Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:23 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Would you guys mind....?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:06 pm 
Site Admin

BTW: Just so everyone knows, I will not be adding the SSMS-II translation to romhacking.net. If someone else would like to, feel free to do so.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:29 pm 

taskforce wrote:
BTW: Just so everyone knows, I will not be adding the SSMS-II translation to romhacking.net. If someone else would like to, feel free to do so.

Understandable considering the unpleasant discussions your last translation patches caused there. The community of this website can be very toxic, indeed.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:45 pm 

taskforce wrote:

Absolutely don't blame you, I have to admit, i've been looking on there past few days to see if it has been posted on there. Now I know it won't be posted on there by you
guys I wont bother looking now. I think in general though SSMS-I got a pretty good reception there didn't it? can't really remember.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:27 pm 
Site Admin

SylarDean wrote:
taskforce wrote:

Absolutely don't blame you, I have to admit, i've been looking on there past few days to see if it has been posted on there. Now I know it won't be posted on there by you
guys I wont bother looking now. I think in general though SSMS-I got a pretty good reception there didn't it? can't really remember.
Probably 99+% of gamers who visit all of the translation websites are fine people who follow an old Navy adage I heard the first time in Electronic Warfare school. “Take the best, and leave the rest.” Keeping in mind that “the best” resides in the eyes of the beholder, another old adage also applies. “One rotten apple spoils the whole barrel.” Eventually, those who want to play this patch will find it. Some people will offer it via a pre-patched ROM. The pirates will likely burn it to EEPROM and sell it in SNES-compatible carts for $50 a pop. All I have said, that’s just the way it is.

We have shared our patch. Now, we move on.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:34 am 

Wildbill wrote:
akualung wrote:
Congratulations on this release! I'm so glad this project has taken flight, now finally the whole Shell Monsters saga is in English! (apart from the gameboy spin-offs that don't look very interesting) Also glad to hear from you again, Wildbill. Hope everything's ok.

Apparently this year has been good for the snes as well. Since that initial scare about Tom and DDS leaving the scene, they came back in the end, released the remaining snes Goemon games and started translating the Super Chinese World ones. :D
Yep, you good friends convinced me to release. I went through a major move this whole year and was prepping that place to sell all of 2019. I'm still sorting through lots of clutter. It's endless!

As for other people in the translation hobby who have attracted a handful of swarming crazies who create the cacophony of thousands, I'm pleased to hear they decided not to react. That squeaky wheel is best amputated, not lubricated. It's funny, but if I decided to build model ships instead of writing stories, and I painted patriotic symbols on their hulls, these efforts wouldn't induce far-flung enemies to come boiling out of the woodwork. The funniest part of most detractors is they don't know the difference between writers and editors. The latter is a failed writer, oftentimes, who works with writers and proofreaders to produce finished commercial content. Throw "translator" into the mix, and you have a complex process that in this hobby oftentimes ends up a product of multitasking by just two or three people with three or four more backstopping the whole works.

In history, book-burnings were a popular means of censorship. Nowadays, with digital content floating through the ether, a writer's work is potentially backed-up in millions of devices! Heh, not a bonfire, wailing banshee, or even an air burst by a powerful nuclear device can wipe it totally. As I always say, I'll repeat. If you don't like my stories, go somewhere else and read whatever suits you.

Anyway, do you have time to play through another game in the next month or so?

Hi, again. About the last part, of course I'm always willing to help :) The only problem is that lately I've been forced to limit a little the amount of time I spend in front of a computer screen due to a few health problems I'm having related to my eyesight and that I'll have to get checked one of these days (I really hope it's nothing serious).

But if it's not a very long or complicated game (for instance, I'm not good at all at strategy-rpgs, I always ended up doing something wrong and get stuck underpowered, and never managed to finish one without massively cheating), I think I could handle it. I can also play it on cellphone as well, as these other type of screen tires my eyes less than a computer monitor.

