Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:15 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: buns / manjuus
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:51 pm 

hello everyone

i touched the seven god stones and destroyed / visited a couple continents and i know i'm about to beat the game
so i decided it was the perfect time (maybe it wasn't after all..) to complete the only two (?) "side-quests" : buns and bestiarium

i am currently missing 4 buns and i'm kinda stuck so decided to open this thread
i did use google and found an english faq and a few japanese sites dedicated to g.o.d
the names seem to be pretty similar / consistent so i'm about 72% sure i'm looking in the right towns / places

anyway,the first one is the whale / monster one
i know i should be getting that one from a golden whale (found in the sea around japan)
i've now killed at least 5-6 whales but still nothing ; am i supposed to use the "steal" command maybe ?

next one is the "sexy" bun aka エッチまん / dirty bun [faq] ?
not sure because the japanese list says you can find it in シベリア温泉 but the faq says the dirty one is in angel town instead
which would suck because i didn't get it on my first visit and angel town..has seen better days

the prayer bun should be in lemur village according to the faq but all i can find are the monkey buns

and the last is the harbor one ; the faq seems wrong once again because it says it should be in neokobe but i can't find it there

any help ?

as a final note , i would like to thank you for your hard work on all those translations
i've been lurking since forever and using them even before the current site was up
those missing buns finally gave me the perfect opportunity to tell that you're really doing the god's (!!) work

and , yes , g.o.d > tengai makyou zero :!:

https://www.youtube.com/user/FranThirdStrike

Post subject: Re: buns / manjuus
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:31 pm 
Site Admin

I feel like Bwah117 probably has these all written down somewhere, so let's hope he sees this thread sooner rather than later.

The Sexy Bun is definitely back in Angel Town, so yeah, it has been missed :(

I do believe that you need to steal from the whale to get the Monster Bun, but I'm not 100%.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:45 pm 

Hey, Draken, how goes it? Hi, furan, and sorry about the late-ish reply. I would have replied sooner, but I had to double-check a couple of the bun locations for you.

Okay, let's get started then (I won't use spoiler tags, since you asked without them and obviously expect spoilers):

Monster Bun: Indeed, you have to use the "Steal" command with Heath in order to obtain it from the Golden Whale, which can be found in the Vladivostok Waters and the Gulf of California. Equip "Lupin III's Suit" for better/faster results, and have one or two others use "Battle Stun" on the Golden Whale so it can't run away (I say "one or two others" because sometimes "Battle Stun" will miss, so if the first character misses with "Battle Stun", the second character will usually connect with it). The Golden Whale will never drop the Monster Bun, so you must "Steal" it if you want to obtain it.

Sexy Bun: Yeah, this bun can only be obtained from the bath house in Angel Town. The NPC with the Sexy Bun is in the bath house on the women's side, so you have to go through the mini-game of swimming up the pipe to get it. Unfortunately, as soon as you clear Atlantis, Angel Town meets with...an unfortunate end. If you've already passed Atlantis, you won't be able to get the Sexy Bun in your current game, sorry.

Prayer Bun: This bun involves a small quest/task: when you first arrive in Lemur Village, speak with a woman who is worried about her daughter, Kiki (who's presently at Oceania's Bless). She will ask you to go check on her daughter...say "Yes". Make your way to Oceania's Bless, where you'll find Kiki in the infirmary. In order to trigger the next part of the bun quest, you must clear Mothership Omega and make your way back to Oceania's Bless. Once you've cleared Mothership Omega, return to the Oceania Bless infirmary and speak with Kiki, and she'll ask you to relay a message to her mother. Return to Lemur Village and speak with Kiki's mom, who'll give you the Prayer Bun as thanks. Note that if you ever need another Prayer Bun, you only have to return to Lemur Village and speak with Kiki's mom and she'll give you another one (this holds true for all Golden Buns). On the off chance you might have refused Kiki's mother's request (to check on Kiki), I'm not sure if the game will still give you the Prayer Bun if you return to Kiki's mother after Mothership Omega.

