Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:03 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Last Bible III is out! :D
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:13 pm 

Congrats!!!!

The list is getting smaller, that is for sure.

I reckon there are maybe a dozen games left that are truly good still left untranslated.

Best of the non translated snes games
Aretha 1/2 - good progress being made!
Ladystalker - decent progress though slow and not much recent info, it seems.
Rejoice - not much info as of late :( seems to have fallen into oblivion
Solid runner - not much info as of late :( seems to have fallen into oblivion
Traverse starlight and prairie - seems there is great progress with this one and it might be close
Elfaria 2 - seems to have fallen into oblivion
Akazukin Cha Cha - seems to have fallen into oblivion
Oni - seems to be close, great progress being made
Light Fantasy 2 - seems to have fallen into oblivion
Super shell Monster 2 - seems to be very very close, amazing progress being made
Shin Megami Tensei: if... - seems to be slowly, but surely getting there but seems there is still a lot needed.

What do you think? Maybe a few of those could be taken off and 1 or 2 added in their place. But the dedicated hackers are working hard to knock a lot of snes games off the grand list of untranslated games!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:34 pm 

The list surely is getting smaller. Pretty much all truly good games are translated, what's left are many very good games with notably lacking features, or otherwise fine games that won't appeal maybe but to a small audience due to obscure subject matter etc.

Yume Maboroshi no Gotoku - super unknown. Manga like aesthetic and weird looking sprites. Haven't played beyond a starting area, but might be atleast competent. Not worked on that I know.
Yamato Takeru - basic JRPG based on Japanese legends. Competent, but somewhat boring. Not worked on.
Verne World - :mrgreen: Not worked on I think...
Granhistoria - amazing story, rushed content, poor gameplay. Aeon Genesis still working on it?
Sword World 1 & 2 - tactical RPGs... largely unknown, hidden gems (?) Nobody working on them I think?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:37 pm 
Site Admin

There are still around 72 RPGS without English translations on the SFC/SNES. Quality is subjective, but there is certainly no lack of quantity.

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:06 am 

Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation seems to be making good progress on Tenshi no Uta, as well. Great year for SNES/SFC RPG fans, for sure.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:24 am 

Tenshi no Uta will likely drop this year; Nightcrawler mentioned that it's fully translated and will likely enter beta in a couple of months at most! AGTP is surely still working on Rejoice and Solid Runner - he's posting updates every Monday, so I'm sure he'll sure get back to it. I'm personally the most interested in Madara 2, since Madara on the NES had one of my absolute favourite soundtracks of all RPGs.

I'd also add Soul and Sword, the (spiritual?) prequel to Traverse. Could be interesting with its open-world mechanics and all that. Kurisu also mentioned that Jungle Wars 2 is a pretty good game overall, with a fun world/characters, and not a terribly long one at that. Sansara Naga 2 could also be pretty fun; the first game came out on the Famicom, and it had some cool elements, like the whole dragon breeding system. The other interesting ones I can think of are Monster Maker III and Shin Momotaro Densetsu - maybe also Down the World: Mervil's Ambition and DunQuest, but they're much less known.

Last edited by MariusB on Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:19 pm 

I REALLY can't see 'Tenshi No Uta' being released any time soon, considering it's been halted cos they need someone
with an English Major OR fantastic at English to make a second pass.. I quote...

"The script really needs some editing now. The original translator will only be able to do a first pass accuracy check .
We will need a second pass where the bulk of the cleanup editing would be done for grammar, consistency, clarity, etc.
We are ideally looking for someone with an English major, and/or strong demonstrable skills of past editing work. An
added bonus if it is ROM hacking or gaming related. We’re looking to polish the project up to release grade standards
now and need a dedicated, serious individual to do so."

I think we COULD possibly end up seeing it maybe towards the end of this year.. or even into early next year. So until
THAT actually happens I think the game has been put on pause.. though THAT announcement was made April 19th so
they might have found someone now, or not.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:47 pm 

Monster Maker III is one of the games I have been working on, at least translating the script while playing.
Though lately I have been focusing on studying kanji (after giving my grammar book a serious look over finally), hoping once I can get good at that (don't know if this year is a good goal), I'll feel better about pushing forward with some of the scripts I've been looking at.
I had at least on paper translated the dialogue (machine/dictionary assistance) through Chapter 1 (which ends a little beyond the second dungeon) and partly into Chapter 2 before going on hold.

For the heck of it I had also looked into the GB original. Probably a far simpler game (and being an early GB game I'm sure it's one of those scripts a skilled translator could probably do in their sleep but I like the practice. Again hadn't worked out actually dumping it but typing it out by hand and translating while playing). Game seems far more RNG than I'd like, though I'm sure I've gone on before about it here or RHDN.