Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:12 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Dark Half
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:00 am 

Just found this and while it's great to see progress, it suffers from the T E R R A N I G M A syndrome.

http://klepto.r8.org/

Post subject: Re: Dark Half
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:21 am 

Hopefully this will be somehow fixed in later releases of the patch.
This game sure looks like an interesting one.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:01 am 

I just now found this post - no worries, fix is a done deal and the font in the next release will look 10x better. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:18 am 

Awesome ^.^ the game looks interesting so I'm glad its being worked on.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:16 am 

Sir Yoink,

First I want to say thanks for working on Dark Half, I always like to play old Enix RPGs. Second I noticed you were working on XBox 360 Indie games. What kind of games are you considering making other than the Dino Bite game? I wonder if the RPG Maker engine could ever be used with Indie games.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:37 pm 
Site Admin

Red Soul wrote:
Again!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:56 pm 

LOL only now I noticed I repeated myself, I guess my brain is working at half capacity.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:27 am 

ultpaladin wrote:
Sir Yoink,
First I want to say thanks for working on Dark Half, I always like to play old Enix RPGs. Second I noticed you were working on XBox 360 Indie games. What kind of games are you considering making other than the Dino Bite game? I wonder if the RPG Maker engine could ever be used with Indie games.

It's very early in development, nothing even close to playable yet, but I'm actually collaborating with a few other people to begin work on a 360 RPG. My s/o is in the graphics design field, and has a RPG script she's been working on for a long time. I've also got a good group of guys ready to work on the sound and music. Our first game (Dino-Bite) is more to get something out there next year and build a resume, but I'm hoping we can make our next game polished enough to submit it as an arcade release. As of right now, we're using the underlying stats framework and tile engine of Microsoft's XNA RPG kit, but I'm not happy with its sprite rendering and scaling. If I don't do something custom for it, the FlatRedBall engine is looking like a good replacement.

I would consider using it, but I haven't seen anything on a finished RPG Maker product that worked with the 360. Was that ever actually released?

Red Soul wrote:

I just posted an update with the new font included about an hour ago. :D Free-time permitting, I'd like to see it done sometime this year.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:07 pm 
Site Admin

SirYoink wrote:
ultpaladin wrote:
Sir Yoink,

It's very early in development, nothing even close to playable yet, but I'm actually collaborating with a few other people to begin work on a 360 RPG. My s/o is in the graphics design field, and has a RPG script she's been working on for a long time. I've also got a good group of guys ready to work on the sound and music. Our first game (Dino-Bite) is more to get something out there next year and build a resume, but I'm hoping we can make our next game polished enough to submit it as an arcade release. As of right now, we're using the underlying stats framework and tile engine of Microsoft's XNA RPG kit, but I'm not happy with its sprite rendering and scaling. If I don't do something custom for it, the FlatRedBall engine is looking like a good replacement.
You are very fortunate to have a spouse/lady friend who shares your passion for this hobby!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:15 am 

I'll be sure to give the current patch a spin, and conversely, give my feedback.
Keep up the good work Sir Yoink!