Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:52 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Congratulations Recca
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:54 am 

I think you really have to be congratulated for accomplishing this translation. You picked one of the best possible choices of the SNES generation to translate to Romanian. I know it must have been a lot of work but in this effort you have kind of left something to posterity to the millions that speak Romanian. Are you considering any other games to translate? I guess there are quite a few in English now, unless you were planning to translate from the original Japanese.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

Post subject: Re: Congratulations Recca
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:38 am 
Site Admin

Thank you very much Ultpaladin! And yes, there's a number of games which I would like to translate into Romanian (mostly Gens and Snes ones). The real problem I'm facing is not the translation aspect itself, but rather the technical issues as I'm not the most skilled romhacker and text editors such as the one I used for Chrono Trigger are hard to come by. Simple utilities are usually not 100% efficient.

For example, even with Chrono Trigger Text Editor and Temporal Flux, there's still a few bits of English text remaining that I couldn't translate because it was stored as graphics (such as the character magic affinities). These would have required hacking, re-designing and hacking back into the game. It's a bit too much work for one person alone. The good news is now that D-D is expanding to feature international translations as well, I and other passionate translators such as Red Soul will have the possibility to translate various D-D projects which have already been released in English. There's been no actual solid decisions made just yet, but we're getting there.

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)