Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sat May 28, 2022 8:35 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
Post subject: Re: Galaxy Robo Progress Report!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:15 pm
Posts: 43
Midnight release immenient!!!!!!!!




hey its a free country....


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Post subject: Re: Galaxy Robo Progress Report!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:09 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:54 pm
Posts: 2340
Location: Virginia
filler wrote:
Never mind. I made it. :P
Spoiler! :
Hardest dad-gum scenario in the entire game, but you'll see a few more toughies! Congratulations!!
How do you like the way Draken and I handled the story since the Algol scene? Finding any typos and such?


Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Post subject: Re: Galaxy Robo Progress Report!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:53 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:43 am
Posts: 742
Wildbill wrote:
filler wrote:
Never mind. I made it. :P
Spoiler! :
Hardest dad-gum scenario in the entire game, but you'll see a few more toughies! Congratulations!!
How do you like the way Draken and I handled the story since the Algol scene? Finding any typos and such?
Excellent! There is a lot of personality and flow. I'm definitely enjoying playing it and experiencing the subtle differences. Doug and Gaddie are coming across a little more straight-laced than I was expecting, but I'm looking forward to seeing how those characters progress.

As for typos and such, mostly missing periods here and there. I did catch that the battle condition screens still said "Shia" and not "Thea". Also we're bringing the letters on the unit icons in line with the unit names, or vice-versa. I assume Bongo` may have had a hand in that so thanks to him for that. With as many pairs of eyes on this as we have I think it will turn out quite polished.


The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Post subject: Re: Galaxy Robo Progress Report!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:55 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:58 pm
Posts: 1276
Location: Korea
filler wrote:
Also we're bringing the letters on the unit icons in line with the unit names, or vice-versa. I assume Bongo` may have had a hand in that so thanks to him for that. With as many pairs of eyes on this as we have I think it will turn out quite polished.


Actually, that was all me! I know, it's really rare for me to delve into graphics editing, but it wasn't all that hard, and it actually reminded me of hard hard it can be to edit graphics.. Well, how hard it USED to be back in the day with very limited programs. I am still waiting on Bongo` to do a bit of editing to some menu sprites, so he still has his hand in this kind of work :)

The beta testing is going smoothly, and although there won't be a surprise tonight, it's going to be relatively soon.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Post subject: Re: Galaxy Robo Progress Report!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:42 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:43 am
Posts: 742
Draken wrote:
Actually, that was all me! I know, it's really rare for me to delve into graphics editing, but it wasn't all that hard, and it actually reminded me of hard hard it can be to edit graphics.. Well, how hard it USED to be back in the day with very limited programs. I am still waiting on Bongo` to do a bit of editing to some menu sprites, so he still has his hand in this kind of work :)

The beta testing is going smoothly, and although there won't be a surprise tonight, it's going to be relatively soon.
Nice job then!


The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Post subject: Re: Galaxy Robo Progress Report!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:07 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:43 am
Posts: 742
Wildbill wrote:
How do you like the way Draken and I handled the story since the Algol scene? Finding any typos and such?

BTW: Now that I'm getting further in the story, I'm loving the little touches that (I assume?) some military experience brings to the script. Stuff like "R&R" and another acronym I can't think of, it comes through in a lot of little things. I wanted to ask you what that acronym was actually. I'll have to dig it up.


The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Post subject: Re: Galaxy Robo Progress Report!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:43 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:54 pm
Posts: 2340
Location: Virginia
filler wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
How do you like the way Draken and I handled the story since the Algol scene? Finding any typos and such?

BTW: Now that I'm getting further in the story, I'm loving the little touches that (I assume?) some military experience brings to the script. Stuff like "R&R" and another acronym I can't think of, it comes through in a lot of little things. I wanted to ask you what that acronym was actually. I'll have to dig it up.
I think Draken penned R&R, and he was perfectly attuned to the culture of what those troops needed after what they endured.

Otherwise, yep, I fell right into the regiment's routine comfortably and motored right on along with the whole gang. One thing you can always count on, and that's "gallows" humor in combat! "Say, shipmate, if you get smoked tonight trying to charge Hell with a bucket of water, may I... uh... have your new Harley motorcycle!?"


Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Post subject: Re: Galaxy Robo Progress Report!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:33 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:58 pm
Posts: 1276
Location: Korea
"You'll have to pry it out from between my cold, dead thighs!!!"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Post subject: Re: Galaxy Robo Progress Report!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:37 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:58 pm
Posts: 1276
Location: Korea
Quick update! As of today, it looks like ALL bugs in the game have been squashed. I really don't think there will be any more work for Bongo` to do with this game, so that just leaves a few beta testers to finish up (one already has). Fingers crossed for a release sometimes soon!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Post subject: Re: Galaxy Robo Progress Report!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:14 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:54 pm
Posts: 2340
Location: Virginia
Sounds good!


Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group