Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:02 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: (SOLVED) In need of a hand for making maps of this game
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:50 pm 

Quote:
Hi. I'm replaying SSMS-I and found it would be neat to make screenshoted maps of the overworld of this game. I intend to do the same with SSMS-II as well after finishing its prequel.

Regarding SSMS-I, I've completed the whole overworld map of the "second-ish" half of the game, that starts when
Spoiler! :
you defeat Fat Badger and he provokes an event that makes some previously traversable parts of the overworld to be flooded

The map screenshoting hasn't been difficult to achieve because you get the flying ship some time later so I've been able to capture the whole map, flying from left to right row by row, taking screenshots of every screen and mounting them with Photoshop afterwards. Here's a sample of the finished map (right now it's low-res, I'll eventually upload the full-res one):
Spoiler! :

But I have a problem trying to do the same with the map before
Spoiler! :
the Fat Badger fight
because you don't have the airship yet and would be too complicated to easily arrange the screenshots (I've tried using the helper Flappy too, but ran into the same problem).

So I'm wondering... would it be difficult to try and find a cheat code that deactivates collision detection on the overworld? That way I could do the same I've done when you get the airship. I've search in any Japanese cheatcode sites I've found, and also gamehacking.org, to see if there already was one, but to no avail.

So, in a nutshell: could somebody help me find a flag that deactivates collision detection and/or create a Action Replay, RAW or Game Genie code to use it on the emulator?

Thanks in advance.

Problem solved, someone has facilitated me a way to obtain the maps from this game. Thanks a lot anyways ;)

I edit this message to include the code I've obtained. It's a GG code that allows the party to walk through any wall, including the oceans on the overworld: 3C87-C4A0