Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:02 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Post subject: Re: Silva Saga 2 post release feedback
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:40 pm 

CRV10 wrote:
Hey there folks, I decided to pop on here again to apologize for my rage induced review on the game's plot :(

I do know that the game is just a game & given the technological limitations that the programmers had to work with back then (in that Golden Age of 16-bit RPGs), I definitely should have been easier on what the game had to offer. I admit that shotgun wedding (I'm not sure if you folks use the same colloquial term for a forced wedding, but from where I'm from that's what we call it) really got to me badly :(

Now that I've cooled off & have looked back on what the game's plot made me felt, I can honestly say that it was like watching a cheesy chick flick LOL!

And in my ranting mood I forgot to praise the one core feature I absolutely loved in the game, the idols :) Collecting & developing the idols was such a fun tidbit & reminded me so much of the capsule monsters from Lufia II. Had the game's developers made another Silva Saga game I would've liked it even more if they made it so that each idol learns different skills at certain levels ala Pokemon style, then when you fuse idols the fused form would learn the skills of both proto form idols :)

By the way, that weird scenario Wes Falls encountered with the game still proceeding to the game's ending despite not beating Zolde III is so hilarious :D So as Red Soul mentioned on his cross examination of my previous post, you (the Hero) are "destined" to end up in Maria's clutches no matter what you do.... including pleading Zolde to kill you ROFL! :mrgreen:

I'm going to dig this up really quick, as I've had an epiphany. As Kyral at the end of Silva Saga, you fight and defeat Zolde and the game ends. However, at the start of Silva Saga 2, you learn that Kyral apparently failed and was eaten by Zolde and his friends. Who defeated Kyral and resurrected Zolde? It was Maria. She's the real villain. Its a game to her, and she's really just a bored god searching for a lark. Maybe Kyral usurped the quest she had designed for her own hero? Her motives have already been shown to be indefensible. The only actual difference in the stories told in Silva Saga and its sequel is that in the second one, you find out that you've been stalked by an erstwhile deified ginger. Too bad Minelvaton Saga didn't really have any plot to add to or explain more of this mystery.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:09 am 
Site Admin

Wes Falls wrote:
CRV10 wrote:
Hey there folks, I decided to pop on here again to apologize for my rage induced review on the game's plot :(

I do know that the game is just a game & given the technological limitations that the programmers had to work with back then (in that Golden Age of 16-bit RPGs), I definitely should have been easier on what the game had to offer. I admit that shotgun wedding (I'm not sure if you folks use the same colloquial term for a forced wedding, but from where I'm from that's what we call it) really got to me badly :(

Now that I've cooled off & have looked back on what the game's plot made me felt, I can honestly say that it was like watching a cheesy chick flick LOL!

And in my ranting mood I forgot to praise the one core feature I absolutely loved in the game, the idols :) Collecting & developing the idols was such a fun tidbit & reminded me so much of the capsule monsters from Lufia II. Had the game's developers made another Silva Saga game I would've liked it even more if they made it so that each idol learns different skills at certain levels ala Pokemon style, then when you fuse idols the fused form would learn the skills of both proto form idols :)

By the way, that weird scenario Wes Falls encountered with the game still proceeding to the game's ending despite not beating Zolde III is so hilarious :D So as Red Soul mentioned on his cross examination of my previous post, you (the Hero) are "destined" to end up in Maria's clutches no matter what you do.... including pleading Zolde to kill you ROFL! :mrgreen:

I'm going to dig this up really quick, as I've had an epiphany. As Kyral at the end of Silva Saga, you fight and defeat Zolde and the game ends. However, at the start of Silva Saga 2, you learn that Kyral apparently failed and was eaten by Zolde and his friends. Who defeated Kyral and resurrected Zolde? It was Maria. She's the real villain. Its a game to her, and she's really just a bored god searching for a lark. Maybe Kyral usurped the quest she had designed for her own hero? Her motives have already been shown to be indefensible. The only actual difference in the stories told in Silva Saga and its sequel is that in the second one, you find out that you've been stalked by an erstwhile deified ginger. Too bad Minelvaton Saga didn't really have any plot to add to or explain more of this mystery.
Yep, Maria is a siren-like presence throughout this Minelvaton Saga. The hero is driven onward (as all heroes are), but if I was single and younger, regarding Maria (if such a woman existed in a real-life military campaign), I would just wanna XXXX XXX XXXXX each time she appeared, then go back to the front and keep fighting the war until I either won or my tour of duty was up, whichever came first, hee-hee...!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:50 am 

There have been worse ambitions in better Epics.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11