Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:44 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Welcome to Pia Carrot 2
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:43 am 
Site Admin

Hey guys. Just wanted to share the good news. WtPC2 is sitting at around 25% complete on a first draft of the script. Esperknight has put together an initial script inserter and we have a basic script insertion working up to the first choice segment in the game. I grabbed some screenshots and posted them to the project page. They are clickable for full versions. You can check more out here: http://projects.mattsmessyroom.com/welcometopiacarrot2/

It should be Azusa Hinomori btw. Still need to proofread/edit. :)

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

Post subject: Re: Welcome to Pia Carrot 2
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:50 am 
Site Admin

filler wrote:
Hey guys. Just wanted to share the good news. WtPC2 is sitting at around 25% complete on a first draft of the script. Esperknight has put together an initial script inserter and we have a basic script insertion working up to the first choice segment in the game. I grabbed some screenshots and posted them to the project page. They are clickable for full versions. You can check more out here: http://projects.mattsmessyroom.com/welcometopiacarrot2/

It should be Azusa Hinomori btw. Still need to proofread/edit. :)
Hey, that's nice!! (I mean, the inserter work...)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:29 am 
Site Admin

The off color jokes I could make right now... :D

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:51 am 
Site Admin

Heh, sadly, they'd actually be appropriate considering the game too :) Good work filler.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:07 am 

Looking good. Although I never did get what the fascination was with these dating sim games, but I did love playing Thousand Arms back in the day.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:29 am 

That's great progress there filler.
I actually think these kinds of games are rather fun (and IMO H content isn't needed at all to make a good game of this kind).
also to add a bit of an off topic-ish comment , Princess Maker also comes to mind in that it provides interesting interaction (akin to Wonder Project J games),
although obviously the premise is different from WTPC.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:37 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks guys. :)

I've only played a couple games like this but they are like romance novels for guys. I've decided that twilight for guys is probably the best way to describe Tsukihime. I agree with you Red Soul, the h content is optional, though can be fun. I'm playing White Album on the PS3 which is a general audience version (still rated 17+ oddly) and I'm having a good time with it.

I think the appeal is in some ways just wanting to read a story about love working out, and think about some of the possibilities of relationships. Without getting specific, I've been watching the animated version of Yosuga no Sora and it's actually helped me think a little about feelings I've had and get some perspective on them. Guys don't get a lot of venues to explore feelings really. These kinds of games are a way to do that a little. I think it's really constructive.

Even some of the touchy-er subjects are kind of good to bring up as subjects (in a game) sometimes just to air them out. Like "yeah, human beings feel these things" and gain some objectivity. That's one of the reasons why I don't understand when people get really worked up about censoring games/comics/cartoons or whatever. These are safe venues to think about things good or bad. We're not talking action here but thought. If people can get some perspective on their own feelings, why censor that? I have a shirt that says "THINK: It's not illegal yet". :) I hope it never will be.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:39 pm 
Site Admin

filler wrote:
Thanks guys. :)

I've only played a couple games like this but they are like romance novels for guys. I've decided that twilight for guys is probably the best way to describe Tsukihime. I agree with you Red Soul, the h content is optional, though can be fun. I'm playing White Album on the PS3 which is a general audience version (still rated 17+ oddly) and I'm having a good time with it.

I think the appeal is in some ways just wanting to read a story about love working out, and think about some of the possibilities of relationships. Without getting specific, I've been watching the animated version of Yosuga no Sora and it's actually helped me think a little about feelings I've had and get some perspective on them. Guys don't get a lot of venues to explore feelings really. These kinds of games are a way to do that a little. I think it's really constructive.

Even some of the touchy-er subjects are kind of good to bring up as subjects (in a game) sometimes just to air them out. Like "yeah, human beings feel these things" and gain some objectivity. That's one of the reasons why I don't understand when people get really worked up about censoring games/comics/cartoons or whatever. These are safe venues to think about things good or bad. We're not talking action here but thought. If people can get some perspective on their own feelings, why censor that? I have a shirt that says "THINK: It's not illegal yet". :) I hope it never will be.
I've got decades of feeling good about a "relationship-working-out" that I hope the government never tries to make illegal. Otherwise, I'd be forced to become an outlaw!! I've also got a few years of watching my three kids struggle like crazy to find someone they can count on. Is this present 20-something generation cursed in the relationship department, or what!? Anyway I believe healthy sexual content in a dating sim or similar vehicle might be a good way for them to sublimate urges while filtering one frivolous prospect after another. Problem is, they don't have time for anything but a two-hour Hollywood romp!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:35 am 
Site Admin

Glad to hear you are in a good relationship WB. :) I have my own circumstances. I'm just happy to be having some professional success for now. Hopefully the personal will come along in time.

@Red Soul: I've never played a raising sim but I always thought the premise was pretty cool. I actually had a copy of Princess Maker for like the 3DO or Saturn or something that I didn't realize was collectible when I sold it on ebay. I got suckered into letting it go for $20-$30 when it was probably fetching twice that but I'm not holding a grudge. I'd still like to try out something like that at some point. The second Magic Knight Rayearth game on Game Gear is actually a raising sim, not to mention a cool looking PC-FX game called Comic Road. Both titles I've been eying for possible translation.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:26 am 

filler wrote:
Glad to hear you are in a good relationship WB. :) I have my own circumstances. I'm just happy to be having some professional success for now. Hopefully the personal will come along in time.

@Red Soul: I've never played a raising sim but I always thought the premise was pretty cool. I actually had a copy of Princess Maker for like the 3DO or Saturn or something that I didn't realize was collectible when I sold it on ebay. I got suckered into letting it go for $20-$30 when it was probably fetching twice that but I'm not holding a grudge. I'd still like to try out something like that at some point. The second Magic Knight Rayearth game on Game Gear is actually a raising sim, not to mention a cool looking PC-FX game called Comic Road. Both titles I've been eying for possible translation.

Well I hope your projects come along well filler ^.^ I'll be happy to help with testing if you need along the road, you're one of us after all and its just natural.
I'm not sure about the legality status of the PM series, but I do know the makers are called GAINAX or something.
Also I do know there are partial patches floating along the net for PM2 and 4, but I doubt they are really playable in this manner.
I played Wonder Project J1 (Snes) and J2 (N64) before and I have to say I like this kind of game, especially when it leads to unsuspecting and / or funny results
(In J2 for example, Josette could actually eat a book instead of reading it unless properly taught).

A picture of both Pino (WPJ 1) and Josette (WPJ2)

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q47/ ... ndpino.jpg