Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:51 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Rejoice: An Aretha Fable
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 11:08 pm 

The game of the moment is "Aretha Gaiden: Rejoice ~Another Aretha Kingdom~" which I'm simply labling "Rejoice: An Aretha Fable" mostly because there's no way I'm fitting "Another Aretha Kingdom" into the tiny little spritetext on the title screen without mangling it horribly. Thanks to everyone on the language board (and a huge thanks they are) the game now contains 100% English text, though a fair bit of the dialog is probably crashy at the moment. Most of it is unedited as well; I'd guesstimate by sheer line numbers that I've gone through about 2/9s of the script, fixing things up. Almost all of the technical issues have been resolved.

The currently unfixed technical/asm issues include...
--The first time you load an item description, it *always* seems to load the very first description instead of the correct description.
--If the cursor is on "A" in the rename menu and you cancel out to the alphabet selection and go right back into the Roman letter set (which is currently the only letter set in the game), it will jump to F for some reason.

Depending on free time and motivation, I could probably have the rest of the script edited in a week or so, and beta would begin immediately after.

Here are some sample images...

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

And a few youtube videos:
Intro Part 1
Intro Part 2/Gameplay Demonstration

Aeon Genesis ~ Guns guns guns! Yar ho hee har har!

Post subject: Re: Rejoice: An Aretha Fable
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 2:37 am 
Site Admin

Gideon Zhi wrote:
The game of the moment is "Aretha Gaiden: Rejoice ~Another Aretha Kingdom~" which I'm simply labling "Rejoice: An Aretha Fable" mostly because there's no way I'm fitting "Another Aretha Kingdom" into the tiny little spritetext on the title screen without mangling it horribly. Thanks to everyone on the language board (and a huge thanks they are) the game now contains 100% English text, though a fair bit of the dialog is probably crashy at the moment. Most of it is unedited as well; I'd guesstimate by sheer line numbers that I've gone through about 2/9s of the script, fixing things up. Almost all of the technical issues have been resolved.

The currently unfixed technical/asm issues include...
--The first time you load an item description, it *always* seems to load the very first description instead of the correct description.
--If the cursor is on "A" in the rename menu and you cancel out to the alphabet selection and go right back into the Roman letter set (which is currently the only letter set in the game), it will jump to F for some reason.

Depending on free time and motivation, I could probably have the rest of the script edited in a week or so, and beta would begin immediately after.

Here are some sample images...

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

And a few youtube videos:
Intro Part 1
Intro Part 2/Gameplay Demonstration

Oh yea. A little bit of Aretha love. Makes me wonder how Aretha 2 is coming along. That's if any movement at all. :)

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:32 am 

Ah, splendid to hear news about this.

Judging from the game's description on AGTP. It seems really obscure in a good way. :lol:

Backloggery :: Youtube

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 2:24 pm 
Site Admin

We should definitely coordinate the character names that carry over. I don't have time to work on this right now because I'm fixing to travel to New Haven for my younger son's graduation from Yale. When I return and get settled in again, I'll try to dig out all of the Aretha-II names I may have missed.

We don't have a complete dump for Aretha-I yet, but I'm sure some carryover of characters, places, monsters, and items will occur. Also spells and such. It may be somewhat labor intensive, so I guess we could really use the misc file dumps from Aretha-I soon.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:38 pm 
Site Admin

Wildbill wrote:
We should definitely coordinate the character names that carry over. I don't have time to work on this right now because I'm fixing to travel to New Haven for my younger son's graduation from Yale. When I return and get settled in again, I'll try to dig out all of the Aretha-II names I may have missed.

We don't have a complete dump for Aretha-I yet, but I'm sure some carryover of characters, places, monsters, and items will occur. Also spells and such. It may be somewhat labor intensive, so I guess we could really use the misc file dumps from Aretha-I soon.

I think The Aretha-I dumps can be done as soon as I am sure the kanji is done

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:11 am 
Site Admin

About those Aretha I dumps, between this and the main page news it sounds like it's not too soon to consider getting started on the translation. I'm still neck deep in other scripts mind you but I have a feeling if I had the Aretha I dumps that I may start picking at them for the sake of variety. :) If you can get 'em dumped let me know.

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:54 am 

Just an fyi, I'm still picking away at this, slowly but surely!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:36 am 
Site Admin

Gideon Zhi wrote:
Just an fyi, I'm still picking away at this, slowly but surely!

I figured you would have had it done by now... I guess you are human! :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:48 pm 

Well, I'm trying to not-spoil myself the gameplay, so I'm just reading through the file and editing as I go, with the hopes that I end up with a mostly-good product by the end. I've got a good sense of the characters' mannerisms so getting the proper voice for them is only challenging from a consistency standpoint, it's just event context that eludes me sometimes.