Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Silva Saga II Bug.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:49 am 

Not sure if this is known or has been posted but I made an account just to post it because I thought the glitch was pretty serious and needs to be known about if it's not already. After I reached level 12 with the main character I got into a battle, went to the 2nd page of his spell list and scrolled down, where there was garbled text, highlighted it it froze up the game. When I went back to re-load the game my save file was gone :!:. I checked to see if it was a glitch exclusive to copiers but the same thing happened with snes9x, and although the text was still glitched on zsnes it did not lock up/freeze the game.

Attachments:
SilvaSaga2-glitch.PNG
SilvaSaga2-glitch.PNG [ 340.4 KiB | Viewed 24515 times ]
Post subject: Re: Silva Saga II Bug.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:53 am 

Ok, I think I have identified what causes this problem. When you're in a characters spell list, you can press the X button which scrolls through the spell list page by page. The glitch seems to NOT occur when you manually scroll down the list by just pressing down til you get to your desired spell, but if you use the X button and scroll down using the down button the glitch occurs. Oddly it didn't crash the game with other characters (just a bunch of e's covering the menu's) but with the main character doing this will crash the game and you will lose your save data. Luckily I periodically backup my saves with my copier while playing so I only lost a few minutes of gameplay.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:39 am 
Site Admin

That's a great find! I wish I could remember who was coordinating this game... Was it you, WB? The project page seems severely out of date and in need of some edits. Akujin is still on there as Coordinator, but that can't be right ;) Anyhow, thanks again rpger900! I'm sure Bongo` can use this information to get a fix done up.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:35 pm 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:
That's a great find! I wish I could remember who was coordinating this game... Was it you, WB? The project page seems severely out of date and in need of some edits. Akujin is still on there as Coordinator, but that can't be right ;) Anyhow, thanks again rpger900! I'm sure Bongo` can use this information to get a fix done up.
I'll look into it when I get a few moments.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:41 am 

I found this one as well although it's a minor one. I hope it doesn't seem like I'm nitpicking because that is not my intent. I just figured you all would like to have as close to a glitch-free patch as possible.

Attachments:
Silva Saga II - The Legend of Light and Darkness (J) [T+Eng_v1.0]_00000.png
Silva Saga II - The Legend of Light and Darkness (J) [T+Eng_v1.0]_00000.png [ 11.51 KiB | Viewed 24480 times ]
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:05 pm 
Site Admin

rpger900 wrote:
I found this one as well although it's a minor one. I hope it doesn't seem like I'm nitpicking because that is not my intent. I just figured you all would like to have as close to a glitch-free patch as possible.

Your reports are much welcomed.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:46 am 

Ok, thanks. In that case i'll post whatever else I find in this thread. I'm assuming you all are aware of the glitch when talking to the guy that sells you Jeweled Box in the small border area early on in the game, someone on the romhacking.net Silva Saga 2 thread posted it.

Attachments:
wn49T.png
wn49T.png [ 12.76 KiB | Viewed 24466 times ]
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:50 am 

There are also text issues when talking to the man in the upper right corner of Toran Town.

Attachments:
Silva Saga II - The Legend of Light and Darkness (J) [T+Eng_v1.0]_00002.png
Silva Saga II - The Legend of Light and Darkness (J) [T+Eng_v1.0]_00002.png [ 16.1 KiB | Viewed 24466 times ]
Silva Saga II - The Legend of Light and Darkness (J) [T+Eng_v1.0]_00001.png
Silva Saga II - The Legend of Light and Darkness (J) [T+Eng_v1.0]_00001.png [ 15.96 KiB | Viewed 24466 times ]
Silva Saga II - The Legend of Light and Darkness (J) [T+Eng_v1.0]_00000.png
Silva Saga II - The Legend of Light and Darkness (J) [T+Eng_v1.0]_00000.png [ 15.76 KiB | Viewed 24466 times ]
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:04 am 
Site Admin

rpger900 wrote:
There are also text issues when talking to the man in the upper right corner of Toran Town.
The game has a number of variable paths I guess we didn't find during testing. Looks like you found some found some, rpger900 - especially the bards' verses.

Red Soul, do you have the latest SS-II structure on the release version, or do I have it, too, somewhere?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:40 pm 
Site Admin

Is RedSoul even in communication with anyone? I'm still waiting on responses to a few e-mails (all in reference to the Chaos Seed splash screen :( )

Oh, and good job finding those problems rpger900!