Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:36 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post subject: Re: Release Information and Feedback
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:59 pm 
Site Admin

Great news on the release! And sorry I missed out on beta testing this. I definitely would've taken you up on that offer, but I was really busy with work all of last month. Hopefully, I'll have some more free time soon to play this and the Ranma fighting game as well.

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:08 am 
Site Admin

@tobasoft: We're more than happy to lend you a hand getting the game running! Could you outline the process you're using? Are you removing the header BEFORE you apply the patch?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:46 pm 

no, should I?

edit: I see, I was not removing the header, hopefully that'll get it working, this game looks amazing. thanks again for doing these awesome translations and not having meltdowns on twitter lol

edit 2: okay, so you remove the header, patch, then add the header back? is that correct?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:01 pm 
Site Admin

The header is optional for games to run. They don't need it, so just leave it off.

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:15 pm 

excellent. I can't wait to try this later. thank you so much

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:38 pm 

do you guys have any idea where one can get media for this game? I usually go to emumovies for my snaps and boxart but they got nothing for this.

EDIT: got it working! thank you!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:16 pm 

Hello,

First of all thanks for brining this title to light! I’ve been playing it for a bit and it has been a really fun game so far. I have been enjoying the inherent absurdity of the story and I appreciate the care you all put into your scripts!

One thing I’ve experienced is a graphical distortion with the text, it seems like every time a word box appears the resolution in the game changes from a smoothed over appearance to a pixelated appearance. I have been playing on a Mac with the OpenEmu application which has the option to use either Snes9x or Higan. I’ve noticed a very similar problem when I try to play the English patch for Seiken Densetsu 3 if any of you are familiar. Whenever a word box pops in there is a glitch that seems to change the resolution in the games. Sometimes it isn’t too bad or noticeable but other times there are large glitches when the resolution “pops” back in.

I was just curious if anyone else is having this issue. I am guessing it has something to do with the emulator given the amount of care you guys put into your projects but I just thought I would ask to see if anyone else is experiencing this.

-Thanks again for you efforts!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:47 pm 
Site Admin

Prennick wrote:
Hello,

First of all thanks for brining this title to light! I’ve been playing it for a bit and it has been a really fun game so far. I have been enjoying the inherent absurdity of the story and I appreciate the care you all put into your scripts!

One thing I’ve experienced is a graphical distortion with the text, it seems like every time a word box appears the resolution in the game changes from a smoothed over appearance to a pixelated appearance. I have been playing on a Mac with the OpenEmu application which has the option to use either Snes9x or Higan. I’ve noticed a very similar problem when I try to play the English patch for Seiken Densetsu 3 if any of you are familiar. Whenever a word box pops in there is a glitch that seems to change the resolution in the games. Sometimes it isn’t too bad or noticeable but other times there are large glitches when the resolution “pops” back in.

I was just curious if anyone else is having this issue. I am guessing it has something to do with the emulator given the amount of care you guys put into your projects but I just thought I would ask to see if anyone else is experiencing this.

-Thanks again for you efforts!

This game uses multiple screen modes. Check your emulator and make sure that "HiRes Mode" is enabled.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:48 am 
Site Admin

@ Prennick: Thanks for the feedback! I'm an Openemu user as well, and I'm pretty sure the problem you're seeing is a result of the filter you're applying. Try changing the filter to "pixelate" - which removes all filters - and you'll see it run just fine. Other filters may or may not give you better results than what you are originally experiencing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:55 am 

You can't revive allies, Love and Miss You's do not revive allies in battle but instead heal a character in the party, it would be worth looking into, I think a Chakra ability can help bypass the issue, but for the most part, when a character bites it in battle, that's it, they aren't getting up until the fight ends.

I do not know if this was inherent in the original release though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next