Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:09 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Release: Dragon Ball Z: Legend of the Saiyans
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:36 pm 

Finally finished, after all this time! Get it at http://klepto.r8.org

Post subject: Re: Release: Dragon Ball Z: Legend of the Saiyans
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:18 am 

That is a hilarious coincidence. I'm participating in a podcast as I type this, and this was mentioned at some point without the knowledge that you were still working on it, or indeed that you'd finished it!

Aeon Genesis ~ Guns guns guns! Yar ho hee har har!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:18 am 

As a big DBZ fan (except for Kai), I always thought this game was fun (and something comparably good only came around with Legacy Of Goku 2 and 3 on the GBA) , so thanks for refining the patch, good job ^.^

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:15 am 
Site Admin

SirYoink wrote:
Finally finished, after all this time! Get it at http://klepto.r8.org
Sir Yoink, Dragon Ball Z is one of those series that captivates a dedicated following. The fact that you have finished this translation after all of these years indicates that you are of the same heart as many of us around here - that you have a gnawing sensation inside of you that won't go away until you finish what you started!

Don't be surprised if a translation you released many years ago is still appreciated. Not too long ago, I added an NES project that Jim Price, Faraday, and I did to our YouTube site, and it has enjoyed many visits. The game is Technos Samurai - Downtown Special, and this modern interest in that game proves that aficionados of classic retro fighting games are still out there. Although fighting games are not a genre I routinely play, many years ago, I enjoyed working with Faraday and Jim Price, helping bring this game and story from the Edo era of Japan to the world, in English!

What you have done in releasing this SNES Dragon Ball Z patch will deliver much pleasure to a lot of folks for many years. Congratulations upon getting the job done. I hope you'll catch the bug again, keep pursuing this hobby, and stay in touch with your old friends here you admire your work greatly!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:41 am 

Gideon Zhi wrote:
That is a hilarious coincidence. I'm participating in a podcast as I type this, and this was mentioned at some point without the knowledge that you were still working on it, or indeed that you'd finished it!

Once I started on it again, I've been holding back posting anything until it was done for an out-of-nowhere surprise release. I'll have to check that podcast out, is that the one you're doing for selectbutton.net?

Wildbill wrote:
Yoink, Dragon Ball Z is one of those series that captivates a dedicated following. The fact that you have finished this translation after all of these years indicates that you are of the same heart as many of us around here - that you have a gnawing sensation inside of you that won't go away until you finish what you started!

You pretty much hit the nail on the head with that one, and it applies not only to romhacking. Anytime I've got something sitting around half-finished (looking at you, bathroom-remodling project) its stuck in the back of my mind gnawing away until it's done.

Wildbill wrote:
Don't be surprised if a translation you released many years ago is still appreciated. Not too long ago, I added an NES project that Jim Price, Faraday, and I did to our YouTube site, and it has enjoyed many visits. The game is Technos Samurai - Downtown Special, and this modern interest in that game proves that aficionados of classic retro fighting games are still out there. Although fighting games are not a genre I routinely play, many years ago, I enjoyed working with Faraday and Jim Price, helping bring this game and story from the Edo era of Japan to the world, in English!

What you have done in releasing this SNES Dragon Ball Z patch will deliver much pleasure to a lot of folks for many years. Congratulations upon getting the job done. I hope you'll catch the bug again, keep pursuing this hobby, and stay in touch with your old friends here you admire your work greatly!

I remember playing about halfway thru that when the translation was released for it. Saw it and immediately thought "Wow, they made another game like River City Ransom!" - not realizing at the time that RCR was just a port of the Kunio-Kun games. I'm sure someone new discovers these translations every day. Back in '98 there were only a dozen or so complete NES/SNES translations... I can't imagine what someone first stumbling onto the translation scene now thinks with so many games out there to play!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:01 am 

Now that certainly is a surprise. Now only a handful of early DB(Z) games remain untranslated and that list is surely to shrink soon. The remaining NES games should be finished pretty soon hopefully and this SNES version as well.

http://www.kakkoiitranslations.net/phpB ... ?f=1&t=197

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:35 pm 
Site Admin

This is great news! I'm also a huge Dragon Ball Z fan and this is by far my favorite RPG released of the series. -Hiei from RHDN has been working to translate Super Gokuden 1 and Crystal Beans. It will be awesome once those get released too. AGTP and D-D also has a nice list of games which are currently being translated. The next few couple of years are sure to be great for translation releases.

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)