Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:51 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Post subject: Re: We have released. This topic is for post-release feedbac
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:41 pm 
Site Admin

That is a good question though, who are the current D-D core members that are still currently working on translation projects? I mean, Bongo` and Draken have retired from the scene, Red Soul has apparently lost interest since 2014 in our group and Filler seems to be mostly focused on his own projects for now. So, does that really just leave me, Wildbill and Taskforce? Ouch, that is quite the skeleton crew alright... If you guys need help with anything else, please don't hesitate to ask. I'll try to do what I can to help out if possible. Besides beta testing, I could also assist with script editing or small misc translations if needed. But without a main romhacker and translator, we won't be able to take on any new projects surely. Though I suppose that for now, we still need to focus on finishing the current remaining projects. I just hope that after they're released, it doesn't spell the end of our group...

And on a lighter note, I've found a rather funny, but brief old playthrough of the first Shinseiki Odysselya game. The beginning of the game looks a bit like The Planet of the Apes in the Arctic. The makers of this game really decided to go full on ape with the first enemies encountered, huh? :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebB_Chm3cVU

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:49 pm 
Site Admin

Nah, FIller is still around. He just helped me out with a translation that was missing on Power of the Hired a couple days ago. And I will need to ask him about something else soon so I hope he has just a bit more time. I have been looking into one of his game gear translations to see about helping him out with that but nothing on that front is final yet. I think I can even do some assmebly for that. Anyone know of a good xkas style in line game gear assmebler that can assemble directly into a rom? Man it would be handy. Anyway, he is still around we just don't have anything much for him to do right now that he is interested in.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:26 pm 
Site Admin

Recca wrote:
That is a good question though, who are the current D-D core members that are still currently working on translation projects? I mean, Bongo` and Draken have retired from the scene, Red Soul has apparently lost interest since 2014 in our group and Filler seems to be mostly focused on his own projects for now. So, does that really just leave me, Wildbill and Taskforce? Ouch, that is quite the skeleton crew alright... If you guys need help with anything else, please don't hesitate to ask. I'll try to do what I can to help out if possible. Besides beta testing, I could also assist with script editing or small misc translations if needed. But without a main romhacker and translator, we won't be able to take on any new projects surely. Though I suppose that for now, we still need to focus on finishing the current remaining projects. I just hope that after they're released, it doesn't spell the end of our group...

And on a lighter note, I've found a rather funny, but brief old playthrough of the first Shinseiki Odysselya game. The beginning of the game looks a bit like The Planet of the Apes in the Arctic. The makers of this game really decided to go full on ape with the first enemies encountered, huh? :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebB_Chm3cVU
Not long ago I heard from Red Soul. He says he is fine. I don't think he plans to become active again any time soon. Knowing he's okay was the main thing for me.

Yes, after I discuss some options with TF, if you have the time, I have a few ideas.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:42 pm 

I've just finished the game! It took me 38 hours give or take, so definitely a much bigger game than SSMS1. I’ve enjoyed the game tremendously. I didn’t mind the high encounter rate (the battles go over quickly and the dungeons aren’t very long) expect during the final dungeon. I’ve used the no encounter code there because, dear me, that dungeon is way too long!
FYI, I’ve been playing the game on my Switch with CFW via Retroarch with the Snes9X cores. I used both the speed up and rewind functions (no Save States) and encountered no bugs (apart from the ones already mentioned). So another fine release from DDS I would say!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:49 pm 
Site Admin

Kergon wrote:
I've just finished the game! It took me 38 hours give or take, so definitely a much bigger game than SSMS1. I’ve enjoyed the game tremendously. I didn’t mind the high encounter rate (the battles go over quickly and the dungeons aren’t very long) expect during the final dungeon. I’ve used the no encounter code there because, dear me, that dungeon is way too long!
FYI, I’ve been playing the game on my Switch with CFW via Retroarch with the Snes9X cores. I used both the speed up and rewind functions (no Save States) and encountered no bugs (apart from the ones already mentioned). So another fine release from DDS I would say!
Good to hear. Thanks for the report. Well, my wife got me a Switch for Christmas and wedding anniversary combined. It's still in the box because I am working on three other translations at the moment, but I will need to give your method a try. Happy gaming!

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 11:13 pm 

Well, I thought I was done with reporting any further issues, but recently I've been mapping the different areas in SSMS-II, which caused me to re-play through large sections of the game. Since I had entirely new party formations this time around, I saw several new lines, and, along with the new lines, new issues to report. I'm almost done with all the maps, but I might still uncover new issues, so there may be yet another report after this one (that one should be the final one, though).

Here's the latest report:

Report 14: https://www.mediafire.com/file/2vquhvpx ... Report+14+[F8C3045E].zip/file

Back to the game, then!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:17 am 

Finally finished the last two reports for the game, Reports 15 & 16. These reports include some issues uncovered after "party switching" at certain locations, so they should be interesting. Speaking of "party switching", I did get a large portion of the key locations done, but not all of them. To try to get them all done would have taken a lot longer than it already did, so I figured I needed to get these reports done ASAP. In any case, new issues have been found, which is better than having them pop up years after the initial release.

Anyway, here's the download links:

Report 15: https://www.mediafire.com/file/w5yhbb5r ... Report+15+[F8C3045E].zip/file
Report 16: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ro8g3ris ... Report+16+[F8C3045E].zip/file

I've also updated the other post back on...page 4 of this thread, that way all the links are in one spot, all together.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:41 pm 
Site Admin

Bwah117 wrote:
Finally finished the last two reports for the game, Reports 15 & 16. These reports include some issues uncovered after "party switching" at certain locations, so they should be interesting. Speaking of "party switching", I did get a large portion of the key locations done, but not all of them. To try to get them all done would have taken a lot longer than it already did, so I figured I needed to get these reports done ASAP. In any case, new issues have been found, which is better than having them pop up years after the initial release.

Anyway, here's the download links:

Report 15: https://www.mediafire.com/file/w5yhbb5r ... Report+15+[F8C3045E].zip/file
Report 16: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ro8g3ris ... Report+16+[F8C3045E].zip/file

I've also updated the other post back on...page 4 of this thread, that way all the links are in one spot, all together.
As I said in the other thread, appreciate everything. I will start gathering and processing your reports. Thanks again!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:48 am 

After a little break, I finally decided to start working on an enemy list for the game. Wouldn't you know it, I decide to do ONE thing differently (not recruit Urnie), and I find one more issue. I normally wouldn't think of writing a report for just one issue, but it's a little on the wordy side.

Anyway, here's the download link:

Report 17: https://www.mediafire.com/file/jrnhy26e ... Report+17+[F8C3045E].zip/file

Not to worry, this is definitely the last report. I'm not really playing the game right now...I'm just going through it to get a complete enemy list. I'm actually surprised I caught this one, since I'm mainly focusing on enemies.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:43 am 
Site Admin

Bwah117 wrote:
After a little break, I finally decided to start working on an enemy list for the game. Wouldn't you know it, I decide to do ONE thing differently (not recruit Urnie), and I find one more issue. I normally wouldn't think of writing a report for just one issue, but it's a little on the wordy side.

Anyway, here's the download link:

Report 17: https://www.mediafire.com/file/jrnhy26e ... Report+17+[F8C3045E].zip/file

Not to worry, this is definitely the last report. I'm not really playing the game right now...I'm just going through it to get a complete enemy list. I'm actually surprised I caught this one, since I'm mainly focusing on enemies.
Appreciate the report, as always!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next