Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:29 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Post subject: Re: Silva Saga-II(e) Production Status
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:51 pm 
Site Admin

filler wrote:
Here is a quick translation of that small block if you need.
Super! Bona Vona, and all that good stuff!

Hadn't heard from Shiva yet, so, bam! (Add trumpets.) Announcing all known SS-II translations at 100%.

Thanks, Matt!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:35 pm 

Amazing, simply amazing. Another gem; I'm definitely looking forward to this one.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:29 pm 

A timeless and bitter fight,
A feud that wages endless,
Between our god of Light,
And Zuhl, the god of darkness.

Yes, many a soul was slain,
But Harn, our god of Light,
Summoned a hero to end our pain,
Our champion in the fight.

And so the battle raged on,
Sweeping across the ocean,
And Northern Ofelia it sat upon,
With devastating commotion.

At the chimes of midnight,
The Light Warrior struck,
And Evil fell to his might,
Hope restored, with luck.

So that leaves three left. As much as I like the last two lines for the final paragraph, they're probably going to have to be changed if it's to be rhymed. Those other two aren't no easy fixes as well. So far I haven't been able to come up with any ideas.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:07 pm 
Site Admin

Garrett wrote:
A timeless and bitter fight,
A feud that wages endless,
Between our god of Light,
And Zuhl, the god of darkness.

Yes, many a soul was slain,
But Harn, our god of Light,
Summoned a hero to end our pain,
Our champion in the fight.

And so the battle raged on,
Sweeping across the ocean,
And Northern Ofelia it sat upon,
With devastating commotion.

At the chimes of midnight,
The Light Warrior struck,
And Evil fell to his might,
Hope restored, with luck.

So that leaves three left. As much as I like the last two lines for the final paragraph, they're probably going to have to be changed if it's to be rhymed. Those other two aren't no easy fixes as well. So far I haven't been able to come up with any ideas.
It's coming along very nicely. The next fun in the process, of course, will be finding this spot in the game and making sure everything fits. (New stanzas pasted in) Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:25 pm 

I can't believe how fast the progress has gone on this game! Great job to everyone involved. Is this game probably the frontrunner to be the next Dynamic Designs release?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:49 am 
Site Admin

LakersFan2010 wrote:
I can't believe how fast the progress has gone on this game! Great job to everyone involved. Is this game probably the frontrunner to be the next Dynamic Designs release?

Should all things go right, I believe this will be but I could be wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:34 am 
Site Admin

LakersFan2010 wrote:

As Bongo` said. It is a very good possibility but not the only possibility. There are games moving on all fronts around here. The only two games I will guarantee will not be out next is Princess Minerva and Hourai. Princess Minerva just has way too much yet to be done at this point. Bongo` is still working out assembly and inserter features (Well, that is what Microsoft calls bugs :)) and then we have to go through it all polishing and such. Hourai has just flat been put on the back burner by me. With Gid's release everyone has had a chance to play it, so I don't have to be in a huge rush. I'd rather focus on other cool games that are new, but Hourai isn't canceled. I will get back to it when we knock some of this other stack down a notch.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:06 pm 
Site Admin

taskforce wrote:
LakersFan2010 wrote:

As Bongo` said. It is a very good possibility but not the only possibility. There are games moving on all fronts around here. The only two games I will guarantee will not be out next is Princess Minerva and Hourai. Princess Minerva just has way too much yet to be done at this point. Bongo` is still working out assembly and inserter features (Well, that is what Microsoft calls bugs :)) and then we have to go through it all polishing and such. Hourai has just flat been put on the back burner by me. With Gid's release everyone has had a chance to play it, so I don't have to be in a huge rush. I'd rather focus on other cool games that are new, but Hourai isn't canceled. I will get back to it when we knock some of this other stack down a notch.
If Bongo` will squash that little battle bug or whatever it is in Hourai, I'll pick away at it in the first draft and format modes. Regardless of the number of well-advancing stories on my plate, I always have periods of time come up when I have absolutely nothing to do. Yeah, I like having a half dozen big works going all at once!

To add to what Taskforce said about future work, I'll report that pulling the scripts for Albert' Odyssey I and II are on the back burner right now, too. Bongo` has advised us that getting into these two games is so intensive, we'll require dedicated focus - in other words, as Taskforce already acknowledged - we need to clear out some of this mass of games.

In other news, with help from Filler and Ritchie, we apparently completed a good Kanji table file for Aretha-I. This means Bongo` is closer to a script dump of that game to place in Filler's hands. If the mechanics of this game are similar to its sequel, Aretha-I's insertion support structure should come together nicely.

Now, if I had to pick a pressing area of greatest technical need right at this moment - once Princess Minerva's insertion engine is basically constructed - I would choose precision menu work for Burning Heroes. This one is screaming unabated to the quarterbacks calling the final signals for translation and writing!

