Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:22 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Working Designs reboot via Sunsoft
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:29 am 

http://www.siliconera.com/2009/12/07/ne ... too-small/

Thought this may be of interest here considering there are plans here to translate Albert Odyssey. It sounds like a fairly big announcement may be coming soon.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

Post subject: Re: Working Designs reboot via Sunsoft
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:13 am 

'spose its a little too vague at this point, but let's hope for something good.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:35 am 
Even if it's vague, it's still great news. Having one more localization is allways good.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:56 pm 

Vic Ireland, the former head of Working Designs seems to claim that something big is coming from looking at the Sunsoft forums. I'll just keep my fingers crossed like many other people.

http://www.sunsoftgames.com/interact/vi ... hp?f=2&t=4

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:39 pm 

I tried to sign up for their forums, but they don't accept "free" email accounts, only ISP-given ones. Which is kind of bullshit, because I frankly don't *have* an ISP email account. My internet is part of my lease, and technically comes via throwaway DSL provided by our leasing office (or whoever they outsourced it to.)

Aeon Genesis ~ Guns guns guns! Yar ho hee har har!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:45 pm 

Gideon Zhi wrote:
I tried to sign up for their forums, but they don't accept "free" email accounts, only ISP-given ones. Which is kind of bullshit, because I frankly don't *have* an ISP email account. My internet is part of my lease, and technically comes via throwaway DSL provided by our leasing office (or whoever they outsourced it to.)

Some sites have silly policies like that. Maybe we are all in fact super advanced A.I spamming code snippets but no one told us. Oh well.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:24 am 
Site Admin

ultpaladin wrote:
Vic Ireland, the former head of Working Designs seems to claim that something big is coming from looking at the Sunsoft forums. I'll just keep my fingers crossed like many other people.

http://www.sunsoftgames.com/interact/vi ... hp?f=2&t=4
Someone tried to insult me on YouTube, claiming that our (meaning the) Feda story (I wrote) sounded like a lame collaboration between Working Designs (Ireland) and that fellow (forgot his name) who wrote SNES RPG translations for a number of years (for Square Soft). Considering the unadulterated joy that WD and English Square games have brought to most of us here and many more good folks out in the world, I considered this to be a supreme compliment, regardless of the source! ("Hee-hee-hee-hee-hee...!" Darkness said.)

Whatever game Victor brings us, if it's an RPG, I will buy it. I want him to succeed. All of these projects are getting to be like work! But I love writing games even more than playing them. Yup, it's the best of both worlds!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:11 am 

Gideon Zhi,

Try an AOL account, I was able to get approved by the administrators with that type of email and I'm pretty sure anyone can sign up for one now days. I also read on the board that they did allow some people through that had non ISP email addresses so I would guess that if you wrote a thoughtful email that they would let you in with that as well.

Edit: Sunsoft/Vic Ireland are asking for input on games on what games to release on Wii Virtual Console and other online systems. They apparently purchased Telenet's entire software library of over 100 games including some RPGs and they plan to take input on which ones to release including games that never made it to the US. So it seems like any Sunsoft or Telenet game is an option up to the PSX era.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:25 am 

I'd like to see Dark Kingdom.
I wonder if Tenshi no Uta has a chance, since they bothered to name it in the Telenet announcement.

I think someone already mentioned Neugier (which had an unreleased official localization, Journey Home: The Quest for the Throne).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:00 pm 
Site Admin

KingMike wrote:
I'd like to see Dark Kingdom.
I wonder if Tenshi no Uta has a chance, since they bothered to name it in the Telenet announcement.

I think someone already mentioned Neugier (which had an unreleased official localization, Journey Home: The Quest for the Throne).

Hey I was actually considering doing Dark kingdom. I discovered that someone else was working on the game. I helped out a little but i have no idea where the guy went... I still have all the project files i made for it.