Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:10 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Some bugs/typos to report
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:41 am 
Site Admin

ultpaladin wrote:
So anything other than the ips format? I also sent the file I used to you Wildbill.
Somehow, your message body and attachment did not arrive in my PM browser - just the message header.

I just started a new game and let it run up to the three shell agents (Babu, Kupi, and Poyon) exploring the training cave. This is where a player first takes control of the game. The intro doesn't feature a flood - just a heavy mist and a dragon flying through it, BTW.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:29 am 
Site Admin

Yeah, all other patching formats have CRC checking besides IPS and will verify you have the proper rom before patching.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:22 am 

It says the board attachment quota has been reached. I actually found some old emails when I beta tested earlier games with you guys. I sent an email to your Dynamic Designs email address. Hopefully its still used. Thanks for your responses.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:48 am 
Site Admin

ultpaladin wrote:
It says the board attachment quota has been reached. I actually found some old emails when I beta tested earlier games with you guys. I sent an email to your Dynamic Designs email address. Hopefully its still used. Thanks for your responses.
The dratted PM quota again! That system has always been squirrely with me. Taskforce... HALP!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:49 am 
Site Admin

Should be fixed.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:58 am 

Thanks again for the help. I did get the game to work on the Everdrive so I'm good to go. I'll definitely take a closer look at the game towards Christmas when I have more time off.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:21 pm 
Site Admin

ultpaladin wrote:
Thanks again for the help. I did get the game to work on the Everdrive so I'm good to go. I'll definitely take a closer look at the game towards Christmas when I have more time off.
Sure enough... BTW, SSMS-I starts with a flood scene, people swimming in the water and making their way to an island, etc. It's super long and shows meteors raining down on Shelldorado. Dialogue starts in Shell Village and features the characters dancing around a fire, etc. Are you SURE you didn't try to patch the SSMS-I ROM with the SSMS-II patch?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:51 am 

It was an old file so that's probably what happened, but the odd thing is that I downloaded a new one and it did the same thing. Perhaps it was called #2 because its counting the NES game as the first game perhaps?