Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:46 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Feel like I'm missing something with this game/magic system
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:31 pm 

I am pretty far along. I just finished Chichen Itza. But if I am not mistaken, the only way I can get spells is after beating some bosses and touching that pyramid looking thing, the stone of god I think it is called, and the level going up after touching the stone?

Or is this more complex than I am led to believe? How much control do I have over the magic in this game? It strikes me as linear but then again, perhaps I am missing something.

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Feel like I'm missing something with this game/magic sys
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:33 am 
Site Admin

New Psycho spells come from leveling up, and new Chakra abilities come from touching more God Stones. You also need to amass Cosmo Stones after you have have selected a specific Chakra to accumulate them.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:35 am 

have selected a specific Chakra to accumulate them.

I honestly do not think I have done that, how do I do that?

Since I am so late in the game is this going to hurt me?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:27 am 

Chakras give you really good abilities late-game, pretty much all the strongest ones are Chakra-related, linked abilities. There are ways to gain cosmo stones quickly, though - grind the
Spoiler! :
whale enemy near the Norwegian Sea, between the UK/Norway more or less. It gives you a lot of Cosmo Stones in one go. There are also items that double Cosmo Stone gain - buy a bunch and focus on that region. It shouldn't take too long to reach high Chakra levels.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:43 pm 

Ok, I see what I did.

Now I am about to head off to MU but I wanted to stop off at the bun king...

But the only option I get is to view a list of the buns I have. I see no option to combine, so any idea what I should do to be able to combine?

But if it is too much of a hassle I will just skip the bun combining. Is it REALLY needed to combine buns to get certain items to beat the game? or is level 56 heading into Mu enough even without combining?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:31 am 

There's a post very similar to yours on the RHDN board asking (more or less) the same thing, so I'll post my reply here for you:

Spoiler! :
Let me see if I understand you correctly: you say you're about to go to Mu, yet you don't have the option to "Combine buns" at the Bun King, right?

In order to be able to access Mu, you MUST have touched all 7 of the God Stones (which would put you at Chakra Level 7)...I mention this because the Bun King has certain requirements before you get new options.

They are as follows:

Chakra Level 4 = Bun King I (Joy & Spirit Chakras Linked) This gives you the option to "See a list of collected buns."
Chakra Level 5 = Bun King II (Joy & Spirit Chakras Linked) This gives you the option to "Exchange buns for items."
Chakra Level 6 = Bun King III (Joy & Spirit Chakras Linked) This gives you the option to "Combine your buns."

The ONLY way I can see your situation happening is if you haven't collected enough Cosmo Stones for the Joy and Spirit Chakras (which must be linked). How many Cosmo Stones have you collected in the Joy and Spirit Chakras? Also, are you able to link the Joy and Spirit Chakras to access the Chakra Command "Bun King III"? The option to combine buns appears when you use the command "Bun King III" (or "Bun King IV"), so if you're accessing the Bun King through "Bun King I" or "Bun King II" you won't see that option at the Bun King's yet.

FWIW, there's a few cool items you can get from Bun Combinations (weapons/armor/accessory that raises all stats), but they're not necessary (and it's a bit of a hassle to obtain these items, as Bun Combination is a bit glitched...I posted earlier in this thread about that, in case you're interested - edit: the thread referenced here is over at the RHDN forum).

As for level 56, it's about right. IIRC, I was close to level 60 the first time I beat the game, so you should be okay.

To accumulate Cosmo Stones in a different Chakra, press X-button to bring up the menu, select "Chakras", select "Accumulate" on the next screen, choose the character whose Chakra Accumulation you wish to change, and, finally, on the next screen choose which Chakra you want Cosmo Stones to accumulate into. If you want to experiment with Bun Combinations, accumulate enough Cosmo Stones in both Joy and Spirit Chakras until you can access the "Bun King III" or "Bun King IV" command.

Edit: Forgot to add the fact that, after you choose which Chakra to accumulate Cosmo Stones into, you need to defeat enemies (they drop the Cosmo Stones). All Cosmo Stones obtained will go into the new Chakra you've chosen to accumulate into. Once you've hit the target number of Cosmo Stones in the Joy Chakra, change the "Accumulate" so it's going into the Spirit Chakra.