Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:29 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Congratulations!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:53 am 

Congratulations Recca! for this patch in Romanian. ;)
Good courage for releases next.

Post subject: Re: Congratulations!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:54 am 
Site Admin

Nicely done, Recca!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:23 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you both, I'm glad that I was finally able to finish this translation which started last year in September. I was actually working on Feda at the time, but I decided to give it a break after trying to resolve some technical issues with the script. Burning Heroes has a huge script, so I decided to work on Silva Saga-II instead for which I was one of Red Soul's English beta testers.

As for my next project, it's probably either going to be Feda or Burning Heroes, we'll see. I of course also look forward to continue working with you guys on our English translations as well. I have a feeling that this will also be a good year for D-D releases!

By the way 4ph, nice avatar of the Silva Saga-II hero. Merci beaucoup, mon ami! :)

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:29 pm 

Recca wrote:
By the way 4ph, nice avatar of the Silva Saga-II hero. Merci beaucoup, mon ami! :)

Thank you! ;)
Waouuh! You speak French?
Here is link to find Silva Saga II in French:
http://traf.romhack.org/index.php?p=patchs&pid=936

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:16 pm 
Site Admin

I only speak a little French, but I'm working on it. I've played Crystal Beans From Dungeon Explorer in French before the English translation was released. It was good for practice.

On another note, I can't seem to figure out how to properly submit files at RHDN anymore. They added this new submission form which has an annoying ROM/ISO info field that I don't know how to file out properly. It already got rejected once because of it. The staff over there is really starting to annoy me...! I'll try it again (this time putting "no information available"), but if it doesn't work this time, I may just forget about submitting it to RHDN. Maybe Draken or someone else here could help me fill out that field if it's rejected again...

Edit: Okay, nevermind. They finally approved it after my third attempt. I finally found the correct Silva Saga-II ROM information in a thread here at D-D. Well, that takes care of that. Submitting files at RHDN sure is a lot harder than here at D-D...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:33 pm 

Yes, good work Recca!
It's awesome that you are basically one-man teaming our international department so far haha.
Now I need to get off my lazy posterior, as it were, and work on something for our portuguese releases as well.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:49 pm 
Site Admin

[quote]Thanks! I thought you were working on a Portuguese translation of Silva Saga-II, or was it Feda? A long while back, I remember seeing a screen shot in one of your emails of some dialogue from Silva Saga-II translated into Portuguese. It looked like it was in Beta Village, but I'm not quite sure.

There's an interesting thing I noticed in the Silva Saga-II text files for the project folder. Namely, that some lines are missing the sound effect commands (like some of Milon's lines in Adol). Good thing I noticed those and fixed them before I began beta testing. I also had to shorten some of the magic spell descriptions that were causing the text to garble even though there was enough space for them (the Basil spell was one of them, I don't remember what the others were).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:03 pm 

Recca wrote:
Quote:
Thanks! I thought you were working on a Portuguese translation of Silva Saga-II, or was it Feda? A long while back, I remember seeing a screen shot in one of your emails of some dialogue from Silva Saga-II translated into Portuguese. It looked like it was in Beta Village, but I'm not quite sure.

There's an interesting thing I noticed in the Silva Saga-II text files for the project folder. Namely, that some lines are missing the sound effect commands (like some of Milon's lines in Adol). Good thing I noticed those and fixed them before I began beta testing. I also had to shorten some of the magic spell descriptions that were causing the text to garble even though there was enough space for them (the Basil spell was one of them, I don't remember what the others were).

Yes, it was Silva Saga, although it was mostly experimental at the time. I actually need to get the insertion systems again to be able to resume work on those (thankfully, with my current script editing program and a handy relative search, things will be much simpler this time around).