But apart from all this, I welcome any chance to help in current projects.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:45 am 
Site Admin

akualung: Try to see if your PC screen has a blue light reduction setting. That might help with your eyes. Sadly, I've been having eye issues recently as well but I've always had eye issues my entire life. I'm legally blind (always have been) with pretty poor eyesight in case you guys didn't know. I am well below the driving sight limit. But looking at PC screens for over 30 years has not done what eyesight I have any favors, that is for sure. I'm just thankful for what eyesight I do have. Even with glasses I do not have good vision, not that it matters since glasses give me migraines. Anyway, got off track. I was just wanted to say take your sight seriously, and see if a blue light filter helps if you have the option. Definitely get your eyes checked out. You don't want to play around with certain eye conditions.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:04 am 
Site Admin

I just wanted to mention that I've submitted this translation to RHDN a few days ago, but I didn't make a front page news entry for it to avoid any possible drama or negative comments from the snowflakes there that were somehow upset with the release of the first game's translation. I did this of course, for all of the fans there to see and enjoy playing this great game in English, and not for the mindless fanatical liberal critics.

As for the other topic of conversation, blue light is indeed the most damaging of all for the eyes. You can try to lower your screen's brightness and contrast setting or use your computer/TV in a well lit room. Yellow tinted glasses also help reduce blue light glare/radiation and eye strain. Gunnar blue light glasses work the best overall, but just about any yellow, orange, bronze or amber colored lenses will do the trick as well. These types of shades and glasses also help to reduce stress, improves your mood and promotes healthier sleep (since blue light tends to keep you awake and alert, while red light helps you fall asleep better). Try to avoid staring too much at things that emit blue light in general, especially at night (about an hour before you go to sleep, if you can).

I guess it doesn't help that the design here is mostly blue, but having it red or black might be a bit too sinister looking, heh. The reason I mentioned this is because red light is the least damaging for your eyes on the light spectrum. I believe that there's also a program available that reduces blue light, but you could try to see if you can do this manually in your computer's settings if possible first. I guess living on planet Mars must be pretty good for the eyes and for sleeping seeing as the sand and reflections there are mostly red. :lol:

Edit: I also forgot to mention that LCD screens are overall the best choice since they produce the least amount of damaging light radiation. These types of screens are also cost efficient, good quality and last a very long time if properly taken care of. I personal find them to be a better choice in this regard over other types of screens such as LED and plasma ones. And as a last word of advice, try to not stay to close to the screen either for an extended period of time. It's just like what all of our parents used to say when we were kids: "Don't stay so close to that screen or your eyes will rot!" Yes indeed, staying a little further back and taking breaks every now and again is the key to good eye health!

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:32 am 
Site Admin

Recca wrote:
I just wanted to mention that I've submitted this translation to RHDN a few days ago, but I didn't make a front page news entry for it to avoid any possible drama or negative comments from the snowflakes there that were somehow upset with the release of the first game's translation. I did this of course, for all of the fans there to see and enjoy playing this great game in English, and not for the mindless fanatical liberal critics.

As for the other topic of conversation, blue light is indeed the most damaging of all for the eyes. You can try to lower your screen's brightness and contrast setting or use your computer/TV in a well lit room. Yellow tinted glasses also help reduce blue light glare/radiation and eye strain. Gunnar blue light glasses work the best overall, but just about any yellow, orange, bronze or amber colored lenses will do the trick as well. These types of shades and glasses also help to reduce stress, improves your mood and promotes healthier sleep (since blue light tends to keep you awake and alert, while red light helps you fall asleep better). Try to avoid staring too much at things that emit blue light in general, especially at night (about an hour before you go to sleep, if you can).

I guess it doesn't help that the design here is mostly blue, but having it red or black might be a bit too sinister looking, heh. The reason I mentioned this is because red light is the least damaging for your eyes on the light spectrum. I believe that there's also a program available that reduces blue light, but you could try to see if you can do this manually in your computer's settings if possible first. I guess living on planet Mars must be pretty good for the eyes and for sleeping seeing as the sand and reflections there are mostly red. :lol:
You done good. Anyway, public domain is what it implies.