Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:20 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Arabian Night
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:56 pm 

do you think Dynamic Designs can continue the project Arabian Night ?

they almost done from last 4 years lol http://www.yntproject.net/index.php?section=arabnights

like at 95% but nothing as been release..

http://www.yntproject.net/index.php?section=arabnights

Post subject: Re: Arabian Night
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:38 pm 

Ah, the project is very much alive and nearly finished sans the script editing. I'm part of the team in fact. Currently we're waiting for Kammedo to fix his script insertor so it won't break the game when I try to insert my edits. Hacking-wise the game is probably over 95% finished with a lot of bug fixes already done and the script editing at around maybe 30% or so.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:41 pm 
Site Admin

elk wrote:
do you think Dynamic Designs can continue the project Arabian Night ?
D-D has also been in their position of having projects linger due to a slight bit of additional work needed (Taloon's Great Adventure, for example). I understand Kammedo's position well and know how disappointing it can be to all concerned who want to see a particular project completed 100% and released, both from the player's and the translation team's points of view.

Therefore, D-D is always receptive to the idea of working on joint projects with other teams or taking on the task of completing them. In accepting a joint project, we would want to share logos on splash pages and carry a project page and patch here at D-D, the same as we're doing with Slayers and Matt's Messy Room. We would also want an opportunity to polish the English story and other game features to our standards. Anyone working on stalled RPG translation projects is welcome to contact us and discuss the possibilities.

Otherwise, we're not really in a position to approach someone and volunteer to do this out of the blue - unless maybe we've worked on the game in question previously or already contributed something major - but if anyone wants to hook us up with another team, we'll at least discuss the matter.

In the meantime, I will join you in that long line of gamers who is looking forward to playing Arabian Nights in English!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:51 pm 

Good and bad news for Arabian Nights. Bugs for the script inserter were fixed and everything's working, but the script hasn't progressed any except for formatting etc. I've been mostly busy trying to help solve some bugs that happen on real hardware, BSNES etc. Been real time consuming and the problem still hasn't been fixed.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:43 pm 
Site Admin

Garrett wrote:
Good and bad news for Arabian Nights. Bugs for the script inserter were fixed and everything's working, but the script hasn't progressed any except for formatting etc. I've been mostly busy trying to help solve some bugs that happen on real hardware, BSNES etc. Been real time consuming and the problem still hasn't been fixed.
We went through similar evolutions with our second release of Mystic Ark, so I feel your pain. For that reason, I'm playing through Slayers right now with BSNES and cleaning up things as I go. It's going very well because Bongo` applied the coding methodologies that he developed in a redesigned MA structure. Conversely, Slayers is working even better in BSNES than it does in the Big Two, primarily in regard to the SRAM component.

Hang in there, Garrett. Keep slugging away, and good luck!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:51 pm 

Well, I do have some good news, Nightcrawler took a look at it and determined that the DMA was executing outside of vblank or something and he did a quick fix. Hopefully this should point us in the right direction.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:29 pm 
Site Admin

Garrett wrote:
Well, I do have some good news, Nightcrawler took a look at it and determined that the DMA was executing outside of vblank or something and he did a quick fix. Hopefully this should point us in the right direction.
Oh, has he recovered physically? If so, good to hear he's active again.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:06 pm 

Well, not exactly. He's probably in the recovery phase right now and I'd probably give him several more months of recovery. But he's in good enough shape to do a little debugging.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:44 pm 
Site Admin

Garrett wrote:

Please tell me that this is not font routine related? DMA is a monster if not handled correctly. as for tha quick fix, if it is font related, it can throw off the timing and the actual game's operational speed. Lesson learned in MA code. I could have done that quick fix but the game had slow downs, etc... and that was not the way to go.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:12 pm 

Well, that fix was for the name input screen where the name was garbled. However, there are still problems with the battle text that fails to show up. The main dialogue doesn't appear to be affected by any of those issues though. So, yeah it is font related.