Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 6:36 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Madou Monogatari I and Lady Sword
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:56 pm 
Site Admin

Hey guys! I don't want you to think I have disappeared after Slayers. Some good stuff going on with other of my projects. Madou Monogatari I that Kingofcrusher (Sephen Seehorn) asked me to translate the script for has an incomplete patch available. http://www.romhacking.net/trans/1502/ If you want to play it and assist with bug reports please use the forum listed here: http://puyonexus.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1583&start=0 More information available here: http://projects.mattsmessyroom.com/madoumonogatari/

Also Esperknight and I are beta testing Lady Sword for the PCE here: http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,10670.0.html He's done a really good job on this and I am excited about possibly being able to release a patch for it soon. More info here: http://projects.mattsmessyroom.com/ladysword/

I've also been working very hard on a translation aid to help me format scripts and to automate some of my translation including the lookup of words and translation memory entries, as well as assembly of the results into sentences. Rather than working on translating right now I'm trying to finish up this tool so I can use it on my projects like Aretha II, Welcome to Pia Carrot 2, Slayers (PC98), Urusei Yatsura: Stay with You, and others. It's brought my translating to a halt but I really believe it will speed up my efforts greatly in the long run. I feel like months spent working on it are not in vain and will contribute a lot to the above listed projects.

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

Post subject: Re: Madou Monogatari I and Lady Sword
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:16 pm 

I've never tried a PC Engine game, what do you recommend in terms of emulators Filler? I remember seeing someone translating Startling Odyssey so I have more reasons to try out Lady Sword too.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:29 pm 
Site Admin

I've always liked Magic Engine. It's commercial but it's a great emulator with a nice gui and it's affordable. Mednafen is also good and has nice debugging features from what I hear. I've always found it a little more obtuse. I'd recommend using a frontend to make it an easier process. I tried out MedGui recently which seemed to get the job done. I don't remember for sure if you need a bios image to play PCE on Mednafen or not. You don't for Magic Engine.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:35 pm 

Thanks for the advice. Good work on Madou Monogatari too. Its pretty good graphics for a Game Gear game. I hope its not too tricky to stay alive since I don't see any life bar. I guess I have to watch the girl's expressions closely.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:51 pm 

For PCE emulation, I use ootake (can't remember the link, use google). It seems it does need a System Card for CD games.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:29 am 
Site Admin

ImageImageImageImage

There is a new patch out for Madou Monogatari. This patch addresses all the known bugs from the bug report thread and is confirmed 100% working to the ending, minus only the ending credits. It's possible we may polish the script a bit in the future, but we are considering this a complete patch. Check out my Madou Monogatari project page or RHDN for more info and a link to the patch.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:23 pm 
Site Admin

I will need to play this game after I finish DQ-IX.

filler wrote:
ImageImageImageImage

There is a new patch out for Madou Monogatari. This patch addresses all the known bugs from the bug report thread and is confirmed 100% working to the ending, minus only the ending credits. It's possible we may polish the script a bit in the future, but we are considering this a complete patch. Check out my Madou Monogatari project page or RHDN for more info and a link to the patch.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:33 pm 
Site Admin

filler wrote:
ImageImageImageImage

I see you have another great release out the door. You'd best becareful or you
will start to kick them out at the rate GZ does. At that rate, there would be nothing left for the rest of us. :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:48 am 

Wow that's great news, congrats Filler!
Now I just have to gear up the patience to play the fruits of your labor
(and try to get away from Infinite Space for the DS for that).
In all I'm pretty sure its another top notch piece of work we've come to expect from ya,
hopefully I can play the patch and appreciate your work without dying after climbing
just a handful of floors haha.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:47 pm 
Site Admin

Bongo` wrote:
I see you have another great release out the door. You'd best becareful or you
will start to kick them out at the rate GZ does. At that rate, there would be nothing left for the rest of us. :)

No way I'll reach the level of GZ. He's over 9000! ;)
But just think what would happen if he and I teamed up...?

Thanks guys for the words of praise. This really was mostly Stephen's project and work. Especially this patch update was all him, I just sat back and did other stuff. I played some of this the other night and it came off very polished and fun, at least for 1hr or so of playtime. I'd like to spend some more time with it.

As for comparing to the Genesis version, I don't know. If they are both ports of the first game then the Genesis version is probably superior. However, this one is in English thanks to yours truly (et al), so way better in my opinion.

My projects
RHDN Community DB