Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:03 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: A couple nice screens to get you interested again.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:41 am 
Site Admin

Yeah, I know this project has been really dragging, and that is entirely my fault and nobody else. However, this project is getting a lot of attention now and is pretty far along at this point. I won't make any promises on an exact timetable at this time, but I promise that this will come out in 2015 and I'm pretty certain it should make the first half of 2015. Unfortunately, it didn't make 2014 because of a lot of very serious personal and family issues. Sorry about that.

But the point here is I promised screenshots. So, with that in mind, let me show you what Bongo` and I have been up to recently.

ImageImage

Let me explain the status menu. I realize there are a lot of abbreviations, and most of them you'll be used to.

But for the ones you aren't.

fncr = Fencer
Fght = Fighter
Mge = Mage
Clrc = Cleric
Elf = Elf

These are separate stats that level up during the game (when you add them up, they're your overall level)

Apt stands for Aptitude. This is how well a character can learn these stats. Not all characters learn all stats. Think of this as how experience points get distributed. Although, oddly points get distributed after battle to only one stat, they don't get divied up between them. However, they get distributed overall using these percentages. The distribution will always = 100% but it can do it in whatever combination. As you'll see above, Minerva can't learn Elf skills. But the other four = 100%. 50%+20%+15%+15%=100%.

Why do you care if the game isn't out. I just wanted to mention it as we probably won't have the manual translated when we release. I will put this info in the readme, so don't worry about it. Hopefully, I'll explain it better than I have above as well. I'm sure that was a bit confusing without the game in front of you.

Also, this game has 3 different types of points similar to magic points.

magic Points = MP
Technique Points = TP
Skill Points = SP

Magic is magic
Technique's are the skills that you use on yourself. Strengthening your defenses by hardening your body and such.
Skill is similar to magic, it is a skill that works on an enemy.

I have decided to call these combined as Skills since they all show up under the same menu. So the main menu and battle menu now refers to them as Skills. Though, this might change before release.

Post subject: Re: A couple nice screens to get you interested again.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:26 am 
Site Admin

Awesome update! I'm really curious about this one since it has that OAV based on it. I actually have the OAV in my shopping cart for Rightstuf right now. So close to pulling the trigger on that and a couple more old classics.

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:38 pm 
Site Admin

taskforce wrote:

magic Points = MP
Technique Points = TP
Skill Points = SP

Magic is magic
Technique's are the skills that you use on yourself. Strengthening your defenses by hardening your body and such.

I have decided to call these combined as Skills since they all show up under the same menu. So the main menu and battle menu now refers to them as Skills. Though, this might change before release.
Was just starting to study on these some when I came down with a flu. Mind's been muddled with effects and meds, but I should get focused again soon. Haven't made any progress with anything for a few days, except to tell wife what I want for dinner - now that I'm eating again. I gotta stay out of big city hospitals! I think people catch more crud in medical facs than anywhere.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:33 am 
Site Admin

Wildbill wrote:
taskforce wrote:

magic Points = MP
Technique Points = TP
Skill Points = SP

Magic is magic

Was just starting to study on these some when I came down with a flu. Mind's been muddled with effects and meds, but I should get focused again soon. Haven't made any progress with anything for a few days, except to tell wife what I want for dinner - now that I'm eating again. I gotta stay out of big city hospitals! I think people catch more crud in medical facs than anywhere.
So, I'm still dealing with the aftermath of a nasty bout with the flu, a chronic cough that caused me to postpone scheduled eye surgery for tomorrow, but I can still work on projects.

Work on Princess Minerva just entered the next phase. Today, I just started doing some polish work on the introduction segments. I plan to put the other projects on the back burner until this one is ready for Taskforce's final checks. We have a number of technical issues to fix, a splash page and the broken ending credits. Otherwise, we appear to be on a steady track to beta testing and release.

This game is top priority for our next release.