Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:55 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Post subject: Re: Silva Saga 2 post release feedback
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:56 am 
Site Admin

CRV10 wrote:
Hey there folks, I decided to pop on here again to apologize for my rage induced review on the game's plot :(

I do know that the game is just a game & given the technological limitations that the programmers had to work with back then (in that Golden Age of 16-bit RPGs), I definitely should have been easier on what the game had to offer. I admit that shotgun wedding (I'm not sure if you folks use the same colloquial term for a forced wedding, but from where I'm from that's what we call it) really got to me badly :(

Now that I've cooled off & have looked back on what the game's plot made me felt, I can honestly say that it was like watching a cheesy chick flick LOL!

And in my ranting mood I forgot to praise the one core feature I absolutely loved in the game, the idols :) Collecting & developing the idols was such a fun tidbit & reminded me so much of the capsule monsters from Lufia II. Had the game's developers made another Silva Saga game I would've liked it even more if they made it so that each idol learns different skills at certain levels ala Pokemon style, then when you fuse idols the fused form would learn the skills of both proto form idols :)

By the way, that weird scenario Wes Falls encountered with the game still proceeding to the game's ending despite not beating Zolde III is so hilarious :D So as Red Soul mentioned on his cross examination of my previous post, you (the Hero) are "destined" to end up in Maria's clutches no matter what you do.... including pleading Zolde to kill you ROFL! :mrgreen:
Where I came from if a boy got a girl in "trouble", he drove his bride-to-be to the justice o' the peace while his daddy-in-law-to-be sat in the back seat with a loaded 12 gauge. After the couple kissed following the ceremony, daddy would put the smooth bore away. That was a shotgun wedding where I grew up.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:46 pm 

Wildbill wrote:
Where I came from if a boy got a girl in "trouble", he drove his bride-to-be to the justice o' the peace while his daddy-in-law-to-be sat in the back seat with a loaded 12 gauge. After the couple kissed following the ceremony, daddy would put the smooth bore away. That was a shotgun wedding where I grew up.

Yup that's basically it, but there are a few instances where the bride's family contrive & setup the groom to force him to marry her even if there was no pregnancy or actual sex involved :( And here it's not just limited to a loaded gun, most frequently a machete or jungle knife can do too.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:40 am 

I want to thank the Dynamic Designs team for such a high-quality translation of this awesome game! It seems that every game you guys work on are not only expertly translated, but are themselves excellent games to begin with. But anyway, I have a few screens for you.

Spoiler! :

Is there a term for this type of error? It seems to be so common. In one thought it's, "You certainly work hard!" And in an alternate thought it's, "You are certainly working hard!" Both thoughts converge and you have what's in the screen shot... or something like that. Or it could just be a missing "-ing" or an errant "are".

Spoiler! :

Yeah... um... that's not what I named my character. lol, playas gotta play!

Spoiler! :

"Oughta" in place of the first "outta".

Spoiler! :

"knowledgeable"

The first two are from Endel. The second two are from Yohoi. That's it for now. I hope I've been a little helpful. Thanks for providing us the opportunity to play this great game! =)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:36 am 

CRV10 wrote:
Hey there folks, I decided to pop on here again to apologize for my rage induced review on the game's plot :(

I do know that the game is just a game & given the technological limitations that the programmers had to work with back then (in that Golden Age of 16-bit RPGs), I definitely should have been easier on what the game had to offer. I admit that shotgun wedding (I'm not sure if you folks use the same colloquial term for a forced wedding, but from where I'm from that's what we call it) really got to me badly :(

There's no need to feel bad, and we'll obviously not take your comments about the game personally.
I see the merit of the points you defended, and I agree all of it seems very linear, but there's a reason
for that, so my counter argument merely tried to highlight that.

CRV10 wrote:
And in my ranting mood I forgot to praise the one core feature I absolutely loved in the game, the idols :) Collecting & developing the idols was such a fun tidbit & reminded me so much of the capsule monsters from Lufia II. Had the game's developers made another Silva Saga game I would've liked it even more if they made it so that each idol learns different skills at certain levels ala Pokemon style, then when you fuse idols the fused form would learn the skills of both proto form idols :)

Yes, idols add an interesting layer of gameplay without making it daunting or tiring (Pokémon comes to mind... too much
micromanagement). Skill inheritance would certainly have been interesting, as well as being able to macro your idols' actions
a la Phantasy Star 4.

CRV10 wrote:
By the way, that weird scenario Wes Falls encountered with the game still proceeding to the game's ending despite not beating Zolde III is so hilarious :D So as Red Soul mentioned on his cross examination of my previous post, you (the Hero) are "destined" to end up in Maria's clutches no matter what you do.... including pleading Zolde to kill you ROFL! :mrgreen:

Yes, haha I suppose the programmers decided to hide their code oversights with fate - one so overbearing that affects the world outside the game.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:42 am 

Swordmaster wrote:
I want to thank the Dynamic Designs team for such a high-quality translation of this awesome game! It seems that every game you guys work on are not only expertly translated, but are themselves excellent games to begin with. But anyway, I have a few screens for you.

Spoiler! :

Is there a term for this type of error? It seems to be so common. In one thought it's, "You certainly work hard!" And in an alternate thought it's, "You are certainly working hard!" Both thoughts converge and you have what's in the screen shot... or something like that. Or it could just be a missing "-ing" or an errant "are".

Spoiler! :

Yeah... um... that's not what I named my character. lol, playas gotta play!

Spoiler! :

"Oughta" in place of the first "outta".

Spoiler! :

"knowledgeable"

The first two are from Endel. The second two are from Yohoi. That's it for now. I hope I've been a little helpful. Thanks for providing us the opportunity to play this great game! =)

We appreciate the feedback, thank you for taking the time to find these tidbits.
If anyone is at fault, it would be me, I get an itch if I don't bring everything to
a standard, and these slipped past me, but since you nailed them, they'll be certainly
corrected by the time of v1.1.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:25 am 

Spoiler! :

I would say it's a combination of, "Yes, that is the one." And, "Yes, that is the ring." Again, that has to be one of the most common mistakes. I see it all the time in novels.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:43 am 

Spoiler! :

Missing word, "to".

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:05 pm 

Swordmaster wrote:

[spoiler]Image

I thought this line might have been a joke when I read it. If not, its still funny and somehow appropriate. What would a 90's RPG be without at least a few catalectic words?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:17 pm 

Swordmaster wrote:
Spoiler! :

I would say it's a combination of, "Yes, that is the one." And, "Yes, that is the ring." Again, that has to be one of the most common mistakes. I see it all the time in novels.

Not a mistake, it was just a joke on my part. I came up with it and it stuck.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:38 am 

Red Soul wrote:
Not a mistake, it was just a joke on my part. I came up with it and it stuck.

Ah, I see. My apologies, Red Soul.

Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next