Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Mon May 27, 2024 1:12 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
Post subject: Re: Silva Saga-II(e) Production Status
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:26 am 
Site Admin

Just wanted to let people know that Shiva has been steadily sending us translations every now and then. His work has been VERY good. Usually, I have to make many, many edits when working with translated scripts, but this guy has been making my life much easier with his formatting and generally error-free translations. I finally got back into the swing of things today. I edited all of Shiva's recent translations, and I've started going back through all the old text files, double-checking everything before I send a final package over to WB so that we have the same info on both ends.

Keep your fingers crossed that my wife doesn't drag me out tomorrow... or that Xenoblade doesn't grab my attention for too long. heh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:51 pm 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:
Keep your fingers crossed that my wife doesn't drag me out tomorrow... or that Xenoblade doesn't grab my attention for too long. heh

Tell me about it. I started working on an old RPG dragon warrior clone game engine again. That was taking away my attention for a while. After building a small world map and a few towns, i may add a simple story or have someone write for me. :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:03 am 
Site Admin

Just got news from Shiva... The translation side of things is totally finished!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:36 am 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:
Just got news from Shiva... The translation side of things is totally finished!
Yee-haw...!! What a great day for D-D!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:08 am 
Site Admin

That is great news on both it and Burning Heroes. If I can get this blanging toothache I have under control. I'm going to try to get my end of Aretha II buttoned up and pass it back to Wildbill later this week. Darned teeth.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:26 pm 
Site Admin

Also, I should add that my final (2nd draft) polishing of the scripts is nearly finished... I'd have it done tomorrow, but it's Chuseok over here (Korean Thanksgiving), so I'll be with the family most of the day. When I am finally through, though, I'll be pretty much done on my end and ready to get beta testing heavily underway... That is, of course, unless WildBill is planning on doing some major overhauls.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:07 pm 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:
Also, I should add that my final (2nd draft) polishing of the scripts is nearly finished... I'd have it done tomorrow, but it's Chuseok over here (Korean Thanksgiving), so I'll be with the family most of the day. When I am finally through, though, I'll be pretty much done on my end and ready to get beta testing heavily underway... That is, of course, unless WildBill is planning on doing some major overhauls.
I want to do a complete play-through for the first time, but what I passed over to you was mostly finished, and yours and Shiva's styles in the files appear to be perfectly attuned to the original tone set by Akujin that I followed. I don't perceive any major overhauls at my end, just maybe some minor tweaking here and there. For example, I wanted to polish the song lyrics and poetry I wrote a bit, unless you and Shiva already handled that. At one time, Garrett said he'd work on fine-tuning these verses.

The menus appeared to be in pretty good shape when I passed it to you. Bongo` did a lot of good menu work last winter - on top of what was already largely refined from his old labors. We did have some really tricky menus, however. Some of the misc files are very, very fussy!

I was also curious as to which translations were ambiguous to you, my 25% or Akujin's 50% (percentages estimated). I know that Shiva overhauled over a lot of the pre-existing translations - especially mine - and scrubbed them clean! Thanks again, Shiva! We were quite stalled and progressing at a snails pace at the time you joined the team.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:38 pm 

Yeah, I had forgotten about it. Generally speaking there is almost always some sort of sacrifice made when trying to rhyme everything up. I believe there are two paths I can take, trying to rhyme everything or improve the poetic-ness of the song. Overall, it's not bad, but I do see areas for improvement. That said here is my attempt to rhyme the first paragraph.

Oh, let me spin you a tale,
In a land full of strife,
Light and Dark battled without fail,
Ready to take each others life.

Not sure the third line will fit though.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:31 pm 
Site Admin

Garrett wrote:
Yeah, I had forgotten about it. Generally speaking there is almost always some sort of sacrifice made when trying to rhyme everything up. I believe there are two paths I can take, trying to rhyme everything or improve the poetic-ness of the song. Overall, it's not bad, but I do see areas for improvement. That said here is my attempt to rhyme the first paragraph.

In a land full of strife,
Light and Dark battled without fail,
Ready to take each others life.

Not sure the third line will fit though.
Looks like you're on the right track.

Or maybe:

In a land filled with strife,
Light and Dark beyond the pale,
Ready to snuff the others life.

Yeah, what fits is the always the bugaboo. Just brainstorming above. We'll get there!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:05 am 
Site Admin

Be careful... A lot of times, the rom will only allow you to fit 28CPL... Sure, sometimes it will accept 29/30CPL, but I kept 28 the standard to avoid many problems having to reformat down the line.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next