Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:07 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Release Information and Feedback
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:18 pm 

this is a 1:1 copy of my "god setup" so :
bsnes and its core files
the god rom and translation patch (i never patched the rom with lunar or similar programs but kept the two files separated instead)
srm file
save state file after the hp glitch just occured

it's obviously a 32 bit program so no idea on how well win 10 handles that (i am assuming most of you are on win 10)

https://ufile.io/279cx

https://www.youtube.com/user/FranThirdStrike

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:14 am 
Site Admin

First of all, I would just like to say thank you to everyone involved in translating this great RPG for all of us to enjoy. It's an awesome game and a wonderful translation that matches perfectly. :)

I also wanted to mention that I believe I've found a small possible bug or rather a part where some text might have been left out (either in the original game or the translation). This appears much later in the game, so I'll include my quick report with a spoiler tag for those who haven't played so far yet:

Spoiler! :
When you get to Lemur Village (or whatever it's called where you crash land after the hurricane), the inn keeper says that the price is 300 G, but it's "on the house" when the monkey Lem is in your team. What I've noticed is that this stay is not at all free like he says. It's in fact 100 G per stay. I found this a bit odd. My guess was that this text was accidently left out, but was it like this in the original Japanese version of the game or a small mistake made by the translation team?

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:51 pm 

Recca wrote:
First of all, I would just like to say thank you to everyone involved in translating this great RPG for all of us to enjoy. It's an awesome game and a wonderful translation that matches perfectly. :)

I also wanted to mention that I believe I've found a small possible bug or rather a part where some text might have been left out (either in the original game or the translation). This appears much later in the game, so I'll include my quick report with a spoiler tag for those who haven't played so far yet:

Spoiler! :
When you get to Lemur Village (or whatever it's called where you crash land after the hurricane), the inn keeper says that the price is 300 G, but it's "on the house" when the monkey Lem is in your team. What I've noticed is that this stay is not at all free like he says. It's in fact 100 G per stay. I found this a bit odd. My guess was that this text was accidently left out, but was it like this in the original Japanese version of the game or a small mistake made by the translation team?

Nice catch, Recca! You're right, the inn does charge you 100 G per night (even though it's supposed to be free). Also,
Spoiler! :
even after Lem sacrifices himself and is no longer in your party, the inn text changes to read that it will cost 300 G per night, yet it STILL only charges you 100 G. Oh, and yeah, I checked the original rom, and the charge is the same (100 G). I would guess that the dialogue just needs a small edit, along with the wall notice, which reads: "Customers accompanying Master Lemur receive a special discount. Normally 10000G only 300G!" (The "300G" probably needs to be changed to read "100G").

I'm sure Draken will pop in a little later, but just wanted to let you know that I verified that there is a minor problem there.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:52 am 
Site Admin

Thanks guys! I’ll do my best to try and process these last few reports when I get a little bit of free time. I’m quite busy again this month.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:49 am 
Site Admin

I think that I've just found another similar case:
Spoiler! :
In the Chichen Itza dungeon/tower, there's a yellow shimmering heal point in one of the doors that says "Everyone's HP/MP was restored". However, it seems that only the HP is restored, not the MP.

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:29 pm 

Just completed it. Sublime work on the translation front. I couldn't be more impressed. This game is a true hidden gem. Thank you so, so much. It's an incredible gift!