Harbor Bun: This one's tricky because certain game events act as triggers, causing some NPC's to change their dialogue/actions (so if you previously spoke with an NPC, then set off a game trigger and return to the same area, you could walk by an NPC with important info and not even know it). Anyway, back to the Harbor Bun...when you and Heath first arrive in Nagasaki, get Glover's permission to use his ship and board it. The ship will take you back to Neo Kobe, even though that's not where your characters wanted to go. This is the trigger I was talking about before...there's a woman walking right by the hotel (on the way to Bless HQ). From this point forward, speak with her and she'll give you the Harbor Bun. If you haven't spoken to her since you spoke to her the first time, she should still give you the Harbor Bun.

At one point, I was considering writing up a Bun Location list, but most of the buns are in pretty obvious locations so I figured it wasn't necessary. Considering that there's a few (like these) that are "hidden", I'll go ahead and write up a Bun Location list and post it later.

If you have any other questions, let me know...always glad to help :)

Last edited by Bwah117 on Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:11 am 

thanks draken and bwah117

i managed to get them all fairly easily and quickly but,yes,couldn't really do anything about the one in angel town
if i remember correctly,the same thing can happen with the very first one (conbini / supermarket) :
the bun you can buy as a kid at the start of the game in your hometown
i don't think you can buy or find it anywhere else later in the game but i'm not 100% sure

to be honest,i had no intention to use or combine those buns (i know the process is pretty bugged anyway),it was mostly an ocd thing but oh well

by the way bwah,thanks for those maps you made , they were quite useful
the dungeons aren't really complex or big but knowing beforehand the location of the various chests was nice because of the absurd random encounter rate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:41 pm 

Hi, furan. Glad to hear you were able to get the rest of the buns (aside from the one in Angel Town). Believe it or not, at one point I thought that the game programmers might have programmed in an alternate way to get the Sexy Bun once Angel Town goes up in smoke, and I spent a few hours visiting other bath houses and towns. Unfortunately, and as you'd probably guess, I was unable to find another NPC who had the Sexy Bun (I know, it was a long shot, but I figured it was worth a try).

Another bun that disappears completely after you clear Atlantis is the Dolphin Bun, which can be found in a shop in Nagasaki. Nagasaki is another city that meets the same fate as Angel Town.

Yeah, you're right about the Store Bun...that's the very first bun you can get in your hometown from an NPC. If you clear the Prologue, you will not be able to get that bun later on, so that's a bun that can be missed. It's a shame that Bun Combination is bugged in the game...that's the one thing that keeps it from being an almost perfect game, in my opinion.

I'm almost done writing up a full bun location list and I'll upload it as soon as I'm done. I know you don't need it anymore, but there's bound to be others who might have questions about some of the bun locations/how to get them.

I'm glad to hear the maps were useful to you. I agree, most maps are pretty straightforward, but there's a couple of maps that are a bit annoying because they're so large (Atlantis and Mu come to mind). I know that whenever I'm playing a game like this for the first time, I always ask myself, "Is it really worth it for me to go this way, or am I wasting my time? Who knows, maybe I'll find a treasure chest or two!" With the maps, at least you can tell at a glance where the treasure chests are at.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. Though I don't post regularly, I lurk around here often, and I (or others) will be glad to help.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:01 pm 
Site Admin

You may want to consider submitting that list to GameFaqs when it's done.

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:34 pm 

filler wrote:
You may want to consider submitting that list to GameFaqs when it's done.

Hi, filler, how's it going? GameFAQs, huh? I will admit the thought did cross my mind a while back, especially when I was working on the game maps. However, I decided against it back then, as most sites have specific submission criteria that must be met in order for the submission to be "approved". While I do agree that having...anything, really, on a bigger site gives it more exposure and makes it easier to find, sometimes you have to jump through hoops in order to get there (file size limits, file formats, etc.). To make matters worse, I've chosen to go with the .pdf format for the Bun Location list, so that file format will *probably* be rejected outright by GameFAQs (I might be wrong, though). I chose the .pdf format because Acrobat handles clickable links better than Word, btw, which will make navigating the list a lot easier (and it looks nicer, too).

