Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:44 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Post subject: Re: Spot Translation Requests *SPOILERS*
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:18 am 
Site Admin

filler wrote:
No, it's not saying the enemy is already effected by the spell, it's saying "was not put under the spell". The spell is the subject actually so it's saying the spell was ineffective. In this case however, the spell was ineffective because the enemy is already affected by the spell so there is no reason not to just say so if you think it would be clearer.
How about?: "Spell had no effect."

BTW, would you like to receive an e-mail tonight with a surprise in it?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:54 am 

Wildbill wrote:
filler wrote:
No, it's not saying the enemy is already effected by the spell, it's saying "was not put under the spell". The spell is the subject actually so it's saying the spell was ineffective. In this case however, the spell was ineffective because the enemy is already affected by the spell so there is no reason not to just say so if you think it would be clearer.
How about?: "Spell had no effect."

Or maybe even "Spell already in effect"?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:59 pm 
Site Admin

Wildbill wrote:
filler wrote:
BTW, would you like to receive an e-mail tonight with a surprise in it?

Sure. I don't normally like surprises but this sounds like the kind I would like. :)

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:33 am 

I am intrigued by this idea.
Does losing EXP cause you to level-down?
Do you get it back after defeating enemies, or is like other games where enemies try to steal your money/items and then try to run away so you can't get them back.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:54 am 
Site Admin

KingMike wrote:
I am intrigued by this idea.
Does losing EXP cause you to level-down?
Do you get it back after defeating enemies, or is like other games where enemies try to steal your money/items and then try to run away so you can't get them back.
What I have noted is this: The Incubus steals 2000 EXP when it uses that spell. Then, on the next round or so, I strike it down and gain 2000 EXP for everyone still standing in the active party. Therefore, it's a zero net gain or loss in that instance. But hot-switching parties to allow another group to cherry-pick that 2000 EXP would make the loss stick for the vacating fighter who was affected. We would need to experiment to see if someone could level down. At that time in the game, the average fighter needs about 8,000 to 10,000 EXP to level up, so the math would need to work also. Finally, the Incubus is rare, so experimentation would be difficult. I've only found it guarding a handful of special treasures in one of the four final towers.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:06 pm 

Wildbill wrote:
What I have noted is this: The Incubus steals 2000 EXP when it uses that spell. Then, on the next round or so, I strike it down and gain 2000 EXP for everyone still standing in the active party. Therefore, it's a zero net gain or loss in that instance. But hot-switching parties to allow another group to cherry-pick that 2000 EXP would make the loss stick for the vacating fighter who was affected. We would need to experiment to see if someone could level down. At that time in the game, the average fighter needs about 8,000 to 10,000 EXP to level up, so the math would need to work also. Finally, the Incubus is rare, so experimentation would be difficult. I've only found it guarding a handful of special treasures in one of the four final towers.

Ah looks like I better jot this quirkness down in my checklist so I can run some late game tests and ascertain the effects.
Either way it would be detrimental for the player since even if the levels don't drop, making the battle drag too long
would mean having to basically regain the exp needed to advance to the next levels.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:27 pm 
Site Admin

Red Soul wrote:
Wildbill wrote:

Ah looks like I better jot this quirkness down in my checklist so I can run some late game tests and ascertain the effects.
Either way it would be detrimental for the player since even if the levels don't drop, making the battle drag too long
would mean having to basically regain the exp needed to advance to the next levels.
Gosh, I could spend a day or two trying to write down everything I need to tell you. But instead, I believe I'll grab some moments tonight and get it off to you. You can start in the beginning, when the game is much less complex, and I will feed you notes along.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:38 pm 

Sounds like a plan ^.^
I'll check my email box regularly then.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:44 am 
Site Admin

Red Soul wrote:
Sounds like a plan ^.^
I'll check my email box regularly then.
The link was PM'ed. It's all yours now. I gave you two guidelines to start. The next ones are these:

Consideration #3 - Hidden objects are everywhere. Search everything: bridges, trees, dead-end areas, wells, signs, sculptures, cabinets, flower beds, pots, all different sides of beds, all different sides of tables, all different side of windmills, armor and weapon displays, etc. I didn't find everything, so we may have text overruns on some strings.

Consideration #4 -
Spoiler! :
A flying or running monster may be loose somewhere in the countryside. I never found it, but it gives you five Relaxes if you catch it.

Consideration #5 - We are using the term "Bakemono" for a few strong foes that may or may not be tied to Zuhl.

Consideration #6 - Some monster names may still be too long. I believe the limit may be 9 letters for some usages.

Consideration #7 - You need to talk to everyone in towns during both day and night. Many conversations change, and different people may appear.

Consideration #8 - I am getting ready to send you Shiva's re-translations by regular e-mail.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:27 am 

Understood, I'll get to further ironing this bad boy then.
I'm not sure if you sent me the read me model yet, but if you like
you can send it to me along with Shiva's retranslations so I can
put my share of information to the document.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next