Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:22 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hit rate?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:04 pm 

I decided to give Aretha a go. I'm excited about it, but one thing that has been bothering me is how often your attacks and spells miss. There were times when I fought a single skeleton, missing like 7 or 8 turns in a row, while the enemy landed almost every hit.
Is there something I'm missing?

Post subject: Re: Hit rate?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:03 am 

ze1 wrote:
I decided to give Aretha a go. I'm excited about it, but one thing that has been bothering me is how often your attacks and spells miss. There were times when I fought a single skeleton, missing like 7 or 8 turns in a row, while the enemy landed almost every hit.
Is there something I'm missing?

Yeah, your enemy (sorry, I couldn't help it, but, in my defense, you did set yourself up for that one :) ) Seriously, though, I thought the same thing when I first played the game and missed 5-6 consecutive strikes (while the enemy landed every hit). That's just how the game is when you start a new game. As you level up, your hit rate improves, to the point where you'll rarely miss (unless you're fighting a boss or hidden enemy, but those are a different story).

Hope that helps!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:28 am 

Yeah, I did some grinding and I noticed my hit rate improved considerably. Maybe it's related to the skill stat?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:21 pm 

It is possible, though it's really hard to say with "Aretha". There are six stats:

Atk
Def
Mdef
Int
Spd
Skl

The way I see it, the stats "Def", "Mdef", and "Int" don't have anything to do with your hit rate, while the stats "Atk" and "Skl" *probably* do affect hit rate. I'm not sure about "Spd"...I mean, I know "Spd" affects turn order (the fastest characters always get their turn first), but it's also possible it might affect hit rate slightly. There's a few things in "Aretha" that go against established RPG conventions, so it wouldn't surprise me. In any case, I'm glad to hear your hit rate has improved. The game is a lot more fun when you can actually hit your enemies :) .

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 12:48 pm 

ze1 wrote:
Yeah, I did some grinding and I noticed my hit rate improved considerably. Maybe it's related to the skill stat?

Thank goodness!

A stamp for your book? Sorry, I don't have one.