Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:36 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: SSMS II Maps...
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:36 pm 
Site Admin

Bwah117 wrote:
While gathering information for an enemy guide, I was forced to revisit Foxtail Village after darkness covers the land. I quickly realized that there's a new area of the map (which was previously inaccessible due to the stairway being covered with water). After darkness falls, the water has receded, allowing access to this new area. This new area has
Spoiler! :
Cat Ears for Shamil, a Wind Hood, and Vitalin All.
Not that much, but I can't believe I missed it for so long. Well, then again, it's not like there's any reason to return to Foxtail Village after darkness falls (unless you want to speak with Tran after you've rescued him).

Anyway...basically, this means I've updated the map pack, which now includes 68 maps total. I've also updated all links on the first page of this post. For those just wanting to download the complete .zip file, here's the link:

SSMS II Complete Map Pack https://www.mediafire.com/file/eyzyvpxw ... k.zip/file

I don't anticipate any further revisions or edits to the map pack, as this was the only place remaining that I hadn't revisited after darkness falls across the land.
Ferreting out every nook and cranny as you have was a Herculean undertaking, and we all appreciate it! When he gets a moment, I’m hoping Taskforce will overwrite our downloadable package of your fine compendium of game maps to include this latest revision. When I play through the game again to insert your errata reports, I’ll likely need your map that navigates those accursed towers that feature shifting ingresses and egresses!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:26 am 

Thanks, Wildbill. I remember making my way through Kutomina Palace my first time...I got lost a couple of times and had to backtrack in order to get all the treasures (I was following the FAQ, but there's a few places that are a little hard to follow). The Kutomina Palace map is one of the nicer ones (and one of the more interesting ones, as I combined sections of Kutomina Palace [Normal] with Kutomina Palace [Dark] in order to avoid having to duplicate such a large map). I'm sure everyone who's seen the map has noticed that the movable wall sections and Dragobird are not present until after darkness falls, but they are both shown here, integrated seamlessly.

It took a while to finish all the maps, so a part of me was relieved to finally be done. Imagine my surprise yesterday when I stumble into the cave leading to Foxtail Village and I noticed that stairway leading down. "I don't remember those steps," I thought, as I headed downstairs and saw a new area I had missed before. As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to update the map pack (so it's as complete as it can be).

On a different subject, I've been making good progress on the enemy list for the (forthcoming) enemy guide, but I've noticed a few minor issues which haven't been reported. Since I didn't want to overwhelm you with a deluge of small reports, I figured I'd just throw the snapshots for the new issues in a folder marked "Unreported", then I'd just report them later. There's only nine issues so far, and none are serious. I was planning to finish my enemy list, going through the entire game (noting anything else in need of correction), then submit one last report at the end. Is that okay, or would you rather I submit this report now? Presently, I'm about...80% through the game, so I'm pretty close to the end now. I ask just in case you'd rather get all the reports now. There may be a few new issues I stumble across, so I'll keep logging them in the "Unreported" folder for now.

Well, back to the game!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:34 pm 
Site Admin

Bwah117 wrote:
Thanks, Wildbill. I remember making my way through Kutomina Palace my first time...I got lost a couple of times and had to backtrack in order to get all the treasures (I was following the FAQ, but there's a few places that are a little hard to follow). The Kutomina Palace map is one of the nicer ones (and one of the more interesting ones, as I combined sections of Kutomina Palace [Normal] with Kutomina Palace [Dark] in order to avoid having to duplicate such a large map). I'm sure everyone who's seen the map has noticed that the movable wall sections and Dragobird are not present until after darkness falls, but they are both shown here, integrated seamlessly.

It took a while to finish all the maps, so a part of me was relieved to finally be done. Imagine my surprise yesterday when I stumble into the cave leading to Foxtail Village and I noticed that stairway leading down. "I don't remember those steps," I thought, as I headed downstairs and saw a new area I had missed before. As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to update the map pack (so it's as complete as it can be).

On a different subject, I've been making good progress on the enemy list for the (forthcoming) enemy guide, but I've noticed a few minor issues which haven't been reported. Since I didn't want to overwhelm you with a deluge of small reports, I figured I'd just throw the snapshots for the new issues in a folder marked "Unreported", then I'd just report them later. There's only nine issues so far, and none are serious. I was planning to finish my enemy list, going through the entire game (noting anything else in need of correction), then submit one last report at the end. Is that okay, or would you rather I submit this report now? Presently, I'm about...80% through the game, so I'm pretty close to the end now. I ask just in case you'd rather get all the reports now. There may be a few new issues I stumble across, so I'll keep logging them in the "Unreported" folder for now.

Well, back to the game!
Appreciate yourr thoroughness. Since I’m about to travel, finishing first works just fine. Polishing an updated game patch will likely be a winter effort for me.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:41 pm 

Sounds good, plus it's probably smarter to wait until I'm done, since there's always the chance I'll find something else (again) before I'm done. Anyway, have a safe trip!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:09 am 

I was going through Crystal Castle today and noticed one mistake: the map correctly shows two treasure chests, but not how to reach them (there's a hidden passage which was missing from the v2 map). That means there's now a v3 version of the Crystal Castle map. There's an interesting story behind WHY I forgot to add it (see spoiler notes on page 1 of this thread for details). In any case, here's the newest map pack:

SSMS II Complete Map Pack https://www.mediafire.com/file/eyzyvpxw ... k.zip/file

The link is still the same, but the .zip file has been updated. I was debating whether or not to add the Doughnut Island map, but chose not to do so (since it's an optional area anyway, and there's nothing really important inside).

Unless anyone points out a mistake or omission, this will be my last update to the map pack. I'm currently working on the enemy guide, but I barely finished compiling the list and I need to devote more time to that.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:30 pm 
Site Admin

Uploaded to download section.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:37 pm 

Thanks, taskforce. With that last edit done, I can now focus on the enemy list. I must admit, though, I was at a bit of an impasse. There was one enemy I could not find its second 'area of appearance' for, which isn't that critical in and of itself. What is critical, though, is that this particular enemy held the last skill for Poyon, and the only skill I was missing. I decided to reload my game, from almost the beginning, and decided to revisit Lampa. On my way to Lampa, bam! That last enemy appeared, so I lucked out and found it. Now I can make actual progress on the enemy list/guide.

Back to working on the enemy guide, then!