To be honest, the main reason I hadn't written up a Bun Location list already is because I was unsure as to what format/layout to use. I mean, it's very quick and easy to write "Speak to the NPC in the Northwest corner of your hometown to get the Store Bun.", but, like the saying goes, "A picture is worth a thousand words.", so I've chosen, instead of writing it out, to use actual game pictures showing where each bun is (along with written instructions, where necessary).

I do have a GameFAQs account, though, so I'll check later if .pdf files are accepted or not. If it turns out that they want me to jump through hoops in order to accept it, I'll pass (as it is, it takes me too long to get some of these projects done...I must admit I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so sometimes I'll start, work 5-6 hours on a project, decide it's not turning out how I want and delete everything just to restart. It's rare for me to do that, but I have done just that, more than once.) That's usually why I'm sometimes hesitant to start on little projects like this. This one, the Bun Location list, is pretty small, however, since there's only 45 buns in the game. As such, it won't take me long at all to complete the list.

Once I've completed the list, I'll post again, along with an update regarding GameFAQs and whether they want to put me through the wringer in order to accept the list. With that, I think I'll head back to working on the list. Talk to you later, and thanks for the GameFAQs advice.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:49 pm 

Bwah117 wrote:
Prayer Bun: This bun involves a small quest/task: when you first arrive in Lemur Village, speak with a woman who is worried about her daughter, Kiki (who's presently at Oceania's Bless). She will ask you to go check on her daughter...say "Yes". Make your way to Oceania's Bless, where you'll find Kiki in the infirmary. In order to trigger the next part of the bun quest, you must clear Mothership Omega and make your way back to Oceania's Bless. Once you've cleared Mothership Omega, return to the Oceania Bless infirmary and speak with Kiki, and she'll ask you to relay a message to her mother. Return to Lemur Village and speak with Kiki's mom, who'll give you the Prayer Bun as thanks. Note that if you ever need another Prayer Bun, you only have to return to Lemur Village and speak with Kiki's mom and she'll give you another one (this holds true for all Golden Buns). On the off chance you might have refused Kiki's mother's request (to check on Kiki), I'm not sure if the game will still give you the Prayer Bun if you return to Kiki's mother after Mothership Omega.

Okay, this is one thing that's always bothered me since I posted this reply...that is, whether or not the game would still give you the Prayer Bun if you refuse Kiki's mother's request. Since I've found myself with some free time today and was bored, I decided to slog through that part of the game again to answer that question.

However, there's more than one possibility:
1- You speak with Kiki's mother, then AGREE to her request.
2- You speak with Kiki's mother, then REFUSE her request.
3- You DON'T speak with Kiki's mother, then continue the game.

Option 1=We already know the answer: you return with Kiki's message & you get the Prayer Bun.

Option 2=??? I spoke with Kiki's mother and refused her request, then made my way to Oceania's Bless base, slogged my way through Mothership Omega, and finally returned to speak with Kiki. Kiki asks you to relay the message to her mom, saying that she's okay. I made my way (again) to Lemur Village and spoke with Kiki's mother and she proceeded to thank me and give me a Prayer Bun (despite the fact that I initially refused her request).

Option 3=??? At Lemur Village, I spoke with everyone BUT Kiki's mother, then made my way to Oceania's Bless base. Continued through Mothership Omega and returned to Kiki and spoke with her. Kiki asks you to tell her mother that she's okay. Upon returning to Lemur Village and speaking with her mother, she thanks you and gives you the Prayer Bun (even though I never spoke to her before). By the way, after defeating the Mothership, if you DON'T speak with Kiki and return to Lemur Village, speaking to Kiki's mother will trigger her request to go check on Kiki (which tells me that the deciding factor on whether or not you get the Prayer Bun is speaking with Kiki after defeating Mothership Omega, then returning to Kiki's mother).

Wow...that took longer than I thought. Now I remember why I never checked this, lol. Well, at least now we know the answer: the only requirement to get the Prayer Bun is that you MUST speak with Kiki after destroying Mothership Omega, then return to Lemur Village and speak to Kiki's mother (the mother's request to check on Kiki is irrelevant (probably just there to point you to your next destination), since your answer doesn't really matter).