Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:10 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Galaxy Robo Progress Report!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:23 pm 
Site Admin

Great to hear, Princess Minerva is progressing along well from what I hear from Wildbill, and this coming week I'll finally have time to get back to work again.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:33 pm 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:
Quick update! As of today, it looks like ALL bugs in the game have been squashed. I really don't think there will be any more work for Bongo` to do with this game, so that just leaves a few beta testers to finish up (one already has). Fingers crossed for a release sometimes soon!
I'm the one holding this up right now, but I want to finish play testing. I've started up playing it again and I'm on scenario 17. Only a few left to go!

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:50 pm 
Site Admin

It's always good to be patient and wait on beta testers to finish. Filler even found two more bugs/inconsistencies in the past two days that were overlooked. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:28 am 
Site Admin

Just want to add, now that I've finished the game, I really like how portions of the ending dialog were expanded to help explain elements of the plot and character revelations. Really good stuff! I'm going over some of the dialog now and have a question out to Draken.

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:58 pm 
Site Admin

filler wrote:
Just want to add, now that I've finished the game, I really like how portions of the ending dialog were expanded to help explain elements of the plot and character revelations. Really good stuff! I'm going over some of the dialog now and have a question out to Draken.
Resolution can be tricky. The previously "uncomfortable" reader wants to feel vindicated, that the story ended as it "should" even though the players appeared to be set back further and further from their goals as the action proceeded. An author just never wants to go overboard and "preach" to readers during the resolution!

In Minerva's chapters, each episode receives a mini-resolution, but they all tie-in to a much-anticipated comprehensive resolution, and the corps of heroines remains constant as the girls march through several "nations". In Galaxy Robo, even while the story contains chapters, the protagonists swing back and forth to different groupings that occasionally mix and match, but the reader knows early on that the final resolution will involve everyone having a bone to pick with a specific villain. The big remaining questions are potential post-war interactions that turn into momentary suspense! The Japanese author managed these devices of blending characters, scene-switching, and hints of romantic involvements well. GR will be a tidy little package of joy for SRPG fans that also includes a super story.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:40 pm 

Please feel free to remove me from the beta helper list in the splashscreen. I sucked at betatesting this time and seriously apologize for it. :(

I already had a feeling it will get hard because work occupies me like crazy at the moment (even on the weekends) and the tricky difficulty which wasn't beatable with skill but with trying really didn't help for my motivation in my few spare hours.

Sorry for this time folks, I will think about my current RL situation (which is ever changing in the last 6 years xD) more carefully next time I am asked to join a beta test. Chaos Seed was such a great time with you guys I simply couldn't say no.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:55 am 
Site Admin

I made the splashscreen very early on in the beta process and tried to incorporate everyone involved on the project at that time. Even though you might not have completed the game or maybe didn't do a good job (in your opinion), you still did something... Right? Hehe.

Honestly, the work involved in taking your name off would be more of a pain, so if you don't mind being on there, I'm more than happy to keep your name on the list :)