

Oh, nos, yous guys!! My SuPer SEKREt got out!!>!~!

@TF: I'm the coordinator for this one (as noted in the "Projects on our plate" post.

@WB: I have no problem changing the word "Stock" to something else as long as it fits. Those boxes can't be expanded, so we're a little limited with what we can put in there, though. I was able to get through the game fairly easily, especially when abusing save states. If you run into any super difficulty, then just load up the srms I included in the save folder to bypass that scenario. Edit: Oh, and there are no towns or items, so what you see in the first few areas is indicative of how the rest of the game will play out. It's a very simple system, but that makes it all the easier to work on :)

I'm fine with announcing whenever. We could probably do a big double announcement (GB and LW).

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 5:22 am 
Site Admin

Wildbill wrote:
Okay, Freet it is - even though it reminds me of the sound a little pencil-neck fellow makes when he pinches off a fart! (Pardon me, ladies!)

How about "Maint" or "Repair" for "Stock" with the Cargo vessel menu? When I see "Stock", I'm looking for a soup line or a hatch that leads to a storekeeper, hee-hee...! I wanna buy some mega-potions or something so I can throw a unit at the enemies. As it stands, the safest way to fight is stay bunched up, creep forward, and let the baddies come to you.

Lol. I'd go with "repair". "Fix" or "heal" are possibilities too. Bongo` will probably need to do that though as he ended up making those graphics in the end based on the ones I made initially.

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 5:33 am 
Site Admin

OK, well I'll let the cat out of the bag then, it is suffocating in there after all. Maybe we should switch from plastic, and stop tying it closed :P

*looks around for PETA members*

It was a joke, honest!

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 5:48 am 
Site Admin

I need someone to send me some screens for Galaxy Robo and La Wares.

I'll see if I can find the Japanese rom to pull the background from.