And then, we have the huge convoluted Chaos Seed story with its technical challenge largely solved. When Draken sends over the next scenario(s), I'll have parts of Eien's and Red Soul's manual at my side, and this will speed up my job tremendously. Chaos Seed could catch up in a hurry and maybe even lead the pack because it's priority for me when I have its package in hand.

And finally, just this morning, Silva Saga-II (another possible candidate for the next release) reached a V0.34 beta. Now, I must perform a bit of outdoor work before returning to my quaint little Hobby Shop for some more game production. By the way, I love the music - and now that I'm deeply into it - the story in SS-II! Later, if I can remain on a daily schedule, and we can fix a few nagging insertion, battle, and menu glitches, this one should slide effortlessly into beta testing before year 2011 is a wrap.

And let me add that SS-II progressed rapidly due to four reasons. (1) Bongo` laid extensive groundwork for it years ago and refined the tedious menu system greatly last winter when he solved the remaining technical issues. (2) Akujin had already translated over half of the game for us. (3) Shiva finished the translation in short order. (4) Aishsha standardized our terminology and names of everything - saving a lot of research time.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:53 pm 
Site Admin

Hokay...! Back to bards now. The songsters in this game seem to be on steroids! So, Garrett is on track to pen the biggie. But Shiva's work has revealed yet another fearless bard in the Port Town of Endel that I didn't spot last winter. After about two seconds of consideration, I decided this fantastic game deserves to have all of its song lyrics set to rhyme, even if we don't release until 2020 (just like reverse hindsight, right!?)

So, rather than cajole Garrett into doing all the musing, I fiddled around with our itinerant artist in Endel off and on through the day. Shoot, I could have been to the Temple of Manus by now, kickin' butt and takin' names, but as I said, I figure the extra work for verse is worth it. Please, anyone, feel free to jump in and help this poor country blank verse writer look like Lord George Gorden Byron! If gamers can solve the molecular structure of a retrovirus blocker, surely we can network to write memorable A-B-A-B quatrains!

First, the Japanese, then Shiva's reading, finally - my first draft in screenies. Believe it or not, I limited the screenies by cutting some of them out of the upload!

.OFFSET = { $0002FA24 - $0002FBF6 }
.COUNT = $01D3 // 467
; [sfx-09]「神々に 見そめられた世界
;  それがミネルバトン[keyp]
; 「光のハーンと 闇のズール
;  それは 光の戦士と 闇の王子[keyp]
; 「闇と光は
;  ミネルバトンを奪いあう
;  それは ミネルバトンが
;  次の世界の卵となる 定めゆえ[keyp]
; 「ミネルバトンの 終わる時
;  ラバルの鏡が この世に生れる[keyp]
; 「その鏡を 手にいれし者こそ
;  次の世界をつくる 神々となる[keyp]
; 「ズールは 闇の世界を支配し
;  ハーンは 光の世界を守る[keyp]
; 「光の戦士は ハーンの申し子
;  ズールの野望を 打ちくだく
;  光の神々に 愛でられし者…[keyp]
; 「いましも
;  闇の王子が襲ってくる!
;  ゾルデが 光を吹き消さんと
;  次々と魔物を 生み出す[keyp]
; 「ミネルバトンのサーガは
;  光の戦士の物語…[keyp]
; 「白銀に輝く 英雄たちの…
;  シルヴァ・サーガという 物語[keyp]
; 「詩人は歌う
;  光の戦士の 物語を
;  白銀の 物語を…[keyp]
; 「長い歌なのに
;  聞いてくれて どうもありがとう
;The world of Minelvaton has
;captivated the gods.[keyp]
;Harn, the god of Light and
;Zuhl the god of Darkness
;are represented by the Light
;Warrior and the Prince of
;Darkness.[keyp]
;The Dark and the Light
;struggle for control of
;Minelvaton. This struggle
;will determine who controls
;the next world.[keyp]
;Lavar's mirror will come
;into the world at the end of
;the time of Minelvaton.[keyp]
;Those who possess the
;mirror will be the gods that
;create the next world.[keyp]
;Zuhl controls the world of
;Darkness. Harn protects the
;world of Light.[keyp]
;The Light Warrior is Harn's
;representative and beloved
;by the gods. He is to crush
;the ambitions of Zuhl.[keyp]
;The Prince of Darkness is
;on the attack! He brings
;forth monsters to extinguish
;the Light.[keyp]
;The Minelvaton Saga is the
;legend of the Light
;Warrior...[keyp]
;It's also called the Silva
;Saga.[keyp]

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:55 am 

Here's the last paragraph.

So that's my humble song,
Where many a mystery hide,
But now I must say so long,
Take everything in stride!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next